Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

On his wikipedia page it says that Gattuso has had a fallout with Ancelotti and might be looking for a move to Scotland. Might be considered a somewhat realistic transfer target?:)

be interesting to hear what people's opinions are on who'll be next through the door, anyone got a hunch?

In order of Likelihood;

Warnock

Tiago

Larsson

add a striker, or if needs be swap larsson for one, and i'd bite your hand off

be interesting to hear what people's opinions are on who'll be next through the door, anyone got a hunch?

In order of Likelihood;

Warnock

Tiago

Larsson

I meant the next one will be one of those 3. I believe the next two signings will be Warnock and Tiago.

In order of Likelihood;

Warnock

Tiago

Larsson

I meant the next one will be one of those 3. I believe the next two signings will be Warnock and Tiago.

Any more news on Tiago? I thought he was off to the Toffees. Baptista would be nice but it looks like he might be off to Roma.

Guest geordienorway

Hope Marouane Chamakh is the next one in.

Weren't there reports in france a while back saying we'd signed him or somthing.

That's correct. He has been very promising lately, and is exactly what we need. A young, tall, technical targetman with pace.

In order of Likelihood;

Warnock

Tiago

Larsson

Any more news on Tiago? I thought he was off to the Toffees. Baptista would be nice but it looks like he might be off to Roma.

Lots of conflicting stuff. The truth is noone knows what the crack is but i think it's safe to say we are in for him. He would be a great addition IMO.

Weren't there reports in france a while back saying we'd signed him or somthing.

That's correct. He has been very promising lately, and is exactly what we need. A young, tall, technical targetman with pace.

with a goal to games  record almost identical to Shola

Think somebody's been watching to many tube clips, don't you?

Guest geordienorway

What's that supposed to mean? Have watched Chamakh several times since last year, and the reason why his scoring record is poor is because he holds up the play so players like Gouffran, Wendel and Cavenaghi can score. You can compare Newcastle's attacking style to Bordeaux's, and it is quite similar. Pacey players like Gouffran and Wendel (Owen and Martins in our team) need a player who can hold the ball. Chamakh is used to play the same role Viduka plays for us, and that's the reason why I think he could be a great buy for us.

What's that supposed to mean? Have watched Chamakh several times since last year, and the reason why his scoring record is poor is because he holds up the play so players like Gouffran, Wendel and Cavenaghi can score. You can compare Newcastle's attacking style to Bordeaux's, and it is quite similar. Pacey players like Gouffran and Wendel (Owen and Martins in our team) need a player who can hold the ball. Chamakh is used to play the same role Viduka plays for us, and that's the reason why I think he could be a great buy for us.

Yeah, I've heard similarly good things about Chamakh, apparently gets a lot of assists. More of a setup guy than an out and out goalscorer.

I'm afraid it will only ever be likely if we move on both Ameobi and Smith.

Guest Magpie007

Juventus have claimed two English clubs have made enquiries about the availability of midfielder Tiago.

Press reports have suggested that the Portuguese could be set to join Newcastle United on loan for the 2008/09 term, but it has been rumoured that he failed to agree terms with the Magpies.

Everton have also been mooted as potential suitors for Tiago as manager David Moyes looks to make his first addition of the summer

Juventus have claimed two English clubs have made enquiries about the availability of midfielder Tiago.

Press reports have suggested that the Portuguese could be set to join Newcastle United on loan for the 2008/09 term, but it has been rumoured that he failed to agree terms with the Magpies.

Everton have also been mooted as potential suitors for Tiago as manager David Moyes looks to make his first addition of the summer

Imagine the carnage on here had we not signed anyone at this point. :lol:

Imagine the carnage on here had we not signed anyone at this point. :lol:

There is carnage on our forums.

I think if Blackburn win tomorrow Bill Kenwright will be strung up from the main stand and Paul Ince will be beaten to death with his own shoes in the middle of a smug post-match interview.