Arsenal v Newcastle Tuesday January 29 @ 19:45

Skirge

Given

Carr    Taylor  Cacapa  Jose

Butt

Milner  Smith    Charlie      Duff

Owen

We have no chance of winning the game and i think it's a case of containing them, hence my team

2-0 to the Arse

i got a feeling we will pass it better then them and actually score on our chances with Barton making it 2-1 and becoming  a cult hero in second half. Adebayor and Butt to score the other ones.

i got a feeling we will pass it better then them and actually score on our chances with Barton making it 2-1 and becoming  a cult hero in second half. Adebayor and Butt to score the other ones.

Barton is a bit like Cinderella, he'll have to leg it if it gets too late.

Barton is a bit like Cinderella, he'll have to leg it if it gets too late.

Is it cos he has not very nice siblings?

Given

Carr    Taylor  Cacapa  Jose

Butt

Milner  Smith    Charlie      Duff

Owen

We have no chance of winning the game and i think it's a case of containing them, hence my team

2-0 to the Arse

Sam, is that you?

Given

Carr     Taylor   Cacapa   Jose

Butt

Milner   Smith     Charlie      Duff

Owen

2-0 to the Arse

Sam, is that you?

Afraid so

Viduka only ever performs when it's contract time.

Given

Carr      Taylor        Cacapa      Jose

Milner    Butt            N'Zogbia    Duff

Owen          Smith

Harper, Rozehnal, LuaLua, Ameobi, Barton

Same starting side as last time I think. Can't really see it being anything else. Perhaps Rozehnal in for Butt but that's the only difference.

We are going to destroy them because of our no. 23:

Ameobi can be as good as Adebayor

NEWCASTLE striker Shola Ameobi has been told to follow in the footsteps of Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor.

The 26-year-old Magpies frontman has seen his efforts to plug the gap left by Alan Shearer on his retirement hampered by injury, and found himself largely a forgotten man under former boss Sam Allardyce.

But new boss Kevin Keegan was swift to restore him to the starting line-up following his latest return to fitness, and is confident he can make a major impact.

Ameobi was not involved in Saturday's 3-0 fourth-round defeat at Arsenal, but could play a part when the sides meet again in the Premier league tonight.

Adebayor scored twice at the weekend, and Keegan has ordered his own African-born front man to study the Togo international's game.

He said: "If you look at Adebayor, what I would say to Shola Ameobi is what I saw of Adebayor a year and a half ago when he first came on to the scene is what I saw of Ameobi when he first came on to the scene.

"That guy has kicked on and Shola has had injuries and other little problems, I guess, but he is 26 now and I don't think it is too late.

"Everywhere you go when you see a performance like that, you can say to a player, 'He is a similar size to you. Has he got more ability than you?'.

"Well, it would look so at the moment, but truthfully, I think Shola has got a lot of stuff pac

kaged there that hasn't quite come out properly yet.

"People might say Alan was dominating when he was here - of course he was; so was (Thierry) Henry, but Adebayor has gone straight in and filled his boots.

"That's not easy, that's almost as difficult as filling Alan Shearer's here."

Newcastle head south with Keegan's last-ditch recruitment drive having so far failed to pay dividends - and the manager admitting he may have to negotiate the remainder of the season with what he already has.

He said: "We are set in the summer to add to the squad in a way I think will be really meaningful, as opposed to now where you are taking chances.

"If you get one who is an absolute top-notcher, who has played at the highest level, then you might do it.

"But at this moment in time, there have not been that many put forward to us who fit that criterion that you can realistically get."

He said: "If you look at Adebayor, what I would say to Shola Ameobi is what I saw of Adebayor a year and a half ago when he first came on to the scene is what I saw of Ameobi when he first came on to the scene.

I thought Keegan hadnt watched a game from the past 3 years?

Forget the result, this match should tell Keegan a lot about the players he's got and their desire to compete at the highest level. Will they be up for it to the bitter end or will the heads drop at the first setback?

....................Given

Carr.....Taylor....Cacapa.....Enrique

Milner....Butt......Duff.......N'Zogbia

.............Owen....Ameobi

Yes, I would rather see Ameobi on the pitch than Smith.

Seeing as we'll be playing on the deck so would I. I thought Viduka was fit though?

We tried containing teams all season and its never worked.

Just go out and put a good preformance in and see what we get.