Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

What happened with Vagner Love?

Don't know.

I'm told he was at the training ground.

The Mirror said an agent had misled the club or something. Moyes' latest interview also has something about "agents letting us down" as one of the reasons we haven't signed anyone.

I still want Inler as a replacement for Butt. I think his release clause is about 10m euros, Pretty young, consistent and is quality..

It's funny that very few of the players linked with English clubs (and us in particular) seem to have actually moved, or indeed gone elsewhere. Inler, Gomis, Arda, Derdiyok, Arshavin etc are all just as available now as they were a month or two ago.

I still want Inler as a replacement for Butt. I think his release clause is about 10m euros, Pretty young, consistent and is quality..

It's funny that very few of the players linked with English clubs (and us in particular) seem to have actually moved, or indeed gone elsewhere. Inler, Gomis, Arda, Derdiyok, Arshavin etc are all just as available now as they were a month or two ago.

Very true, once again proving how reliable the press are, not saying we aren't interested in any of those but is there a team in the Premiership that are as discrete as us?

maybe they're all as sewn up as Coloccini was a week ago and the club are just waiting to confirm all 5

maybe they're all as sewn up as Coloccini was a week ago and the club are just waiting to confirm all 5

SSsssssssshhhh !!!!

It's funny that very few of the players linked with English clubs (and us in particular) seem to have actually moved,  indeed gone elsewhere. Inler, Gomis, Arda, Derdiyok, Arshavin etc are all just as available now as they were a month or two ago.

Yeah and it's been really quiet lately especially around Gomis and Arda. I haven't read any rumours at all about them leaving.

Fairly decent chance that we're still after one or two of them IMO.

They could well be holding out hope that one of the really big clubs will come in for them, and if that doesn't happen then they'll settle for someone like us. Then in turn the bigger clubs are working their way trough their targets and will be telling these guys' agents that they still may be back in for them before the window closes if other targets don't work out. So naturally they are playing the waiting game hoping for the best move possible, which forces teams like us to play a waiting game as well.

Fairly decent chance that we're still after one or two of them IMO.

They could well be holding out hope that one of the really big clubs will come in for them, and if that doesn't happen then they'll settle for someone like us. Then in turn the bigger clubs are working their way trough their targets and will be telling these guys' agents that they still may be back in for them before the window closes if other targets don't work out. So naturally they are playing the waiting game hoping for the best move possible, which forces teams like us to play a waiting game as well.

:clap:  Good post.

I'd say we're still after Arda and Gomis. Derdiyok is maybe one for the future, but not for the first team just yet.

agreeing with shak i think we have deals lying on the table for one or two of those mentioned.....hopefully with back up plans if these fall through.

Well the (real) ITK is that we had three major bids in for players months ago. Modric was one, and assuming Coloccini was another (agent saying we've been after him for yonks), that leaves one more on the table at least, with a back up plan replacing Modric I imagine.

I still hope we are in for Inler but we are having to wait to see if arsenal buy him or not. Still much activity to be had in the next two weeks IMO.

as you were typing that arsene wenger was on SSN saying he thought arsenal wouldn't sign anyone else and werent "close to signing anyone else"

Guest optimistic nit

Juventus have claimed two English clubs have made enquiries about the availability of midfielder Tiago.

Press reports have suggested that the Portuguese could be set to join Newcastle United on loan for the 2008/09 term, but it has been rumoured that he failed to agree terms with the Magpies.

Everton have also been mooted as potential suitors for Tiago as manager David Moyes looks to make his first addition of the summer

Imagine the carnage on here had we not signed anyone at this point. :lol:

i dont want to think about it tbh. :lol:

just imagine if, in august, our first signing of the season was a new contract to Alan Smith.

Getting a funny feeling we could end up with Arshavin. Not for the £20m+ fees talked about, but a club record, somewhere in between. No idea why, just think our supposed focus on loan targets might mean were looking at one big coup before the window closes.

Getting a funny feeling we could end up with Arshavin. Not for the £20m+ fees talked about, but a club record, somewhere in between. No idea why, just think our supposed focus on loan targets might mean were looking at one big coup before the window closes.

I just have a horrible feeling Arshavin could do a Rebrov if he comes to England...