Jeff Stelling

NE5

The guy is a legend...

I met him in Baja a few years ago, he'd been up doing some work.  He was wearing his suit just like on TV!  Im not sure he has any other clothes...

We had a quick conversation about how well Newcastle were going to do with Dalgleish at the helm... he doesn't always get it right but a top bloke!

Guest float one in

His tirade when Boro was voted the worst place to live was brilliant, Kamara is a legend too.

My girlfriend often spots Kamara rifling through the discount bucket that they put out in Sainsburys just before they close, with all the stuff that's about to go past the sell by dates, when she's doing the same.

Just thought I'd add that.

His tirade when Boro was voted the worst place to live was brilliant, Kamara is a legend too.

My girlfriend often spots Kamara rifling through the discount bucket that they put out in Sainsburys just before they close, with all the stuff that's about to go past the sell by dates, when she's doing the same.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Guest float one in

UNBELIEVABLE!

:lol:

Stelling's the greatest man alive, but only because he knows his limitations. He's a host, not a pundit. If he started talking about stuff he had no idea about, then we'd hate the fella. But he doesn't. He does his job and he does it to an amazing standard. If the pundits did their jobs to the same level, Soccer Saturday would be the finest TV programme in history.

Guest toonlass

He is unpretentious, unlike the "pundits". Phil Thompson has to be the worst on Sky, and that bloody arse Lawrenson for BBC. I hate Mark Lawrenson with a passion, more than anyone else alive, even Osama Bin Laden.  :tickedoff:

Stelling's the greatest man alive, but only because he knows his limitations. He's a host, not a pundit. If he started talking about stuff he had no idea about, then we'd hate the fella. But he doesn't. He does his job and he does it to an amazing standard. If the pundits did their jobs to the same level, Soccer Saturday would be the finest TV programme in history.

funnily enough he looks out of his element when he is matchday host at one of the grounds. he seems to thrive when the shit is hitting the fan, there's a million goals gone in at once, bignose is screaming in the background and merson is snorting coke along the desk. he brings it all together with a little wink or cheeky segue. when there's less time for banter like at HT in a game and he has to be reflective, it just looks like he is underused and itching to slap someone across the face.

richard keys tho suits the calm, be seen and not heard approach of matchday but would probably have a heart attack if he did Stelling's job. horses for courses innit.

Spot on. I fucking love the man, he's superb. I'm also a fan of Kammy, genuine legend.

Spot on. I f****** love the man, he's superb. I'm also a fan of Kammy, genuine legend.

Agree completely. His hosting skills make the show.