Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Why is it that for months there've been like nobody knowing anything about what's going on, and within the last week or two there are people coming out left, right and centre posting random stuff on internet messageboards?

Load of embarrassing rubbish.

Thats fair enough, but like Mr Venkman says...its one hell of a creative excuse.

But aye, I cant wait til the end of September so that we can not worry about this bollocks anymore.

And HTT...I hope you are right.  I really do.

Guest mikefin

The club are so secretive because they are trying to juggle many deals at once, incoming and outgoing. Trust me, we'll get a surprise or two.

I like to believe that too.

If Faye and Milner are on their way, there has to be some aces in Keegans pocket.  It's only option which make anykind of sense, considering this club isn't middle of big financial trouble, which i dont believe. We might sell them, if they are not needed anymore. If they are not needed anymore, then we certainly had better replacements for them.

The club are so secretive because they are trying to juggle many deals at once, incoming and outgoing. Trust me, we'll get a surprise or two.

I think people will be satisfied in the end when the window closes, remember in the end of the last one when we signed Beye and Faye very late, just before the window closed, everyone was really disappointed but when it became clear that we managed to get them in the very end most people were pretty happy with things.

Things may not gone that fast so far but im sure the club and it's people are doing the best possible they can to get it right. Instead of signing player just for the cause of doing it, it's more important that we get the right ones in.

The ultimate would of been to have most players signed already and them having the chance to play together and so on, but things doesn't always work that way. In the long term im sure that it's more important to sign the right players even if the possible transfer drags on a little bit too long. After all every player is a long term investment and it's important to get it right both player wise and financially for the best of the club and the future that is coming. The players that probably will get in very soon might sign late, but i think that there's time for them to come in and make a difference and make our team better.

The season isn't about the first one or two games only. It's many games over a season that has to be played. And when the season ends maybe we will have done better overall than we would if we went for the first best option available.

Tbh im a little bit impatient also but there's time to get it right and im confident that we will.

As long as we go in the right direction slowly but gradually and find some consistency and quit the roller coast ride that has been for many years despite throwing money around on expensive players then im im happy. It will take time..

I hope there's something in the rumours about Derdiyok because he's a striker. I haven't seen him play but the fact we are pinning our hopes on Martins being fit to start against Man U confirms we are short on fit and available options up front. That is likely to be a feature this season unless we strengthen.

Guest neesy111

I hope there's something in the rumours about Derdiyok because he's a striker. I haven't seen him play but the fact we are pinning our hopes on Martins being fit to start against Man U confirms we are short on fit and available options up front. That is likely to be a feature this season unless we strengthen.

tbf, every club hopes their best strikers are going to be fit?

tbf, every club hopes their best strikers are going to be fit?

Well I'd love it if Viduka was available for 30 matches a season but I wouldn't want to plan a campaign around hope in that case.