Nicky Butt your time is up

TRon

Butt and Smith seem undroppable whenever their fit, kinda pisses you off considring that neither are anywhere near premiership standerd, play Barton-Emre in the midfield and let Butt play with the reserves for the next of the season.

Thanks to Fat Sam, Butt extended his contract by a year, Sam deserved to be sacked for that one decision alone. Stevie Wonder could see that Butt's been past it all season, he's a liability and shouldn't play for us again.

Not only was it a years contract, but with the option of a second year. Obviously Sam didn't foresee us buying anyone better than him in the next couple of seasons.

While we're at it lets be honest, hypothetically if you could rebuild the team in one transfer window who would you actually hold on to? N'Zogbia. possibly Enrique, Given and at a push Taylor? The rest could hit the road for me...

Given out too.

He is the worst kicker of the ball on planet Earth.

Keep Charlie Beye and Faye, sling the rest

Guest ToonGeneral

The whole of the centre midfield should go apart from Barton. He is the only box-to-box player we have and thats essential in any team in the modern game.

The whole of the centre midfield should go apart from Barton. He is the only box-to-box player we have and thats essential in any team in the modern game.

After today, I once again have hope in Barton. He looked a bit shit when he came back from his injury, but now he really looks up for it. Might be a bit too slow, but he showed some great vision and touches. His pass for Viduka late on today was class, as was the run and pass to Owens mishit.

After today, I once again have hope in Barton. He looked a bit s*** when he came back from his injury, but now he really looks up for it. Might be a bit too slow, but he showed some great vision and touches. His pass for Viduka late on today was class, as was the run and pass to Owens mishit.

Agree he looked better the longer the game went on and he give the ball away a couple of time but hey who didnt .Emre was shit again imho and he will not be the playmaker we desperatly need so roll on the summer and KK can get his wad of cash out and hopefully find one .OOPS forgot this thread was about wor Nicky  :-[ he was pants today and seems to be suffering like a few others .

Butt and Smith seem undroppable whenever their fit, kinda pisses you off considring that neither are anywhere near premiership standerd, play Barton-Emre in the midfield and let Butt play with the reserves for the next of the season.

Thanks to Fat Sam, Butt extended his contract by a year, Sam deserved to be sacked for that one decision alone. Stevie Wonder could see that Butt's been past it all season, he's a liability and shouldn't play for us again.

Not only was it a years contract, but with the option of a second year. Obviously Sam didn't foresee us buying anyone better than him in the next couple of seasons.

Didn't realise he'd got an option on a second year. Fat Sam should have been sacked twice useless twat!

Carrick would be an immense replacement, although right now I'd play a lot of people before Butt that are already here. Stick Geremi back in there, hes nowhere near as bad as people have made him out to be.

Butt was poor today. Distribution was just dreadful and way poorer than I would expect a bloke of his experience to be.

Am trying to think though... if he hadnt of started, who else could have taken his place ?

Barton/Milner.

Butt was poor today. Distribution was just dreadful and way poorer than I would expect a bloke of his experience to be.

Am trying to think though... if he hadnt of started, who else could have taken his place ?

Barton Emre in the middle, Milner down the wing.

Barton Emre in the middle, Milner down the wing.

But most people on this board wanted Milner dropped.

Butts inclusion just highlights the thinness of our squad

The fact he's gotten himself more bookings than Alan Smith this season says something about his tackling. It used to be good, but he must have lost a yard of pace and is therefore far too often late in and a good tackle then becomes a horrible one.

we need a carrick-type who can play as a defensive midfielder but also start off our attacks and dictate tempo. it should come as no suprise that butt has been poor this season, this is the same player who was a part of the birmingham team that got relegated and he's only gotten worse since then. it is yet another major position for which we have to go out and buy a player in the summer. pity we didnt get one or two transfers out of the way in January as we'll have to do everything at once this summer, or failing that end up with partial and inadequate rebuilding.

We could have got Carrick instead of Butt but Wor Freddy offered a derisory sum and he went to Spurs instead.

Guest battyleespeed

Today Barton was far worse than Butt. Granted Barton is better going forward and shows some sublime skills from time to time but over the 90min Butt is still more effective player for me. I was annoyed with Butts long passes as well but our other players fail to get them right as well. We havent got the movement and confidence on the ball as a team to be able to produce fluid passing game as it is. Smith and Owen were tightly marked at the center so for lack of other options we tried to spread the play wide and behind their midfield and fullbacks. There wasnt any space in the middle.

It was the same thing with Speed for people slagging him for his poor passing and age but everytime he was out for extended period of time we looked even worse in midfield.  I cant see Barton having the qualities to actually hold the midfield whereas Butt is doing fairly well despite his age and players surrounding him. Out of current central midfielders Barton, Geremi, Smith and Emre I'd put Butt's name first in the teamsheet for lack of better options. At least he is positioning himself right and playing relatively effectively what I wouldnt say about the others. Emre is good but he is a hothead and a risky proposition defensively.

Today Barton was far worse than Butt. Granted Barton is better going forward and shows some sublime skills from time to time but over the 90min Butt is still more effective player for me. I was annoyed with Butts long passes as well but our other players fail to get them right as well. We havent got the movement and confidence on the ball as a team to be able to produce fluid passing game as it is. Smith and Owen were tightly marked at the center so for lack of other options we tried to spread the play wide and behind their midfield and fullbacks. There wasnt any space in the middle.

It was the same thing with Speed for people slagging him for his poor passing and age but everytime he was out for extended period of time we looked even worse in midfield.  I cant see Barton having the qualities to actually hold the midfield whereas Butt is doing fairly well despite his age and players surrounding him. Out of current central midfielders Barton, Geremi, Smith and Emre I'd put Butt's name first in the teamsheet for lack of better options. At least he is positioning himself right and playing relatively effectively what I wouldnt say about the others. Emre is good but he is a hothead and a risky proposition defensively.

I missed out on the first 20 odd minutes of the second half, but I don't remember watching anything like that. Butt was invisible for most of the game for me, but stuck out like a sore fucking thumb when he had the ball. Barton wasn't great either, gave away the ball nearly as often and how many times was he caught in possession? Hope to see him improve on that as his fitness returns, though.

Emre would be the first name on the teamsheet for me, being the only player in our side capable of hitting the ball over 10 yards without giving it back to the opposition.

He was fucking infuriating yesterday, especially towards the end when he kept giving the ball away with his "lean back and try to dink it 50-yards over the top" passes (he does about 5 a game, and I am yet to see one work) when we needed to keep possession. Expected better from such an experienced player and he was more responsible than anyone else for them being allowed to keep pressuring us.

Shouldn't be a first choice player if Barton/Emre are both fit for selection and hopefully he won't be after that performance yesterday.

I don't like the bloke as it is, but he was utter gash...