Nicky Butt your time is up

TRon

He's like one of those drunks you see in clubs that just stand on the dancefloor pissed.

:lol:

Why oh why did we offer this clown a new deal? He'll sign it.

He's allowed one when he's played so many games I thought.

Butt like others is still in negotiations with the club

JOE KINNEAR is still waiting for an answer from goalkeeper Steve Harper over the contract he offered him last month.

Kinnear who is also waiting to hear from Nicky Butt and Shola Ameobi over contract offers said today: They are all still negotiating with executive director (football) Dennis Wise.

They have had two or three meetings this week.

They have come back and suggested a certain figure and now its just a case of meeting each other half-way down the line to sort things out.

But I know there is a discrepancy as far as wages are concerned.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/01/03/joe-kinnear-sweating-on-steve-harper-contract-72703-22597900/

If our summer signing has nothing to do with the dwarf as I believe so...surely he's good enough to understand that Butt isn't just good enough anymore...if he ever was! And I think he won't be offered such a good deal what he's getting now(50K a week I guess) so hopefully Nicky still has bit of a merchenary left in him to leave for a better deal elsewhere!

The depressing thing is Geremi will probably be total w*** against West Ham and instead of grabbing his place Butt will be brought straight back.

We did OK against Stoke without Butt until Kinnear changed the team around because of having to make 1 change.

It seems to me his fitness has gone. There is the odd game where he plays really well but thats probably when he has had a long rest or his fitness is just good at the time. He should only be cover in that position and it's hurting the team.

Exactly how I feel. He's not shit, his legs have just gone imo.

In all fairness, his legs were failing when he got released by Man U centuries ago. Fergie's probably built and dismantled two league champion sides since then while we continue to con ourselves that we have a team full of international players when most of them are shells of the players they used to be.

It seems to me his fitness has gone. There is the odd game where he plays really well but thats probably when he has had a long rest or his fitness is just good at the time. He should only be cover in that position and it's hurting the team.

In all fairness, his legs were failing when he got released by Man U centuries ago. Fergie's probably built and dismantled two league champion sides since then while we continue to con ourselves that we have a team full of international players when most of them are shells of the players they used to be.

Butt

Smith

Geremi

Duff

Carr.........

Butt

Smith

Geremi

Duff

Carr.........

You could add Cacapa and Kluivert to that list. We were also looking to sign that Brazilian crock (Edmilson?) during Fat Sam's time here.

As far as Nicky Butt is concerned, there were rumours he was signed above SBR's head at the time. Bobby was building a young and dynamic side for the future so I guess he didn't want a fellow CL team's rejects at the time.

Quite sad the direction we have taken since.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toonlass

butts finnish to old to slow !! let him go at the end of the season along with viduka etc!

Don't think he's ever been to Finland tbf!

I find it absolutely amazing that he's been picked whenever fit for the last 2 seasons, as big a case of reputation before effectiveness as i've ever seen in football. Keegan should have been the man to get rid of him but didn't, Allardyce at least understood this and brought in Barton and Geremi

I find it absolutely amazing that he's been picked whenever fit for the last 2 seasons, as big a case of reputation before effectiveness as i've ever seen in football. Keegan should have been the man to get rid of him but didn't, Allardyce at least understood this and brought in Barton and Geremi

Even though Keegan wanted a central midfielder? As well as bringing in Guthrie.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/stevewilson/2009/05/my_teams_of_the_season.html

We've had one good player this season and it's Nicky Butt - according to Match of the Day commentator Steve Wilson.

"Butt has been tidy, consistent and effective."

When is everyone that is involed with football gonna take off their Man Utd tinted specs that still sees the Butt of 1999, not 2009.  Ridiculous.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/stevewilson/2009/05/my_teams_of_the_season.html

We've had one good player this season and it's Nicky Butt - according to Match of the Day commentator Steve Wilson.

"Butt has been tidy, consistent and effective."

When is everyone that is involed with football gonna take off their Man Utd tinted specs that still sees the Butt of 1999, not 2009.  Ridiculous.

All the media seem to think this. Drives me f***ing insane.  :angry:

To be fair he's old and slow but he hasn't been any worse than any of our other midfielders last few games. It seems pointles singling him out at this stage.