So what is our strongest starting 11?

Tsunami

KK inherited BS's squad, couldn't get his Jan transfer targets & had players missing at the cup of nations. Let's say they are all back & fit, who should he pick? This may not be the most talented but what we've seen so far the side lacks passion, motivation, creativity, height or speed.

I'd go for Given, Beye, Taylor, Faye, Enrique, Milner, Barton, Emre, N'Zogbia, Martins, Shola (yes Shola) as my starting 11. Butt, Duff, Owen, Carr, Viduka just haven't done it. Zog is more of a danger than Duff, Martins has more in his locker than Owen & we need some height up top & unfortunately I can not see Viduka lasting 60 minutes. Bring him on with 30 to go.

I should also say that I don't think this starting 11 is anywhere near good enough...............

Given/Harper (dosn't really make a diffrence)

Beye    Taylor  Faye  Enrique

Milner  Barton  Emre  N'Zogbia

Viduka  Owen

Subs:

Given/Harper

Cacapa

Duff

Martins

Shola

Simple..

Beye     Taylor   Faye  Enrique

Milner   Barton   Emre   N'Zogbia

Viduka   Owen

Subs:

Given/Harper

Cacapa

Duff

Martins

Shola

Simple..

You have to start Martins, that strike force offers no movement or pace.

Beye     Taylor   Faye  Enrique

Milner   Barton   Emre   N'Zogbia

Viduka   Owen

Subs:

Given/Harper

Cacapa

Duff

Martins

Shola

Simple..

You have to start Martins, that strike force offers no movement or pace.

To be honest, there wasn't a great deal of pace when Shearer partnered Sutton or Ferdinand...but he had players around them who did. I'd be much more confident of getting a goal or two in a game with Owen & Viduka than I would with our other 3 forwards.

Given

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Milner Geremi Barton N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Geremi is the least of all evils really. Smith and Butt are useless and Emre is never going to come on and have a good game for 90 minutes. Best used as an impact sub.

Given

Beye  Cacapa  Taylor  Enrique

Milner  Faye  Emre  N'Zogbia

Owen  Martins

is about the best we can muster together atm.

What has Geremi shown? Except that he's worse than Barton.

Geremi is an odd one, we seem to play better as a team when he plays, even when he doesn't play very well.

Perhaps he's using his vaunted language skills to translate for everyone on the pitch?

We have to try something different. Today was a real relegation performance. Dodgy defending and no penetration in attack.

Harper - Given's nervousness is transmitting itself to the rest of the defence.

Carr - He's done okay in recent weeks. His distribution was poor today from LB, but that's what you'd expect.

Cacapa - Occasionally his lack of pace shows up, but he shows leadership and initiative.

Faye - I'd like to play him in midfield, but we're so dodgy at the back, we need him here.

Enrique - Not the greatest so far, but he's prepared to have a go.

Beye - Gives us a bit more aerial power, and can shore up a flimsy midfield. We look weak defensively with two wingers.

Barton - Still finding his feet, but our most creative player.

Smith - Shows leadership, and though it isn't his best position, he's a better anchorman than anyone else we've got.

Milner - Better on the left. Edges it over Zoggy because he works hard.

Duff - We need a player who can link midfield and attack in a free role, and Duff fits the bill.

Shola - I'm prepared to give him a go. We've looked really crap in the final third over the last few weeks, and Shola can cause defences a few problems.

I want to see players who show initiative and a willingness to take responsibility. So Taylor and Butt go. Owen may still be a better option, but I'd like to try something new and see how it works. The present set up won't improve itself.

We have to try something different. Today was a real relegation performance. Dodgy defending and no penetration in attack.

Carr - He's done okay in recent weeks. His distribution was poor today from LB, but that's what you'd expect.

Cacapa - Occasionally his lack of pace shows up, but he shows leadership and initiative.

Faye - I'd like to play him in midfield, but we're so dodgy at the back, we need him here.

Beye - Gives us a bit more aerial power, and can shore up a flimsy midfield. We look weak defensively with two wingers.

Smith - Shows leadership, and though it isn't his best position, he's a better anchorman than anyone else we've got.

Duff - We need a player who can link midfield and attack in a free role, and Duff fits the bill.

Shola - I'm prepared to give him a go. We've looked really crap in the final third over the last few weeks, and Shola can cause defences a few problems.

I want to see players who show initiative and a willingness to take responsibility. So Taylor and Butt go. Owen may still be a better option, but I'd like to try something new and see how it works. The present set up won't improve itself.

Sticking a right back who's never played there before in his life in the midfield, Dropping Zog, Duff up front, Shola starting, Carr starting, ALAN SMITH IN THE MIDFIELD CHRIST ON A BIKE.

Big Sam, is that you?

:lol: i can't believe what you have just wrote.... taking piss at the higher order

Not a bad team....for the reserves

mine would be

Given

Beye

Taylor

Faye

Enrique

Milner

Barton

zog

Duff

Owen

Martins

Guest toonlass

Harper - As good as Given is at the moment, and was dropped unfairly when Shay was fit again.

Beye - No better defender at Newcastle at the moment.

Taylor - Young, needs to learn, but with Beye and Faye could make massive improvements.

Faye - Big, strong, confident, just what we need at the back.

Enrique - Better than Carr at left back, so best we have at the moment unless Keegan was prepared to play Edgar in his place.

Milner - Young, fast and can only improve, works tirelessly

Emre - Good player, works hard, has not been given enough of a chance this season.

Duff - We know he can play, he needs to prove it.

N'Zogbia - Possibly the best Newcastle player this season, and needs to be played in midfield

Viduka - He may be slow, but the lad is big and can score goals

Martins or Owen - much of a muchness, both have strengths, both have weaknesses, both have sold themselves short this season.

Not a bad team....for the reserves

mine would be

Given

Beye

Taylor

Faye

Enrique

Milner

Barton

Emre

Duff

Owen

Martins

Milner-Barton-Emre-Duff looks way too flimsy in midfield to me.

Harper - As good as Given is at the moment, and was dropped unfairly when Shay was fit again.

Beye - No better defender at Newcastle at the moment.

Taylor - Young, needs to learn, but with Beye and Faye could make massive improvements.

Faye - Big, strong, confident, just what we need at the back.

Enrique - Better than Carr at left back, so best we have at the moment unless Keegan was prepared to play Edgar in his place.

Milner - Young, fast and can only improve, works tirelessly

Emre - Good player, works hard, has not been given enough of a chance this season.

Duff - We know he can play, he needs to prove it.

N'Zogbia - Possibly the best Newcastle player this season, and needs to be played in midfield

Viduka - He may be slow, but the lad is big and can score goals

Martins or Owen - much of a muchness, both have strengths, both have weaknesses, both have sold themselves short this season.

Milner-Duff-Emre-Zoggy is even more powder-puff. Come on, the midfield does actually have to put in a few tackles.