Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Before anyone starts drawing Boumsong comparisons, Cueller looks a totally different player to him in the Scottish league. He wins his headers and instead of trying to pick a 50 yard pass, he plays a short pass to the best option. He's quick enough ( for a player of his size) and always seems to be in the righ place at the right time! I think he's worth a go, AT THE RIGHT PRICE! I fear given his importance to Rangers and their run in Europe this year, it could be anything up to £10m unfortunately!

So you've seen a bit of him then?

Is he good technically and can he also play a sweeper type role. I think we could really do with a defender of this type, which we currently lack.

Before anyone starts drawing Boumsong comparisons, Cueller looks a totally different player to him in the Scottish league. He wins his headers and instead of trying to pick a 50 yard pass, he plays a short pass to the best option. He's quick enough ( for a player of his size) and always seems to be in the righ place at the right time! I think he's worth a go, AT THE RIGHT PRICE! I fear given his importance to Rangers and their run in Europe this year, it could be anything up to £10m unfortunately!

And importantly he seems to be a leader who is constantly organising and shouting at the defence. What we need.

Judging on what I saw last night Arshavin could be quality. He is extremely fast and looks a top player. Not sure what position he plays but looks like he could be on either side of a front 3 or possible on the wing. Farfan is another class player.

I've seen a good few Rangers games this season and he's been impressive, albeit in the SPL. But in the CL and UEFA Cup he's more than held his own. He is pretty good technically, rarely misjudges headers and lets not forget, he's been covering a 37 year old David Weir all season too so he's doing quite a bit! Could play sweeper but iyam, not what we need at Newcastle! Play him at centre back.

I've seen a good few Rangers games this season and he's been impressive, albeit in the SPL. But in the CL and UEFA Cup he's more than held his own. He is pretty good technically, rarely misjudges headers and lets not forget, he's been covering a 37 year old David Weir all season too so he's doing quite a bit! Could play sweeper but iyam, not what we need at Newcastle! Play him at centre back.

What I meant was does he have the ability to distribute the ball to midfileders fficiently from the back and is he composed and neat and tidyin posession of the ball.

Wasn't advocating that we play him as a sweeper per se!

I just think we need to add a centre back with a bit of quality this summer.

What I meant was does he have the ability to distribute the ball to midfileders fficiently from the back and is he composed and neat and tidyin posession of the ball.

Yes. Composed is the word to describe him really. Never puts himself under any pressure and is calm and collected on the ball.

Get you now! He seems to win his challenges and play a short 5 - 10 yard pass. it helps when The Gers have Ferguson or Hemdani dropping deep to receive it and drive on to put a more telling pass in, whereas we have........

Yes. Composed is the word to describe him really. Never puts himself under any pressure and is calm and collected on the ball.

Excellent. Really sounds like the sort we could do with then.

If we could get this fella along with Dunne, and have Taylor and Faye as backup that would be a very healthy position to be in.

Get you now! He seems to win his challenges and play a short 5 - 10 yard pass. it helps when The Gers have Ferguson or Hemdani dropping deep to receive it and drive on to put a more telling pass in, whereas we have........

ha ha ha ha

Say no more. I totally understand.

I do love defenders that resist the temptation to hoof the long ball up the pitch, so the Butt man will have to get his act together and do a better job of dropping deep to get the ball.

ha ha ha ha

Say no more. I totally understand.

I do love defenders that resist the temptation to hoof the long ball up the pitch, so the Butt man will have to get his act together and do a better job of dropping deep to get the ball.

Thats only half the problem though! what will he do with it when he drops deep? 2 must buys this summer are a CB and a creative midfielder!

Is there any indication Rangers would be willing to sell?

There a scottish club therefore have no choice ;)

Probably, in a less harsh way, everyone has their price. Seeing that Hutton was a youth product who went for £9m, i'd expect cueller, signed for £2.7, potential Scottish Player of the year to cost more! £10m would be hard to turn down for Rangers i think.

The agent of Atletico Madrid winger Jose Antonio Reyes admits a return to the Premiership could be on.

Newcastle United are chasing the former Arsenal attacker and his agent, Joseba Diaz, told Marca: "What we want is that Reyes plays and if it can't be here, we'll look for a way out.

"What is clear is that he should never have left England."

Guest Phil K

And if that last sentence doesn't scream 'Because the money is far better there' then I don't know what does.

Absolutely spot on.

He's a fair player though.

But I'm nervous about spaniards here....

Guest float one in

There was something in the TImes Online yesterday (it's on True Fatih now) about Mort saying they're not talking transfers with Keegan until we're definitely safe from relegation.

On the one hand that's fair enough, but on the other, with the competition in the transfer market these days and so many clubs being awash with dosh, I would hope KK (and Wise/Jiminez/whoever) is already putting together a list of targets for the summer. They've got to be preparing as soon as possible. They can always have a Plan B for if we still end up going down, but they should be making plans on the assumption we stay up. I'm not saying KK shouldn't be concentrating on the matter in hand, of finishing the season as strongly as possible, but the management should all have a bit of an eye on what they want to happen in the summer, otherwise we might get left behind.

Guest mobiius

There was something in the TImes Online yesterday (it's on True Fatih now) about Mort saying they're not talking transfers with Keegan until we're definitely safe from relegation.

On the one hand that's fair enough, but on the other, with the competition in the transfer market these days and so many clubs being awash with dosh, I would hope KK (and Wise/Jiminez/whoever) is already putting together a list of targets for the summer. They've got to be preparing as soon as possible. They can always have a Plan B for if we still end up going down, but they should be making plans on the assumption we stay up. I'm not saying KK shouldn't be concentrating on the matter in hand, of finishing the season as strongly as possible, but the management should all have a bit of an eye on what they want to happen in the summer, otherwise we might get left behind.

maybe its a case of Mort playing with words. Maybe he isn't openly talking wit KK about transfers at least it will get the media speculators off the toon's back for now. I don't think ,with this current regime ,that we will find out anything until the deal is more or less done. One thing i am sure of, if we stay up, we won't get left behind in the summer. i think Jose Antonio Reyes would be an excellent capture if we got him.

Guest float one in

maybe its a case of Mort playing with words. Maybe he isn't openly talking wit KK about transfers at least it will get the media speculators off the toon's back for now. I don't think ,with this current regime ,that we will find out anything until the deal is more or less done. One thing i am sure of, if we stay up, we won't get left behind in the summer. i think Jose Antonio Reyes would be an excellent capture if we got him.

He wouldn't have been at Ibrox last night if he wasn't preparing his "list"

Fair shouts. I agree with that as well, and hopefully Mort is just trying to keep everything nice and low key, but I was just a little bit worried in case he's not!

Aye, Reyes has shown he's got the class to be up there with the very best. It'd be a question of whether Kev can harness his talent and keep him happy and working for the team. He's shown in the past he's not afraid to sign potentially "difficult" characters with Anelka and Tino. If we signed him I wouldn't expect him to be another Luque, not least cos he's already shown he can cut it in the Prem.