Alvaro - fraudulent bid by third party, Newcastle never interested.

Baggio

Searched my FM facepacks for his picture.  :razz:

That's him, right? ;D

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/559/alvarohc4.png

That does not end well for the photographer.

(That's him, aye.)

I still think we will get Barnes.

We made a verbal offer, i.e an enquiry. Thats what every club does before a formal offer and by that time we will know his valuation.

We made an offer. They turned it down. We're not going back for him.

We made a verbal offer, i.e an enquiry. Thats what every club does before a formal offer and by that time we will know his valuation.

the offer of 1.5m we made was piss, i have a tiny bit of hope remaining that we'll bed 3m and have him 2moro.....but god knows.

the offer of 1.5m we made was piss, i have a tiny bit of hope remaining that we'll bed 3m and have him 2moro.....but god knows.

Derby  County have told Newcastle United they will not get Giles Barnes on the cheap.

The Rams are waiting to see if the Magpies return with an improved offer for the 19-year-old before the transfer window closes at midnight tomorrow.

Newcastle's first bid, believed to be around £1.5m, was rejected.

A  verbal offer for Barnes was made to chief scout Bill Green on Monday - the day Derby's new American owners were being unveiled to the media.

“The offer was nowhere near our valuation of Giles Barnes,”  said manager Paul Jewell.

“When you see players move for £4m to £5m, what we would want for Giles is not unreasonable but I would be very  happy to keep him. He is a player of huge potential, so I don't see why we should let him go on the cheap.

“If Giles tells me he does not want to go to Newcastle or anywhere else, I will be very happy to hear that.

“If he tells me he wants to go because it looks like we are going to go down, I have to respect that and we won't stand in his way as long as it's right for the club.

“But he is not leaving on the cheap.”

Marca say he definitely isn't coming.

At least, I think that's what Babelfish is saying...

Alvaro will not finally go away to the Newcastle

Alvaro Luiz Maior, Brazilian defense of Levante, will remain finally in the Valencian club, after not to have made specific east Wednesday his crossing to the Newcastle, equipment that supposedly a supply had presented/displayed east Tuesday to take control of its services and that had been accepted by the player and the levantinista organization. According to they explained the spokesman of the advice of administration of Levante, Navarrese Javier, and the representative of the player, Masterful Salvador, still does not know with certainty the reasons by which the operation has been stopped and it speculates on itself whereupon there has been a problem with the intermediaries, and whereupon there was not even any supply of the English club, since neither the Newcastle nor the Birmingham, the other club that had showed its interest, have confirmed their intention to take control of the services of Alvaro. The player and the club a supply of the Newcastle received through the office of the representative Jorge Mendes to take control of the services of Alvaro, and it even affirmed yesterday that the soccer player would travel today to England to pass the medical examination. Nevertheless, throughout the day it has not been possible to make specific the crossing reason why the Brazilian defense remained in Levante, since today it concluded the term for the international crossings. "If Alvaro feels deceived, the club also", affirmed Navarrese, that in addition informed into which in the next hours, Levante will give new explanations of the happened one, "as soon as we resist the information which we have".

Thanks for the info Mr Mort...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=alvaro-on-his-way%26method=full%26objectid=20416508%26siteid=61634-name_page.html

Alvaro on his way?

Jan 31 2008

by Luke Edwards, The Journal

DESPITE claims from manager Kevin Keegan that he did not believe he would be able to add any players to his squad before the close of the transfer window tonight, Newcastle United could still land at least one new recruit.

Levante’s Brazilian-born centre-back Alvaro told the media in Spain on Tuesday that a proposed move to St James’s Park had collapsed, but the 30-year-old appeared to be more hopeful of a successful transfer last night.

The former Las Palmas and Real Zaragoza defender, who holds a Spanish passport, even suggested he was set to travel to Newcastle for a medical this morning and that he has already prepared himself for a new life in the Premier League.

That has not been confirmed by Newcastle, although sources in Spain are adamant a deal could be done before the midnight deadline.

Alvaro told reporters in Spain: “I will pass the medical tests and, if everything goes well, I will sign my new contract with Newcastle. I am very pleased with the opportunity to play in England. At other times, offers from the Premier League came up but were never finalised.

“Newcastle are an historic club and I am going to work to help them do everything they can. I know that they are not doing well in the table but, in both the last two years, I have been fighting with Levante to stay up so I am used to battling.”

Newcastle are also contemplating making an improved offer to Derby County for 19-year-old midfielder Giles Barnes. United had a verbal offer of £2m turned down at the start of the week, but The Journal understands an improved bid of £3m will be enough to persuade Derby manager Paul Jewell to allow the youngster to leave.

