Newcastle v Middlesbrough Sun 3rd Feb @ 13:30

Skirge

Given

Carr Cacapa Taylor

Milner Barton Emre Charlie Duff

Viduka ?  Owen

2-0 to the lads...i'd play Enrique if fit and drop Barton or Emre and go into a 4-4-2 instead of the Christmas tree formation

He could go down the wing back route..

-------------------Given

--------Taylor---Cacapa----Roze

Milner------------------------------Zoggy

-------Barton-----Emre-------Duff

-----------Owen---------Viduka

BENCH

Harper

Carr

Butt

Lua Lua

Smith

Do you know what, I really like that formation except I'd swop Duff and Zoggy around. It looks really mobile and I'm sure we'd create a shed load of chances.

Guest Micktoon

Coming home for this one 280 on flights, 100 on car hire, 60 on the ticket, bundles on alcohol. The bar stewards better win!!!!

I don't think we're in a relegation battle, but if we don't win on Sunday, with the games we have coming up we're right in one.

It's such a crucial game.

Given

Carr          Taylor          Cacapa      Enrique

Duff          Barton        Emre          N'Zogbia

Owen          Viduka

Harper, Rozehnal, Smith, Butt, Milner

And we'll actually have people on the bench to choose from

Guest STaylor87

Fans inside the ground have got to give it absolutely everything to get behind the team

Agreed!

We MUST get behind the team on Sunday.

Very big game for us.

Agreed!

We MUST get behind the team on Sunday.

Very big game for us.

We will

If the weather doesn't get the game called off, we all know what boro are like.  They may claim they cant travel in such bad conditions.  :angry:

This has all the hallmarks of a draw - they will undoubtedly battle hard and as we saw when they played Arsenal, they are NOT a bad side on their day ; their morale will CERTAINLY be better than NUFCs as they have just come off the back of a crucial league win and beating a lower div side away in the Cup.

The rumblings about N'Zogbia & Spurs in the media will not help team morale at SJP either, nor will all the off-field changes which are bound to have been subject of speculation among the players....

This is possibly the toughest Tyne-Tees match at SJP for some time and it is going to take a mighty effort by the team to get a positive result when only a win is satisfactory.

If the scoreline is blank and they score with less than 40 mins to go, I fear for our chances, but hope for the best.

I must say - you lot are quite chipper given the form of both teams - we're unbeaten in 5 in all comps (3 wins, 2 draws) and unbeaten away from home since Boxing Day.

You haven't beaten us at SJP since 2004 (and you were lucky that day too).

A new £10m striker making his debut next to Aliadiere who may be finding form with Mido on the bench. Wullie was gracious and correct when he pointed out that we're making a lot of chances, we just don't have anybody to take them. Well we might now.

That said, this is always tricky and we tend to be the boys who kick start other peoples seasons so I'm going for 1-1

We'll most likely be

Schwarzer

Young  Wheater  Huth  Pogatetz

O'Neill  Arca  Rochemback  Downing (if fit - Johnson if not)

Aliadiere  Alves

Subs - Turnbull, Riggott, Boateng, Mido, AN OTHER.

For the record - you won't go down. 7 points on Wigan and Birmingham will be enough and if it isn't then you'd deserve to go down!