Alvaro - fraudulent bid by third party, Newcastle never interested.

Baggio

Find it amazing with all that money and hype surrounding the arrival of Keegan, this is all we can come up with in the transfer market!

Maybe that's why Ashley's brought Wise in because he knows Mort's s**** at negotiations.

You're right  :undecided:, we should have gone out and splashed millions at Tottenhams door for Berbatov, then we should have headed up the country to Man Utd and whacked £20m in their hands for Carrick, then maybe given Woodgate an extra 10.000 a week to sign.

FFS

No-one else in the league has bought anyone (apart from Anelka) that I would have particularly wanted. You know why....... because they're not for sale. Simple.

Anyone is at the right price!

i dont think this is true anymore, clubs dont really need the money more than they do great players,  of corse there are clubs in money trouble but they usually dont have great players, offer spurs 30million for berbatov and they dont really need to take it if they want him there and he is happy there.

Of course they would, it's a business first and formost, if they can get a huge profit on a player then they'd take it.

of all the skilful attacking Brazilians out there we have to sign we go for a defender  :-[

btw, Brum also after him

------------------------------

"It's incredible - on the same day two English clubs are fighting over me," Alvaro is quoted as saying in The Mirror

"Levante have the final say but going to Newcastle is perfect.

"To play in the Premier League will be sensational."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3091829,00.html

Actually my Brazilian mate tells me that they're having a bit of an attacker crisis at the moment. Shortage of decent players. They're much stronger in defence than attack.

Does he follow la liga closely? lol

Far be it from me to try and add some positivity to this thread, but it seems no one has considered the following scenario - Keegan has had a look at our midfield and defence and decided that Rozenhal and Faye (yes, I know KK hasn't seen the Africans, but he does have a backroom) are needed in the midfield, thus leaving us shorter in defence than might otherwise have been thought...?

2m euros for a defender nobody else seems to want

You mean posters on a message board?

its hardly a genius coup?

Based on what? Can't exactly remember teams knocking on the door to sign N'Zogbia or Beye.

Smacks of another mediocre purchase to fill numbers rather than a real tactical purchase.

Yup, bring a defender in to shore up our leaky defence. What is Keegan thinking?

Given our track record on cheapish defendersn forgive me for being sceptical.

Albert? Faye? Beye? Helder? Bernard?

Oh and I thought we were now going for top quality that could slot straight into the prem or players that had prem experience?

Terry? Vidic? Gallas?

Let me respond to your ridiculous responses:

1. You mean posters on a message board?

No, I meant the lack of other bids by other teams and I admit there is a presumption on my part however, with the laws of supply and demand, 2m euros tends to lead me to believe this guy is either at the end of his contract or nobody else is bidding for him and the market value for his level of quality is 2m euros, which indiactes a level of mediocrity.

2. Based on what? Can't exactly remember teams knocking on the door to sign N'Zogbia or Beye.

N'Zogbia is hardly a relevant comparision being a 17yr old kid who hadn't had any exposure to first team action at any decent level and thus why would many be knocking on his door?  Beye is a fair enough example of us doing good business, aside from Woodgate I am of the opinion that that is probably the two best pieces of defensive business we have done and given the amount of defenders we have had through the door that hardly is a vote of confidence in our ability to pick good defenders.

3.  Yup, bring a defender in to shore up our leaky defence. What is Keegan thinking?

What an idiotic response - let me let you into a secret, sh*t plus sh*t doesn't equal good!!!  Bringing in another crap defender won't shore up a leaky defence, only good defenders will do that, 10 Rozenhals wont mean a good defence! :crazy2:

4. Albert? Faye? Beye? Helder? Bernard?

Helder isn't an exmaple you can use as he was only on loan :rolleyes:

Albert is a fair enough example, I have agreed with Faye and I suppose Bernard was alright but nothing to get excited about.

How about these:

Dabizas

O'Brien

Griffin

Carr

Rozenhal

Babyaro

Pistone

Wayne Quinn

Yes indeed, they were all top quality!

5. Terry? Vidic? Gallas?

Was a stupid response, did Keegan not say he wanted top quality that could come straight into the premiership or players that had prem experience - are you disagreeing with Keegan as well?

Forgive me for being sceptical about a 2m euro defender who is playing for one of the worst defensive teams in Spain.  Clearly I'm an idiot for thinking this could be a waste of time as all our defensive buys at that price in the past have been a spectacular success and indeed when you pay that much for a defender of a team of that quality we should expect he is going to improve our defence because thinking realistically appears to be wrong in your eyes.

