Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I get it now........you're Swiss. I thought you were talking about the Man City v. Man Utd game so i was wondering why you were referring to Man City as 'us' when you're name is Swiss<b>MAG</b>

FFS! Apologies for being a dumbass! :blush:

I fear Dunne's just using us to get us a pay rise as Richards did.

Going on the form of Smith and Butt  I am considering writing to KK and pleading with him that he never ever ever signs any reject from man u. If they ain't good enough for them why on earth should they be good enough for us? I can't stand Ferguson but he always gets rid for a good reason. And don't we know it.

Of course Kevin will take notice of any letter anyone sends him.  :frantic:

I get it now........you're Swiss. I thought you were talking about the Man City v. Man Utd game so i was wondering why you were referring to Man City as 'us' when you're name is Swiss<b>MAG</b>

No, you're absolutely spot on, mate. Saw both games and mixed them up somehow. So, he was the only ManU player giving service to the Citeh players... :blush: Am I drunk, FFS. Thanks anyway, teacher. :-)

No, you're absolutely spot on, mate. Saw both games and mixed them up somehow. So, he was the only ManU player giving service to the Citeh players... :blush: Am I drunk, FFS. Thanks anyway, teacher. :-)

Meh! I think what we're both trying to say is that Wes Brown is rubbish.

Meh! I think what we're both trying to say is that Wes Brown is rubbish.

Agreed... (I can always use the "I am Swiss" apology, when I made a mistake)

Guest optimistic nit

Wes Brown was the worst player on the pitch for England when we played Switzerland. He just looked completely lost.

I'm not convinced he'd be an improvement on what we have, and i'd steer clear of former Man Utd players altogether if i was Keegan.

Even worse on Sunday.

He's a competent centre half. But he's never a right back. Defender, not a footballer.

karim benzema anyone? could fancy a more to the prem.

Not realistic. Niether are several other names mentioned such as Yaya Toure, Diego, van der Vaart, Carrick and Dunne.  :angry:

it would be hard yes, but not neccicerially unrealistic if we say went on a bit of a run and finished top half, spent big in the summer, offered lyon 20 million, benzema 60K a week and offered him premiership football, a big stadium and 50=60millions worth of other new signings to play with. if he wanted to move to the prem i have a feeling it would be to liverpool, but its worth a shot.

Just looking at that list of players it's obvious to me we'll have to do most of the shopping abroad.

D'Alessandro, Rosina, Pandev, Appiah etc. There's loads of players out there.

*waits to be accused of playing football manager because i've mentioned johnny foreigners*

Jesus, i just realised that D'Alessandro moved to Panathinaikos in jan for 3m euros. Surprised no prem teams(ie US) were interested after how he played for Pompey.

D`Allesandro moved back to Argentina to San Lorenzo on loan

Yeah, last night wiki said he was in greece, now it's changed again. Confounding stuff.

Wes Brown was the worst player on the pitch for England when we played Switzerland. He just looked completely lost.

I'm not convinced he'd be an improvement on what we have, and i'd steer clear of former Man Utd players altogether if i was Keegan.

Even worse on Sunday.

He's a competent centre half. But he's never a right back. Defender, not a footballer.

Not realistic. Niether are several other names mentioned such as Yaya Toure, Diego, van der Vaart, Carrick and Dunne.  :angry:

it would be hard yes, but not neccicerially unrealistic if we say went on a bit of a run and finished top half, spent big in the summer, offered lyon 20 million, benzema 60K a week and offered him premiership football, a big stadium and 50=60millions worth of other new signings to play with. if he wanted to move to the prem i have a feeling it would be to liverpool, but its worth a shot.

SAF is interested in signing him.

Even worse on Sunday.

I'm sorry mate but we should not be spending 20m on young french "starlets". I'd rather spend that on Bentley who ticks all the boxes and has prem experiance.

Benzema might be good but FAR too risky at that price.

Even worse on Sunday.

Going on a bit of a run.....is unrealistic.

Finishing top half....is unrealistic.

Spending big in the summer.....unknown. Possibility but MA's pockets havent been flying open so far.

A big stadium.....is irrelevant.

Offering premiership football.....is nothing, compared to the champions league football on offer from other suitors.

Going on the form of Smith and Butt  I am considering writing to KK and pleading with him that he never ever ever signs any reject from man u. If they ain't good enough for them why on earth should they be good enough for us? I can't stand Ferguson but he always gets rid for a good reason. And don't we know it.

Aye that Gillespie was shit. ;)

Aye that Gillespie was s***. ;)

He wasn't an established first team player at United when we got him and we had bargaining power on our side because Taggart wanted Andy Cole.

Aye that Gillespie was s***. ;)

He wasn't an established first team player at United when we got him and we had bargaining power on our side because Taggart wanted Andy Cole.

The point being there's nothing wrong with signing players from ManU, established or otherwise, as long as you don't sign shit ones.  There are a few players at ManU that Fergie would let leave but could do a job for us.

I think the problem with that is some of Man Utd squad players look better than they actually are because of the players around them eg. Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher etc. I reckon if Fergie is prepared to let them go without too much of a fight we should steer clear

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3141982,00.html

Prem trio track Bilbao ace

Amorebieta could be set for summer switch

Liverpool, Manchester United and Newcastle are all reported to be battling it out for Athletic Bilbao defender Fernando Amorebieta.

Reports in Spain claim the Premier League trio are keeping tabs on the highly-rated centre-back.

All three clubs are believed to have watched the 22-year-old on a couple of occasions this season as they consider making a move for his signature in the summer.

Amorebieta, who has a contract with Bilbao until 2011, says he is flattered by the interest but insists he is no rush to leave San Mames.

Happy

"I'm very happy here and also that people are noticing me," said Amorebieta.

"It's nice to know people are interested in you."

Dunne on the cheap would be fantastic. Can't see why he'd come here though, other than the Keegan influence.

"The £10m rated Dunne" ... Jesus Christ. World's gone mad.

I don't think defensive recruitment is vital. The defense will improve when the midfield improves, i'd like to see us get a centre-back in for cover. In Caçapa and Faye we've got one very good centre-back and another decent one. In Beye and Enrique we've got one very good full-back and another decent one. Maybe we could do with another left-back for cover too but it's not vital.

1. A creative centre-mid

2. Shaun Wright-Phillips

3. Michael Carrick

4. Peter Crouch

5. Richard Dunne

... in order of positional priority.

Obviously, that really does push the realms of realisticness to the very limit, but that's what i think we need.

Brown's miles better than Carr. More versatile too. And I don't particularly rate Brown.

It would be the same to hope we'll get Silvestre, because he is arguably more solid than Peter Ramage. And Smithy is also VERSATILE... :-/