Ole Söderberg joins Molde FK

Flip

Swedish Stopper Set For Toon Bow

SWEDISH goalkeeper Ole Soderberg will make his Newcastle United debut when our under-18 side travel to Sheffield United on Saturday.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1236296,00.html

Ole Soderberg, Alex Patterson, Darren Lough, James Taylor, Matthew Grieve, Kieran Wrightson, James Marwood, Dan Leadbitter, Ryan Donaldson, Dan Neary, Michael McCrudden, Stewart Bath, Mark Cook, Bradden Inman, Samuel Ameobi

Little brother to the great Shola?

SWEDISH goalkeeper Ole Soderberg will make his Newcastle United debut when our under-18 side travel to Sheffield United on Saturday.

Ole Soderberg, Alex Patterson, Darren Lough, James Taylor, Matthew Grieve, Kieran Wrightson, James Marwood, Dan Leadbitter, Ryan Donaldson, Dan Neary, Michael McCrudden, Stewart Bath, Mark Cook, Bradden Inman, Samuel Ameobi

Well Shola's litte brother aye..

Well Shola's litte brother aye..

I missed the "Samuel Ameobi" thread completely:)

• 5 months later...
Guest MrSundlofer

Sorry for draging this up but...

I have had a chat with Ole Söderberg and he told me:

- Matthew Grieve is a good player.

- Before he joined Newcastle the only thing he knew was everyone here loved the club.

- All the first team players a very friendly.

- Dennis Wise was friendly and short...

- In 10 years he is the first team goalkeeper here.

Cheers!

Sorry for draging this up but...

I have had a chat with Ole Söderberg and he told me:

- Matthew Grieve is a good player.

- Before he joined Newcastle the only thing he knew was everyone here loved the club.

- All the first team players a very friendly.

- Dennis Wise was friendly and short...

- In 10 years he is the first team goalkeeper here.

Cheers!

:lol:

Guest MrSundlofer

Who is Matthew Grieve?

Isn't he about 17? How much ambition does he have if he is willing to wait until he is 27 until he is first choice!? Another Harper tbh! :razz:

Matthew Grieve. born 1990, central defender for the club.

No, I asked him what he is doing in 10 years. Answer: First team goalkeeper at Newcastle.

Guest Heneage

Who is Matthew Grieve?

Isn't he about 17? How much ambition does he have if he is willing to wait until he is 27 until he is first choice!? Another Harper tbh! :razz:

Matthew Grieve. born 1990, central defender for the club.

No, I asked him what he is doing in 10 years. Answer: First team goalkeeper at Newcastle.

How you know Ole? Canny lad isnt he, always been friendly.

• 6 months later...

Seriously though, I hear good things about this guy.

Part of me thinks that with him, Forster and Krul we're pretty well set for the future keeper-wise (still can get a few years out of Harper too). But then I think that might just be wanting them to be as good as I lead myself to believe. I don't see much of them play obviously so I just go on what I hear and read.

Seriously though, I hear good things about this guy.

Part of me thinks that with him, Forster and Krul we're pretty well set for the future keeper-wise (still can get a few years out of Harper too). But then I think that might just be wanting them to be as good as I lead myself to believe. I don't see much of them play obviously so I just go on what I hear and read.

I haven't seen Ole, but from what I've seen of Krul and Forster, we have two very good back up keepers who I would be quite confident to throw in at the deep end if Harper was injured. This is why i wasn't sorry to see given go considering he was unsettled, 33 yrs old and replaceable.

• 2 years later...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/internationell/proffsintervjun/article14367419.ab

Nice article with him in the swedish sport paper Sportbladet, where he also confirms that he will leave in the summer.

Short summery for you who can´t swedish or don´t want to google translate it :frantic:

*He says that he very much indeed has enjoyed his time here. That the city is great, even though the weather may not have been.

*He thinks that PL is the best league in the world and that you makes very good money here... (he also seems content to stay in England).

*He says that he and the players like Ashley and that he´s a nice guy.

* It was hard to see Barton leave because he was a good player and a a great team player. But that it´s much  calmer now when he left, as it has been since Carroll left too because apparently he wasn´t afraid to pick his fights...

*He also has a stick at Liverpool ala "It feels like it. As soon as someone gets good here, they buy him" at the following up question of what he thinks of Ba: "Ba scores tons of goals here and if it continues then Liverpool probably will buy him.

*He also says that him and Cissé is starting to be really big stars here.