Nigel Pearson is the new Coven...SOUTHAMPTON MANAGER

Nate

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Newcastle united number 2 - Adam Sadler (.com)

Isn't that a bit risky? I thought he was only 28. He must be something special to get all the players respect at such a young age.

what has this sadler guy done to move up so quickly? i thought he was only youth goalkeeper coach at first, then first team goalkeepers, then reserve team and now assistant manager???

so please, enlighten me...

what has this sadler guy done to move up so quickly? i thought he was only youth goalkeeper coach at first, then first team goalkeepers, then reserve team and now assistant manager???

Maybe he is good at his job?

Cryptic from KK:

Keegan Confirms Pearson Departure

KEVIN Keegan has confirmed that Nigel Pearson has parted company with Newcastle United.

The 44-year-old told the Magpie boss on Thursday of his decision to leave the club having joined as Glenn Roeder's assistant in October, 2006.

And, speaking after Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Aston Villa, Keegan explained: "Nigel came to me the day before yesterday and said I want to go.

"I asked him for a reason but never really got one.

"I said 'is it me?' and he said definitely not. I asked if it was someone else around the club and he said no.

"But he was very honest and said 'I want to go'.

"I asked him to think about it but he came in yesterday and said he had made his mind up, he'd talked about it with friends and wanted to go.

"I don't think there was any doubt we were working closely but you have to respect his decision.

"I like Nigel Pearson very much, he's a good coach and I wish him good luck in the future."

Guest michaelfoster

I dont think he is assistant manager, i think he will just be coaching the first team.

IIRC he started off coaching the u18 keepers then after Roy Tunks left with Souness he got promoted to first team keeper coach for a while, he then decided to concentrate on coaching outfield rather than goalkeepers when Roeder? brought in Terry Gennoe then he started coaching the reserves then got promoted to Reserve Team Manager now first team coach.

Cryptic from KK:

KEVIN Keegan has confirmed that Nigel Pearson has parted company with Newcastle United.

The 44-year-old told the Magpie boss on Thursday of his decision to leave the club having joined as Glenn Roeder's assistant in October, 2006.

And, speaking after Saturday's 4-1 defeat at Aston Villa, Keegan explained: "Nigel came to me the day before yesterday and said I want to go.

"I said 'is it me?' and he said definitely not. I asked if it was someone else around the club and he said no.

"I asked him to think about it but he came in yesterday and said he had made his mind up, he'd talked about it with friends and wanted to go.

"I don't think there was any doubt we were working closely but you have to respect his decision.

"I like Nigel Pearson very much, he's a good coach and I wish him good luck in the future."

Along with the N'Zogbia admission, I'm surprised that this news has been announced in such a way.

I dont think he is assistant manager, i think he will just be coaching the first team.

IIRC he started off coaching the u18 keepers then after Roy Tunks left with Souness he got promoted to first team keeper coach for a while, he then decided to concentrate on coaching outfield rather than goalkeepers when Roeder? brought in Terry Gennoe then he started coaching the reserves then got promoted to Reserve Team Manager now first team coach.

With all the backroom comings and goings amongst the coaching staff it's little surprise that those who survive get promoted quickly.

I remember Lee Clark changing from part-time coach to having an influential role beside Roeder indeed being lured away from the Toon by Roeder - maybe the cream rises to the top...?

Cryptic from KK:

I don't like the sound of that. It sounds like the reason was Keegan. I reckon that McDermott and Cox now have the boss's ear, and Pearson was feeling marginalised.