Do People Like Milner?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are we actually saying that Milner has the ability to dominate the midfiled? If not, then he shouldnt be there full stop.

Barton > Milner

Barton > Milner > Emre > Butt

Milner > Emre?

Milner > Butt?

In the centre of midfield, how do you know?

I'm better than Emre and Butt tbh

Butt's been our best player last two games.

Milner's not good enough, he's slow and has no redeeming features unlike nobby.

Can't believe that comment. As difficult as it is to select a 'best' player from those games, i think Butt was absolutely terrible. Didn't protect the defense, abysmal distribution to the wings, and couldn't pass the ball more than ten yards.

I'm really worried about Butt personally. :undecided:  He started the season relatively well, but he's as inconsistent as fuck. He's looked awful every time i've seen him away from home.

Are we actually saying that Milner has the ability to dominate the midfiled? If not, then he shouldnt be there full stop.

Barton > Milner

Barton > Milner > Emre > Butt

Milner > Emre?

Milner > Butt?

In the centre of midfield, how do you know?

I'm better than Emre and Butt tbh

Butt's been our best player last two games.

Milner's not good enough, he's slow and has no redeeming features unlike nobby.

Can't believe that comment. As difficult as it is to select a 'best' player from those games, i think Butt was absolutely terrible. Didn't protect the defense, abysmal distribution to the wings, and couldn't pass the ball more than ten yards.

I'm really worried about Butt personally. :undecided:  He started the season relatively well, but he's as inconsistent as fuck. He's looked awful every time i've seen him away from home.

Between Taylor and Butt imo. Butt was excellent at breaking up the little triangles Arsenal were trying round us, was quick and clean into the challenge and rarely loses the ball (whilst in his possesion) His attempts at cross field balls though as you say are shocking. He should keep it simple. But then a lot there is no simple outlet apart from backwards so he's forced to try longer more hopefull balls. A few came off, I'll give him the fact he tries to play balls to get us into decent positions cos noone else does. But his execution is shit.

That's why Emre & Butt is a good partnership because Emre is deep and demands the ball when Butt wins it, meaning he doesn't have to try a hollywood ball all the time.

There is no way on earth that he is a centre midfielder...

Why not? His good work ethic, passing and technical are put to much better use there than on the wing.

His passing accuracy is the lowest in the squad according to the opta stat thingy in the telegraph

Because he's passing from the wing you tool.

Taylor with his 80%+ accuracy pass rate should be up front eh?

As for the Milner through the middle stuff, it's worth a try but I'm not so sure if he can do it.

He was played just off the striker a few times under Roeder and he just ended up drifting wide all game. We were essentially playing with one striker and one extra winger on the left side.

As a pure CM though ... maybe, but I doubt it. Simply because he has such a bad habit of losing the ball by dribbling straight into people. I'm not sure he's savvy enough, or subtle enough. Doesn't pass and move enough for me. I just can't quite see it in him.

If anything I see him as a right back. He has the work rate to do a good job defensively as well as join attacks, and he would have more success attacking from deep and going up against the oppositions wingers rather than full backs.

How can one go downhill when they were never uphill in the first place.

Doesn't even know what a hill looks like by all accounts.

He has done more in his career than wonderboy Routledge.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3751/bitterass05webil2.jpg

I just can't see him being any good in the middle either. Don't know attributes he has that makes people think that. He's not quick, nothing special vision/creative wise, can't head it, isn't that strong, not great at tackling either. Obv other things like reading of the game can only be judged when he's in the centre but something just makes me think...nah.

As for the Milner through the middle stuff, it's worth a try but I'm not so sure if he can do it.

He was played just off the striker a few times under Roeder and he just ended up drifting wide all game. We were essentially playing with one striker and one extra winger on the left side.

As a pure CM though ... maybe, but I doubt it. Simply because he has such a bad habit of losing the ball by dribbling straight into people. I'm not sure he's savvy enough, or subtle enough. Doesn't pass and move enough for me. I just can't quite see it in him.

If anything I see him as a right back. He has the work rate to do a good job defensively as well as join attacks, and he would have more success attacking from deep and going up against the oppositions wingers rather than full backs.

Because he's been shoe horned into a winger position that's why he hasn't the education through the middle, right back, have a fuking word eh?

How can one go downhill when they were never uphill in the first place.

Doesn't even know what a hill looks like by all accounts.

He has done more in his career than wonderboy Routledge.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3751/bitterass05webil2.jpg

There be great truth in that beer.

Always been a fan of Milner's, although recently Ive gone off him. His crossing is pretty poor, and he has actually looked better on the LW.

I think Milner could be good enough if we had a good attacking CM too, but right now we rely too heavily on him and he just aint up to the job. The fact our strikers get zero chances shows the service is lacking. Yup players like Young, Bentley, Petrov have better stats, but they are in better teams. I like Zoggy as much as any of them, but his stats wouldnt be much better if he'd played LW all season in our team.

Always been a fan of Milner's, although recently Ive gone off him. His crossing is pretty poor, and he has actually looked better on the LW.

I think Milner could be good enough if we had a good attacking CM too, but right now we rely too heavily on him and he just aint up to the job. The fact our strikers get zero chances shows the service is lacking. Yup players like Young, Bentley, Petrov have better stats, but they are in better teams. I like Zoggy as much as any of them, but his stats wouldnt be much better if he'd played LW all season in our team.

Has Milner got an assist in the league since his cross for Martins goal against Bolton on the first game of the season?

Blaming the team for him not creating anything is bollocks, his crossing being terrible is closer to the truth.

Has Milner got an assist in the league since his cross for Martins goal against Bolton on the first game of the season?

Blaming the team for him not creating anything is bollocks, his crossing being terrible is closer to the truth.

He is young and will only get better....etc

He has been piss poor all season. Works hard, I'll give him that. End product? Shit.

not in the league no, and even that one shows his poor crossing technique as martins has to twist round and basically invent the goal himself with a piece of skill.