The Magpies are also tracking Czech Republic midfielder Lubos Kalouda. The 20-year-old plays for Czech outfit FC Brno and has been recommended by United’s Czech defender David Rozehnal.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=alvaro-on-his-way%26method=full%26objectid=20416508%26siteid=61634-name_page.html

Alvaro on his way?

Jan 31 2008

DESPITE claims from manager Kevin Keegan that he did not believe he would be able to add any players to his squad before the close of the transfer window tonight, Newcastle United could still land at least one new recruit.

Levante’s Brazilian-born centre-back Alvaro told the media in Spain on Tuesday that a proposed move to St James’s Park had collapsed, but the 30-year-old appeared to be more hopeful of a successful transfer last night.

The former Las Palmas and Real Zaragoza defender, who holds a Spanish passport, even suggested he was set to travel to Newcastle for a medical this morning and that he has already prepared himself for a new life in the Premier League.

That has not been confirmed by Newcastle, although sources in Spain are adamant a deal could be done before the midnight deadline.

Alvaro told reporters in Spain: “I will pass the medical tests and, if everything goes well, I will sign my new contract with Newcastle. I am very pleased with the opportunity to play in England. At other times, offers from the Premier League came up but were never finalised.

“Newcastle are an historic club and I am going to work to help them do everything they can. I know that they are not doing well in the table but, in both the last two years, I have been fighting with Levante to stay up so I am used to battling.”

Newcastle are also contemplating making an improved offer to Derby County for 19-year-old midfielder Giles Barnes. United had a verbal offer of £2m turned down at the start of the week, but The Journal understands an improved bid of £3m will be enough to persuade Derby manager Paul Jewell to allow the youngster to leave.

The Magpies are also tracking Czech Republic midfielder Lubos Kalouda. The 20-year-old plays for Czech outfit FC Brno and has been recommended by United’s Czech defender David Rozehnal.

Setantasports.com can reveal that Kevin Keegan is set to raid the market before the transfer deadline with a deal to bring Alvaro to Newcastle United.

Levante are willing to sell the player for €3 million (£2.22 million) and The Magpies have set up a transfer to bring the Brazilian to St James' Park.

The Spanish side are having financial problems and have decided to cash in on the 28-year-old centre back.

Keegan has not had long to stamp his influence on the squad on Tyneside after his sensational return to the club but he lost out to Tottenham in the race to sign Middlesbrough's Jonathan Woodgate.

The former Real Zaragoza stopper is good in the air and should help stiffen a Newcastle backline that has looked less than secure recently.

Alvaro is believed to be travelling to England in a bid to discuss personal terms and the move to the North East.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/29/Premier-League-Keegan-set-to-swoop/

So how old is he?

Guest johnson293

Alvaro on his way?

Jan 31 2008

Setantasports.com can reveal that Kevin Keegan is set to raid the market before the transfer deadline with a deal to bring Alvaro to Newcastle United.

Levante are willing to sell the player for €3 million (£2.22 million) and The Magpies have set up a transfer to bring the Brazilian to St James' Park.

The Spanish side are having financial problems and have decided to cash in on the 28-year-old centre back.

Keegan has not had long to stamp his influence on the squad on Tyneside after his sensational return to the club but he lost out to Tottenham in the race to sign Middlesbrough's Jonathan Woodgate.

The former Real Zaragoza stopper is good in the air and should help stiffen a Newcastle backline that has looked less than secure recently.

Alvaro is believed to be travelling to England in a bid to discuss personal terms and the move to the North East.

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/29/Premier-League-Keegan-set-to-swoop/

So how old is he?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81lvaro_Luiz_Maior_de_Aquino

"While in the Canary Islands, he was found guilty of forging a European Union passport"

Who knows? Whatever date he put on his dodgy passport??!!!  :frantic:

:D

I'm right though, as I've been about all of these deals in the last few weeks ;)

Is this poor fkers agent Willie Mckay ?

"I will pass the medical tests today and, if everything goes well, I will sign my new contract with Newcastle," confirmed Alvaro.

"I am very pleased with the opportunity to play in England.

"At other times, offers from The Premier League came up but were never finalised.

"Newcastle are an historic club and I am going to work to help them do everything they can.

"I know that they are not doing well in the table but, in both the last two years, I have been fighting with Levante to stay up so I am used to battling."

Guest johnson293

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/31/Premier-League-Levante-chairman-on-Alvaro--/

Thats that, case closed lets move on..

Can picture him sat at Newcastle Airport in his toon shirt wondering where his taxi to SJP is though....

Interesting.

Wonder who made the bid (at 6pm Tuesday), and who (as the report suggests) subsequently veto'ed it?

:D

I'm right though, as I've been about all of these deals in the last few weeks ;)

Its still nothing but guess work whether you end up right or not :)