Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest teabag

Is teabag someone else or is he new?

im new. but i really cant see why people think im a WUM.

this is what ive said:

-Lampard is fat.

-drogba, terry, and lampard are OVERRATED, not rubbish.

-Given is a average keeper.

whats so unbelievable about that?

Christ, don't get me involved.

i wasnt getting you involved. i just quoted you to answer your question. the bit i wrote after wasnt aimed at you

Guest teabag

I can't believe you're not in your jim jams yet.

haha i think you will be in bed a long time before me

Does everyone's house have half a dairy milk bar in it btw? Or is that just a Newcastle thing?

Mine usually does, but thats because the lass cant take more than a few bites without feeling like a porker

Guest ObaStar

im new. but i really cant see why people think im a WUM.

this is what ive said:

-Lampard is fat.

-drogba, terry, and lampard are OVERRATED, not rubbish.

-Given is a average keeper.

whats so unbelievable about that?

Christ, don't get me involved.

i wasnt getting you involved. i just quoted you to answer your question. the bit i wrote after wasnt aimed at you

the same drogba who was top scorer in the premier league last year?

The same Lampard who averages a goal every 3 games in midfield?

John Terry who is the key of the defence who allows the least amount of goals every year. The guy who was out for a few weeks last year in which Chelsea conceded an average of 2.5 goals a game which cost them the title.

How could Lampard be fat and be one of the best football players in the world. the most competetive sport on our planet and he is one of the best. Trust me, no one in the Premier League is fat. you do not understand the amount of work it takes to get there.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dunne's City talks put on hold TEAMTALK

Manchester City have put contract talks with skipper Richard Dunne on hold until the end of the current campaign.

Dunne and his representatives have been in negotiations with City for the last few months as the club look to tie down the defender to a new long-term contract.

The Republic of Ireland international has just over a year to run on his contract, fuelling speculation over his future.

Newcastle are reported to be keen on Dunne and are monitoring developments at Eastlands regarding his contract.

Despite the talks being put on the back burner City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson remains confident of agreeing a new deal with Dunne.

"I really don't know where we are in terms of progress on Richard's contract but with six games to go I think it is more an end-of-season discussion," Eriksson told the club's official website.

"He has a contract for one more year so it is not a pressing problem. We don't want to lose him and I am quite sure he wants to stay here."

I thought he was someone else but he's new.

There's a WUM on one of the other boards called Teebag (can't remember which). If it's him he's definitely not a Newcastle fan. He's an idiot an all.

Surely he wouldn't be daft enough to use the same moniker? Would he? ???

Guest teepee

saviola would be great, but only if we stand to lose owen or martins - the three of them stacked aren't as tall as a normal striker, let alone the type we need

as for dunne - would be fantastic - maybe the boxer and kk can persuade him

I've never been fully convinced about Dunne tbh. I think there are better options out there.

Think this is just a case of lazy jornos putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 8. Player not signed new contract, his former manager on the look out for centre halfs.

Someone like Dunne is just what we need tbh, he's not up there with the best centre backs in the league but I think we will struggle to attract better at the moment, he's a leader at the back who reads the game as good as anyone, dominant in the air and always seems to be fit, the only downside would be he's not very quick so he's likely to need someone else coming in next to him.

Someone like Dunne is just what we need tbh, he's not up there with the best centre backs in the league but I think we will struggle to attract better at the moment, he's a leader at the back who reads the game as good as anyone, dominant in the air and always seems to be fit, the only downside would be he's not very quick so he's likely to need someone else coming in next to him.

Dunne and Gary Cahill would be good.

Even him and Faye would do a job short term.

Dunne and Gary Cahill would be good.

Even him and Faye would do a job short term.

I don't think Cahill's any better than Taylor tbh, don't really rate either of them.

I think Keegan might go for the safe option and get in Wes Brown on a free transfer to partner him.

Yeah, Dunne would be great for his leadership and presence. His commitment, effort and desire would be very valuable for us at the back. The guy is a no holds barred no nonsense defender and Taylor could certainly learn a thing or two from him.

As mentioned above Dunne isn't necessarily a top quality player or anything but he does have some attributes that would do us a lot of good. I like him as a player.

Not sure both Dunne and Faye would work though, he would need someone a bit more mobile alongside him. Wes Brown perhaps?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dunne is quite mobile for a big fella

Dunne and Richards 3rd best pairing in the league behind Man U and Chelsea

great shout there with Cahill, if bolton go down then we really should be in for him, been outstanding as an individual since going to them!

Dunne would also be a good signing, not a trophy signing but a solid one with great experience and still a good few years in him!

These two in, Tayls as backup and Faye as backup def mid, as i would love a ball-playing def mid ( Diaby top of my list!)

Still not convinced about Dunne, I agree we need a leader at the back with presence but the way we will be be set up next season Dunne lack of mobility will be exposed.