Continuing to buy cr*p at these sort of prices will not improve our defence.

Look at Spurs - I'm not saying their buys will be successful but they are definetely setting the bar above us in ambition - Woodgate and Hutton may or may not be a success for different reasons but at least they are not scraping round buying dross for the sake of buying dross.

Find it amazing with all that money and hype surrounding the arrival of Keegan, this is all we can come up with in the transfer market!

Maybe that's why Ashley's brought Wise in because he knows Mort's s**** at negotiations.

You're right  :undecided:, we should have gone out and splashed millions at Tottenhams door for Berbatov, then we should have headed up the country to Man Utd and whacked £20m in their hands for Carrick, then maybe given Woodgate an extra 10.000 a week to sign.

FFS

No-one else in the league has bought anyone (apart from Anelka) that I would have particularly wanted. You know why....... because they're not for sale. Simple.

i dont think this is true anymore, clubs dont really need the money more than they do great players,  of corse there are clubs in money trouble but they usually dont have great players, offer spurs 30million for berbatov and they dont really need to take it if they want him there and he is happy there.

Of course they would, it's a business first and formost, if they can get a huge profit on a player then they'd take it.

they are in the same position as us why would they sell? yes 30m is a big profit on whatever they paid for him but he is there key player who they wouldnt be able to replace this season

FFS

But why should we pay way over the odds for a player in January when we could get them for a couple of million cheaper in the summer?

For a top class player you won't see a difference in price whether it's the Jan window or during the Summer.

My point is why have we been fucking around chasing for defenders when that's not our problem!! When i'm sure in the world of football there are 2 - 3 quality midfielders that would be available and would piss on the current crap we have there.

We need players who can hold onto the ball and fooking string 2 passes together, as this alone would take the pressure off the back four!

It's the midfield that's the problem nothing else! Get that fixed and we'll stop conceeding as many goals and the forwards will start scoring again!

Bit uncomfortable about the fact that the majority of people on here haven't seen him play enough to judge, yet some of these have already written him off.

I wish these people weren't Newcastle fans, as this is embarrassing.

Bit uncomfortable about the fact that the majority of people on here haven't seen him play enough to judge, yet some of these have already written him off.

I'll give anyone a chance.

I'm holding onto the fact that he looks like he's got a strong build, as the one thing we can't afford is another pushover. Rozehnal always looked like a tweener.

If this Alvaro guy is strong and dominant in the air, I think this will allow us to use Faye in midfield when he returns, as he does such a good job of maintaining posession in midfield, which is exactly what we need more than anything.

Great addition, average on FOOTBALL MANAGER, our new TERRY! too bad hes ooold....

Felipa my man, you are Brazilian right?

Can you tel us what this guys attributes are? Is he quick? Strong? Good in the air? Good on the ball?

Also, you say he is old, but he is only 28, or do you think he has been tampering with his birth certificate?

Yea its quite sad. He hasnt even signed yet people are moaning, I wish those people would shut up or fuck off tbh.

If he comes in and is shit then fair enough voice your opinions but until then back him and try to make him feel welcome.

I back everyone that comes into the club and my criticism isn't directed on the lad, its a frustration at continuing to buy at a price level which I believe has a higher chance of failure than success and completely contradicts what the board and even KK keep telling us about their ambitions.

I back everyone that comes into the club and my criticism isn't directed on the lad, its a frustration at continuing to buy at a price level which I believe has a higher chance of failure than success and completely contradicts what the board and even KK keep telling us about their ambitions.

If it was the summer and all we got in was this defender then i would agree but its Jan FFS, clubs dont like doin business in Jan thats a fact. Why would teams let their best plays go half way throu a season? Take Bently for example: Blackburn are pushing for Europe and Bently is probably their best player so why would Blackburn let him go in Jan?

Yea its quite sad. He hasnt even signed yet people are moaning, I wish those people would shut up or f*** off tbh.

If he comes in and is s*** then fair enough voice your opinions but until then back him and try to make him feel welcome.

the fans will be booing him before he evens gets on the field, probably when he`s warming up before the match

The thing is we went after a top defender with Premier League experience in Woodgate, but we didn't manage to bring him in.

So if forced to buy from abroad, which is risky, especially with so little time left, why not try and find someone who might do well for a cheaper price. At least if it doesn't pan out it wouldn't have cost us much, better than doing a Boumsong.

