Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Why is Van Buyten being mentioned alot in this thread?

He is in the starting XI at Bayern so why would he even think about coming to us?

I would like to see us go for someone like Shorey at Reading and if we are going to get shot of 2 strikers Leroy Lita and maybe Dave Kitson aswel.

He is in the starting XI at Bayern so why would he even think about coming to us?

I would like to see us go for someone like Shorey at Reading and if we are going to get shot of 2 strikers Leroy Lita and maybe Dave Kitson aswel.

Yes, let's buy from our fellow relegation candidates, might aswell buy Sonko too whilst we're at it.

Yes, let's buy from our fellow relegation candidates, might aswell buy Sonko too whilst we're at it.

Both Kitson and Shorey would walk into our team.

But they are playing for a side that is a candidate for relegation so they must be shite.

Guest elbee909

I thought the point was that he wasn't in the starting XI at Bayern, and was pissed off as a result.

I thought the point was that he wasn't in the starting XI at Bayern, and was pissed off as a result.

And Keegan signed him at Man City, so there's some useful history.

I'm baffled at why so many people are rating Dunne. He has been nothing but a Donkey for City whenever I've seen him play before this season. He's had one good half a season under Sven and is now leaking goals and making mistakes again...He's no better than Bramble!

You haven't seen either play, really, have you.

I have seen him play, thats my point. I've seen him play a canny bit, especially prior to this season. He's had some good games this eason but I reckon that was in part due to Richards strength and pace alongside him and the effect Sven had.

I also have a number of frineds who are City fans who agree with me. He was forever making mistakes in previous seasons...own goals, mis-kicks/slices, poor reading.

I stand by my opinion.

These obviously aren't amongst the City fans that voted him player of the year three seasons on the trot then? You're talking rubbish.

Too true.

Why are people suggesting Bentley? Step down if there ever was one for him. There is only a couple of places I can see him going, and i'll give you a clue, its not a shit mid table club like us.

Didn't say they wouldn't, but I'd like to think we'd aim a little higher than Kitson and Lita if Keegan is serious about his aims.

Didn't say they wouldn't, but I'd like to think we'd aim a little higher than Kitson and Lita if Keegan is serious about his aims.

Me too. But Kitson is the highest tally english striker, and it looks like its going to be close for Reading to go down.

Guest Knightrider

I expect one or two surprises in terms of wow, never thought we could get him, and likewise with wow, never heard of him and of course wow, never wanted him.

http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/hoboken-jozy-altidore-new-york-red-bulls-premiere-soccer-shop.jpg

O0  Would face some competition to get him, but would be a great signing.  In line with the youth policy as well.

Who is he?

http://hoboken411.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/hoboken-jozy-altidore-new-york-red-bulls-premiere-soccer-shop.jpg

O0  Would face some competition to get him, but would be a great signing.  In line with the youth policy as well.

Who is he?

http://redbull.newyork.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t107&player=altidore_j&playerId=alt305981&statType=current

Theres plenty of youtube clips around, so you can check him out there.  When Beckham played in NY for the first time, a game which got around 70K people i think, Altidore had two goals in a 5-4 NY victory.  His second one was very good.