Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Muntari and/or Kranjcar would be sound purchases imo and would be attainable as well.

They would make us pay through the nose for them. You could probably get Appiah and D'Allesandro for half as much.

City hardly blew the bank for Benjani though, only £8 million or so I think once all extras have been paid, and seeing as he's been brilliant this season I don't see why Kranjcar or Muntari will cost much more.

Benjani, despite having a good season, isn't actually that good though. He's 29 now and this is the first season he has a good goalscoring record, even in France he had an average record. Kranjcar and Muntari are much younger and much more talented.

Muntari and/or Kranjcar would be sound purchases imo and would be attainable as well.

They would make us pay through the nose for them. You could probably get Appiah and D'Allesandro for half as much.

City hardly blew the bank for Benjani though, only £8 million or so I think once all extras have been paid, and seeing as he's been brilliant this season I don't see why Kranjcar or Muntari will cost much more.

Benjani, despite having a good season, isn't actually that good though. He's 29 now and this is the first season he has a good goalscoring record, even in France he had an average record. Kranjcar and Muntari are much younger and much more talented.

Ah fair enough, never realised they were both so young.

End of the day it's complete and utter bollocks to rule out signing anyone purely on the basis of their nationality.

If they're good enough, who f****** cares?

Problem is Dave, most of them aren't any good when they play for us. That's the point.

Name a nationality of which we've not had a shit player.

End of the day it's complete and utter bollocks to rule out signing anyone purely on the basis of their nationality.

Problem is Dave, most of them aren't any good when they play for us. That's the point.

Peruvian.

Peruvian.

Very good. Let's buy the entire Peru team then?

Peruvian.

Very good. Let's buy the entire Peru team then?

Could they all get work permits though?

Damn. Another nationality?

Chilean?

Robledo brothers were mint according to me Granda, and Acuna was a canny player for us. Although the same problems obviously about the work permit.

Can you see where this is going?

Damn. Another nationality?

Chilean?

Robledo brothers were mint according to me Granda, and Acuna was a canny player for us. Although the same problems obviously about the work permit.

Can you see where this is going?

Aye.

appiah looks like he is finished in fenerbahce they areadly got a replacement for him...looks like there is a problem with his legs...it would be stupid if newcastle gets him.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4580/fhmincomingfc7.jpg

Gilberto was hanging out of this at one point the lizard looking lucky cunt.

That's your dad. In drag.

No wonder me mam married him!

Hopefully our team would look something like this next season:

GKs: Given, Jussi Jääskeläinen, Tim Krul

DL: Enrique, Nicky shory/Wayne Bridge

DC: Taylor, Faye, Campbell

DR: Beye, Faty, Wes Brown

ML: Zogbia, Downing

MR: Arshavin/Bentley, Milner

MC: Barton (If he can sort out his problems), Carrick, Adrien, Albelda/Aimar

ST: Owen (If he signs a new contract), Martins, Carroll, Crouch/Ashton/Cisse

Know it's too much to hope for, but still.. would be sweet!

Hopefully our team would look something like this next season:

GKs: Given, Jussi Jääskeläinen, Tim Krul

DL: Enrique, Nicky shory/Wayne Bridge

DC: Taylor, Faye, Campbell

DR: Beye, Faty, Wes Brown

ML: Zogbia, Downing

MR: Arshavin/Bentley, Milner

MC: Barton (If he can sort out his problems), Carrick, Adrien, Albelda/Aimar

ST: Owen (If he signs a new contract), Martins, Carroll, Crouch/Ashton/Cisse

Know it's too much to hope for, but still.. would be sweet!

sweet unrealistic teams :D :p

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

i've always rated vincent kompany who is at hamburg now after starting his career in the anderlecht system.  O0

i'd love him with us, but i'm not sure our coaching staff is good enough to get the best out of him.  :-[

i've always rated vincent kompany who is at hamburg now after starting his career in the anderlecht system.   O0

i'd love him with us, but i'm not sure our coaching staff is good enough to get the best out of him.  :-[

Yeh, he is brilliant on manager games.

Do you watch him on setanta?

Potentially attainable targets who could be good for us, from the prem that I can think of: Agbonlahor, Carrick, Pennant, Bentley, Yobo, Kranjcar, Ireland, Santa Cruz, Doyle, Shorey, Bellamy, Ashton, Chimbonda, Nelsen, Samba, Muntari. Just off the top of my head.

I'm well aware that most of those players currently are important to teams who are higher than us in the premiership, but ambition is essential this summer. If we're going to improve dramatically, we will find it very difficult without proven ability in this league. We are going to have to spend big to bridge the gap back to the European places, and we should have enough clout in the market that teams like Blackburn and Portsmouth will find it tough to hold on to their players should we come calling.

Potentially attainable targets who could be good for us, from the prem that I can think of: Agbonlahor, Carrick, Pennant, Bentley, Yobo, Kranjcar, Ireland, Santa Cruz, Doyle, Shorey, Bellamy, Ashton, Chimbonda, Nelsen, Samba, Muntari. Just off the top of my head.

I'm well aware that most of those players currently are important to teams who are higher than us in the premiership, but ambition is essential this summer. If we're going to improve dramatically, we will find it very difficult without proven ability in this league. We are going to have to spend big to bridge the gap back to the European places, and we should have enough clout in the market that teams like Blackburn and Portsmouth will find it tough to hold on to their players should we come calling.

http://beaut.ie/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/papa.jpg

"Ello Dave."

http://beaut.ie/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/papa.jpg

"Ello Dave."

bluelaugh.gif