Nicky Butt your time is up

TRon

If Middlesborough's midfielders are too strong and fast for Butt to keep pace, he is liable to be destroyed by Man U and Villa. Get Faye in there till the Summer then we need a quality holding midfielder.

Happy to see you're still not doling out lectures on why it would have been silly to buy in the Jan window.

I didn't lecture anybody, just said that we shouldn't buy unless we can get the right players. No point in buying Robbie Savage to replace Butt is there?

Nobody mentioned Savage.

FOI it is alaways difficult to get good players, you have to show ambition and make financial commitments. You make it even moredifficult for yourself if you finish 4th bottom of the league or infact get relegated. KK himself said we could have had 4/5 players, clearly it's his call. But IMO we really should have tried for an alterneate central midfielder...Time will tell.

I think if Redknapp had taken the job, Diarra would have come here,  but even as Keegan was being installed, he was signing for Portsmouth. It's clearly a position that needs to be strengthened but we need real quality in there, if Keegan doesn't try and sign someone in the summer it'll be fair to criticise. For the moment, we will need to get Faye in there against the better teams. I know we could do with him in defence, but we'll get over-run in midfield otherwise.

In our next game I would like to see Emre and Barton as CM's. It maybe a bit lightweight but even so it would be better than one of those with Butt. His time is up now, at least in the past he had a little bit of pace and used to be really strong in the tackle, now he seems powder puff.

Emre is nothingness personified.

Does absolutely nothing.

Didn't make himself available for the ball and when he did happen upon it did nothing with it.

Any team that loses to us really should feel ashamed. We are so so terrible.

Why Keegan keeps talking about our talented team is beyond me. He really has to stop with that stuff.

Emre was just as bad if not worse.

Fact is central midfield is appaling collectively.

Emre just doesn't have the legs to cover enough ground. In possession he made much better use of the ball. The central midfield is the weak are of the team by a long way. No pace, no athleticism.

I think there might be a little truth in the rumour about Carrick actually. Keegan said there will be exciting times ahead, talking about the summer and by that players coming in. And leaving for that matter.

Carrick. Bentley. Garay.  Berbatov?

Carr, Butt, Smith, Viduka, Ameobi, Rozenhal (already out on loan) can leave.

A couple of good, up and coming youngsters to be signed aswell. A cover for Beye and Enrique, Carrick the new holding midfielder along with maybe Emre or Barton in the middle. Garay and Taylor at the centre of defence, and Berbatov alongside Owen or Martins as strikers. Bentley bombing down the right hand side with Nzogbia or Duff on the left flank.

Given

Beye/New RB      Garay/Cacapa        Taylor/Edgar?           Enrique/New LB

Carrick/Faye

Bentley/Milner                                   Barton/Emre               N'Zogbia/Duff

Berbatov/Zamblera? Carroll?   

Owen/Martins

One can dream, right? 

Does absolutely nothing.

Didn't make himself available for the ball and when he did happen upon it did nothing with it.

Why Keegan keeps talking about our talented team is beyond me. He really has to stop with that stuff.

emre set up two goals today, one wrongly disallowed. notice how much better we retained possession with him on the pitch too.

If Middlesborough's midfielders are too strong and fast for Butt to keep pace, he is liable to be destroyed by Man U and Villa. Get Faye in there till the Summer then we need a quality holding midfielder.

Happy to see you're still not doling out lectures on why it would have been silly to buy in the Jan window.

I didn't lecture anybody, just said that we shouldn't buy unless we can get the right players. No point in buying Robbie Savage to replace Butt is there?

Nobody mentioned Savage.

FOI it is alaways difficult to get good players, you have to show ambition and make financial commitments. You make it even moredifficult for yourself if you finish 4th bottom of the league or infact get relegated. KK himself said we could have had 4/5 players, clearly it's his call. But IMO we really should have tried for an alterneate central midfielder...Time will tell.

I think if Redknapp had taken the job, Diarra would have come here,  but even as Keegan was being installed, he was signing for Portsmouth. It's clearly a position that needs to be strengthened but we need real quality in there, if Keegan doesn't try and sign someone in the summer it'll be fair to criticise. For the moment, we will need to get Faye in there against the better teams. I know we could do with him in defence, but we'll get over-run in midfield otherwise.

You make a good point with Diarra. We should have nailed him.

Does absolutely nothing.

whats he supposed to say. "I got a team full of dogshite" every manager will talk up their team, Allardyce got slammed when he heavily criticised the players earlier this season. I am sure he knows that we are a bit crap at the moment and that he needs a number of quality signings this summer.

Guest criminalz

Emre is not a defensive midfielder. Lets be fair to him. In the shitty midfield we have, he is a breath of fresh air.

Butt is plain useless, sad though, so much was expected of him. His distribution is aweful to say the least. almost everyball that he pass is to a opposing player.

Nobody mentioned Savage.

The most painful thing that we lost out on him. Especially having seen a good bit of him this season.

Funny thing is though, there were actually some idiots saying he wouldn't improve us as he couldn't get into the Arsenal team and we ought to stop buying the top 4's cast offs.

Unbelievably infuriating.

Emre's fucking useless. There's no doubt in my mind our first choice pairing should be Faye and Barton.

Not a bad shout. At least those two wouldn't get over-run by bigger, faster players. Barton's a bit slow, but he does have some class touches.

Nobody mentioned Savage.

The most painful thing that we lost out on him. Especially having seen a good bit of him this season.

Funny thing is though, there were actually some idiots saying he wouldn't improve us as he couldn't get into the Arsenal team and we ought to stop buying the top 4's cast offs.

Unbelievably infuriating.

This unit needs massive re-investment which will hopefully happen in the summer, but what it also could have done with was a freshen up/ alternatives from the Jan window. A game like today is a v good example what if we had started with Diarra instead of Butt?  And what if there was a choice from the bench other than Milner when the game started going against us...? KK has a point about buying exactly who he wants and I support him on that. But I will say he is completely wrong if he thinks it is hard to find players who can improve/freshen up this lot.

never rated Butt, i can't stand the vertical line that his fair forms at the back.

of course, it's not only him.. our midfield needs a complete revamp.. i'd be over the moon if we sell Butt, Geremi, Emre, Barton, Smith, Milner and Duff in the summer.. and spend all the cash on 3 or 4 new midfielders.