Alvaro - fraudulent bid by third party, Newcastle never interested.

Baggio

Are we being tight again?

Not that I know anything about this player but for having a billionnaire owner we haven't exactly splashed the cash since MA arrived. Maybe I'm being too critical - he paid off most of our debts but if you compare our overall outlay to that of Man City, Spurs etc. it's pretty different.

Not that I know anything about this player but for having a billionnaire owner we haven't exactly splashed the cash since MA arrived. Maybe I'm being too critical - he paid off most of our debts but if you compare our overall outlay to that of Man City, Spurs etc. it's pretty different.

For half the window it wasn't his man in charge. For the rest it was a man out of football for three years. No real surprise to me.

Guest johnson293

For half the window it wasn't his man in charge. For the rest it was a man out of football for three years. No real surprise to me.

Aye, and in the summer window (under Allardyce) Ashley only took over the club half way through, and was probably more concerned at buying the club, and paying off debt.

I don't doubt that in the summer (providing things haven't gone totally tits-up), Ashley will be happy to back the management team to the hilt, for whichever players they want, regardless (to an extent) of the fees.

Without completely rubbishing the guy straight away because i've barely heard of him.

Is it not at all possible that this another one of the players identified by the new guys (in the management stucture).

I see it highley unlikey that KK will have a extensive knowledge on this guy, let alone decided he's the perfect guy to bring in. To me it seems far more likley that KK has asked one of the scouts to find him a good centre half to add to his squad for reasonabley low price and with plenty experiance.

I'm not saying he's going to be a superstar or anything but just because he's played for Levante doesn't automatically make him shite. In fact it means that he's played fro a shit team and used to the pressures of defending.

However, i'm sure he's absolutley shite.

Not that I know anything about this player but for having a billionnaire owner we haven't exactly splashed the cash since MA arrived. Maybe I'm being too critical - he paid off most of our debts but if you compare our overall outlay to that of Man City, Spurs etc. it's pretty

:kasper:

He bought the club and clared the debt.

it seems if we are to buy him then the price is the same that derby want for Barnes as i said earlier get him instead at least we may get some use out of him

I'm just texting your suggestion on to Kevin right now SUPERTOON, I'm sure he'll follow your instructions ney bother.

Hi! I'm Spanish, I am a Real Zaragoza supporter and a Newcastle fan, too. It's the first time that I post here, and I just wanna say that I think Alvaro is not the best defender in the World, of course, but actually I think he is better that Caçapa or Rozenhal. He had a great season his first year here in Zaragoza -he even scored some goals-, but though now he is far from his better, he could do it well if he is given confidence. Howay the lads!!

Hi! I'm Spanish, I am a Real Zaragoza supporter and a Newcastle fan, too. It's the first time that I post here, and I just wanna say that I think Alvaro is not the best defender in the World, of course, but actually I think he is better that Caçapa or Rozenhal. He had a great season his first year here in Zaragoza -he even scored some goals-, but though now he is far from his better, he could do it well if he is given confidence. Howay the lads!!

:D

Well he'd be hard pressed to find that around here at the moment

Welcome!

So is he quick? Is he strong? Is he smart?

Tell us more before people start throwing themselves under buses! You are our saviour we need you!

Guest johnson293

I may be wrong, but does the Chronic make any mention of this proposed deal today?

Couldn't see it in any of the articles (I read) online?

Strange that reports broke late yesterday afternoon, and AO hasn't even mentioned it, even to be 'wide of the mark' or owt?

A better translation:

Álvaro Fury As Levante Hold Up Newcastle Move 

Álvaro has claimed that he has to leave Levante immediately after the club looked to block his transfer to Newcastle United as they could not agree a compensation package.

The Brazilian defender has hit out at the Granota outfit for not allowing him to wrap up a dream move to the Premier League.

Having spoken to Newcastle, Álvaro was due in England to undergo a medical and sign for the club and last minute hold-up has upset him.

"I am very hurt. Only the club will know the reasons why they have done this," he stated.

"My head is no longer with Levante.

"I am hurt because I have had the offer to leave since January 21 and I do not understand why they have done this."

Álvaro then said that he believes that things will sort themselves out as there is still enough time to push the deal through before the transfer window closes.

"I hope that this can be resolved, because if not then there will be big problems," he added.

According to Levante, they have not sanctioned the switch as it could not be agreed how much they would have to pay him as he had not asked to leave.

Welcome!

Tell us more before people start throwing themselves under buses! You are our saviour we need you!

Oh thanks :blush: Well, I'll try to explain how is he, my English is not very good, especially with such a specific terminology like football one. He is a good defender, I think his best feature is that he is strong and he is very good at "high balls" (I don't know what are the correct words: he is good header). He also keeps his position well and he usually makes strong marks. Some people say that he was successful in Zaragoza because of Milito played by his side, but I think they did each a different work. The main problem for me is that he is bad playing the ball and can make "dangerous" passings or controls sometimes. Another problem is that he is a bit harsh, he used to get booked frequently.

So that's all I can tell you, I hope you can understand it :lol:

Welcome!

Oh thanks :blush: Well, I'll try to explain how is he, my English is not very good, especially with such a specific terminology like football one. He is a good defender, I think his best feature is that he is strong and he is very good at "high balls" (I don't know what are the correct words: he is good header). He also keeps his position well and he usually makes strong marks. Some people say that he was successful in Zaragoza because of Milito played by his side, but I think they did each a different work. The main problem for me is that he is bad playing the ball and can make "dangerous" passings or controls sometimes. Another problem is that he is a bit harsh, he used to get booked frequently.

Excellent, thanks.  :thup:

Don't worry your English is a lot better than some of the English guys on here  :lol:

Well, I really like how you've described him. Sounds like a tough cookie and that is certainly the type of defender who will do well in the premiership if any.

His touch and his passing sound just about up to premiership defenders standards too.  :laugh:

At the very least he already sounds better than Rozehnal i'll say that much.

Duno bout his control and passing like, rather worrying. What i would say is that La Liga is slightly better techncally anyway so he maybe ok over here.

The fact he's big and strong will set him in good stead but he sounds rather like Gooch TBH. Fine as a back up.

Welcome!

La Liga`s Titus Bramble? :(

Guest Erich von Manstein

seems maybe as backup to enrique, so we can use zoggy in attack where he is best.

N'Zogbia has looked genuine quality at left back for me this season bar a few positional errors.

Fair play to Allardyce imo for spotting this.