If it was the summer and all we got in was this defender then i would agree but its Jan FFS, clubs dont like doin business in Jan thats a fact. Why would teams let their best plays go half way throu a season? Take Bently for example: Blackburn are pushing for Europe and Bently is probably their best player so why would Blackburn let him go in Jan?

I do agree with that to an extent, I think you have to overpay to get players in January but given our circumstances and our so caled ambition I would have hoped we would have pushed the boat out.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, I do see your point and maybe my expectations we slightly too great for January.

I've seen him quite a few times. He's fooking shite (and I'm a poster who usually rates new signings too high).

This is what I've just got from a Brasilian chap I speaky to.

Fogo! says:

he used to play in the sub-whatever national, but never came to be a great player

Fogo! says:

he is just yet another regular CB

I do agree with that to an extent, I think you have to overpay to get players in January but given our circumstances and our so caled ambition I would have hoped we would have pushed the boat out.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh, I do see your point and maybe my expectations we slightly too great for January.

I think to add to that the timing of SA sacking wasnt the best, KK has had 2 weeks in charge which aint enough time to assess what we need and then go out and get the players.

I'd be lying if i said i wasnt disappointed but im not disappointed with KK or the board. I'd be happy if they scraped the Jan transfer window or if we had a winter break in which the manager can devote all his time to the transfer window.

I've seen him quite a few times. He's fooking s**** (and I'm a poster who usually rates new signings too high).

Fair enough. Can you tell us a bit more? Is he slow? Weak? What exactly makes him bad?

Also, have you only seen him play for Levante, which seems to be a bad team overall.

Guest LucaAltieri

of all the skilful attacking Brazilians out there we have to sign we go for a defender  :-[

btw, Brum also after him

------------------------------

"It's incredible - on the same day two English clubs are fighting over me," Alvaro is quoted as saying in The Mirror

"Levante have the final say but going to Newcastle is perfect.

"To play in the Premier League will be sensational."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3091829,00.html

Actually my Brazilian mate tells me that they're having a bit of an attacker crisis at the moment. Shortage of decent players. They're much stronger in defence than attack.

Does he follow la liga closely? lol

Follows most of European football as it happens. He's a bit of a nut... and a football coach (kids).

Haven't had chance to talk to him about Alvaro. He did mention to me that Caçapa may be passed it when he signed. He was optimistic, though... many Brazilians were pushing for Caçapa to get a regular national team place a few years back.

The offices of Levante UD yesterday lived another day peak rush. The imminent closure of the winter market and the urgent need for the club to deposit money caused a traffic agents and footballers. The actor returned to the central Brazilian Luiz Alvaro Maior.

EMV-Levante, Valencia

When it seemed that everything was done to his transfer to Newcastle, a problem in the form of payment of 3 million English club finally stopped the operation. What provoked the anger of the footballer. "My head is no longer in the Levant," said Alvaro upon leaving the offices of the club while throwing a warning: "With the needs of all players and act well, I hope that this is resolved tomorrow, because if we are not going to have a very big problem. "

Alvaro made these statements after meeting in the morning yesterday with the board of directors. Apparently the directive of Levante has refused to accept an initial offer from Newcastle for a problem in the timing of recovery, as the club Valencia in dire need of liquidity. In this sense, Alvaro expressed very hurt: "I hope that the club will not repent next week if there was no accepted if the club has not done so they will know why." "With an economic problem as we have, I played silent and stretched to the full before until this time my head was in the Levant and from now recognize that is no longer," he added.

Nevertheless, Alvaro acknowledged that it is "a pity" the current situation of the club but not hide his frustration.

Viqueira, ceded to Xerez

At least yesterday closed the open front with Viqueira, because the Levant and Xerez have reached an agreement for the assignment of rights of the federal mid, and the player galician play in the Andalusian entity as assigned until the end of season. Viqueira arrived at Levante at the beginning of this season, and revert to the entity that presides Julio Romero at the end of it, since it has a contract in force until June 30, 2009.

The mid try to take the minutes that had been denied in the Levant Abel Resino first and then the Italian Gianni de Biasi. The player has hardly counted for two technicians as it takes disputed campaign. The player was even departed from the team for Biasi decision, which did not have him even to complete the calls.

A less cash

With the departure of Viqueira, Levante stay with a less effective after the marches Cirillo, and Riganó Storari, who returned to his country after bad way levantinista team, in addition to the withdrawal of Savio Bortolini.