Alvaro - fraudulent bid by third party, Newcastle never interested.

Baggio

Guest definitely_maybe123

alrite guys, was out and about last night so didnt get to see the transfer deadline deals for clubs. did we sign alvaro in the end? i know rozehal went to lazio so wondered if we got a replacement

So what you are saying is that if you want to sign a player, a fax with a signature on it is much better than an email, text or verbal agreement?

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Yes. You were right, but your level of knowledge meant that it was no more than a guess on your part. Well done  :laugh:  :razz:

So what you are saying is that if you want to sign a player, a fax with a signature on it is much better than an email, text or verbal agreement?

Yes. You were right, but your level of knowledge meant that it was no more than a guess on your part. Well done  :laugh:  :razz:

Experience you mean and actually buying services from other companies and settign up contracts for about 8 years.

I tell what i am guessing, you did a-level law recently and you think you're a smart arse?

Yes. You were right, but your level of knowledge meant that it was no more than a guess on your part. Well done :laugh: :razz:

Experience you mean and actually buying services from other companies and settign up contracts for about 8 years.

I tell what i am guessing, you did a-level law recently and you think you're a smart arse?

Blimey. If you act this pissy when people say you're right, and throw smileys in to try and show that there's no bad intent, how far do you throw your toys out of your pram when people show you you're wrong?........which you are by your second guess.

Now you've had a guess about me so let me make one about you.......you're a bit of a tosser aren't you? :angry:

alrite guys, was out and about last night so didnt get to see the transfer deadline deals for clubs. did we sign alvaro in the end? i know rozehal went to lazio so wondered if we got a replacement

No we didn't get Alvaro, but we signed Mendieta

From Reuters, Saturday:

Levante have said that the Primera Liga club and their Brazilian centre-back Alvaro were the victims of a fraudulent offer by an intermediary who falsely claimed that Birmingham City and Newcastle United had bid 3 million euros ($4.46 million) for the player.

"Both clubs have confirmed to us that they made no such offers," Levante president Julio Romero told the club's Web site. Levante said that Newcastle told them that would report the incident to FIFA.

Hahahahahha

Guest LucaAltieri

From Reuters, Saturday:

Levante have said that the Primera Liga club and their Brazilian centre-back Alvaro were the victims of a fraudulent offer by an intermediary who falsely claimed that Birmingham City and Newcastle United had bid 3 million euros ($4.46 million) for the player.

"Both clubs have confirmed to us that they made no such offers," Levante president Julio Romero told the club's Web site. Levante said that Newcastle told them that would report the incident to FIFA.

Hahahahahha

Apparently it was Bobby Robson. Forgot he doesn't work here anymore.

From Reuters, Saturday:

Hahahahahha

:lol:

From Reuters, Saturday:

Hahahahahha

Brilliant :lol:

mackems.gif

But why would an "intermediatory" (which I think is speak for agent) make a fraudelent offer. What could they gain?

they are going through financila trouble right now so maybe someone owed cash and not happy ?

Did they not say it was originally an e-mail they recieved?  Fucking hell,  it could be anyone.

Might try emailing Spurs in June,  posing as Arsene Wenger and offering £15m for Jenas.  How fucking stupid do you have to be to believe a random email?  No wonder they said we forgot about him and the deal went dead :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

why are premier league clubs faxing things around in 2008? :lol:

just send a txt or email

cn we av alvaro 4 3m yuro? ta, nufc x

It was an e-mail, just "fax" seems the journalistic word when it comes to Deadline Day so thought I'd use that. :lol:

Email :D

Good potential for complete chaos. Doesn't take a genius to work out the chairmans email address if you know anyone who works at the club, and seeing as addresses are so easy to spoof......

good call :lol:

why are premier league clubs faxing things around in 2008? :lol:

just send a txt or email

cn we av alvaro 4 3m yuro? ta, nufc x

It was an e-mail, just "fax" seems the journalistic word when it comes to Deadline Day so thought I'd use that. :lol:

Email :D

Good potential for complete chaos. Doesn't take a genius to work out the chairmans email address if you know anyone who works at the club, and seeing as addresses are so easy to spoof......

good call :lol:

Yu can even fake phone numbers you are call from.  I used to freak people out by using the number 007 and playin audio clip from James Bond Films and once used my mates lasses number and called him to see how he answered the phone to her so I could rib him when I worked in telecoms.  Your phone number is sent as part of the message so its easy to fake same goes for a fax.

Alvaro remains unhappy missing Newcastle move

Alvaro has criticised the football agent who was at the centre of the controversy surrounding his on-off transfer to Newcastle United last week.

The Brazilian defender thought that an offer had been received from the Premier League club before being accepted and then blocked by Levante and he spoke out at the time.

Now he has discovered that the bid was not concrete and blamed Mariam Khadour for building up his hopes of a very lucrative move to St James' Park.

"I cannot find a logical explanation for it all," he told a press conference. "I have changed my mind completely and the club has been very strong and responded with everything I wanted.

"Levante has proof of everything that happened and that nobody else is to blame apart from this woman.

"It was all very difficult, but I want to thank the club for the way things have gone."

Alvaro stated last week that he felt he could never play for the club again after he thought that they were stopping him leaving, but now he has changed his opinion.

"It is bad to say that they wanted me to go, but I have already asked for forgiveness and I will continue giving everything to Levante," he explained.

"I think it is quite normal to be excited, though, when a club comes in and offers you such incredible amounts."