Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Huddlestone's available apparently.

Would anyone take him?

Yeah - have Butt teach him the nasty side of the game with the aim of Huddlestone being our 'Carrick' i.e: a holding ball player with some quality passing ability.

Any idea how much he'd cost?

I'd be reluctant to spend any more than £6m on him.

Would anyone take him?

Yeah - have Butt teach him the nasty side of the game with the aim of Huddlestone being our 'Carrick' i.e: a holding ball player with some quality passing ability.

Any idea how much he'd cost?

I'd be reluctant to spend any more than £6m on him.

No idea, just read that Spurs have offered him as part of a swap deal to someone but not sure who.

Would anyone take him?

imo he's not mobile enough for a 4-4-2 but i think he would fit in very well to our system. excellent passing range and adds a bit of height and presence.

Agreed.

Guest LondonMag

Just seen Jeff Vetere in two games in the U17 Euro Champ in Turkey.

very good sign the we are working around the clock

Guest LondonMag

What games?

France vs Spain and Serbia agaist Holland

Did they point him out, or was it a special feature about him? What does he even look like?

Did they point him out, or was it a special feature about him? What does he even look like?

http://cache2.gettyimages.com/xc/79055212.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193516E2A05E1E12293B31CBC8751FD9B73

He's the bloke sat in front of Mort biting his thumb.

We have a scout/technical co-ordinator at the biggest youth tournament in Europe this year..............GROUD BREAKING STUFF!!!!

Is for us.

No its not. Chris Mcmenemy used to go to all these sort of tournements. Paul Montgomery like wise.

We signed Krul from the last tournement

We have a scout/technical co-ordinator at the biggest youth tournament in Europe this year..............GROUD BREAKING STUFF!!!!

Is for us.

No its not. Chris Mcmenemy used to go to all these sort of tournements. Paul Montgomery like wise.

wasn't Krul not playing for us when he went to the U17 World Cup?  Or are you on about the last U17 European Championships?

Is for us.

wasn't Krul not playing for us when he went to the U17 World Cup?  Or are you on about the last U17 European Championships?

The latter

Not a target for us, but i can't believe Roeder hasn't offered Huckerby a new contract

speaking of glenn, he has given lee clark's brother in law a full time scouting position at norwich.

jobsfortheboys

Not a target for us, but i can't believe Roeder hasn't offered Huckerby a new contract

speaking of glenn, he has given lee clark's brother in law a full time scouting position at norwich.

jobsfortheboys

Paul Baker has quit Blue Star for Norwich? He is one of the good guys of NE football Paul Baker.

Wonder if still lives in Clarkies old house a few streets down from me & Janitor?

Not sure if its been posted but.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/05/08/BWINLiga-Veloso-chase-hots-up/

Newcastle United are understood to have entered the chase to sign Sporting star Miguel Veloso.

The highly-rated Portugal international has previously been linked with Manchester United and Tottenham but reports in his homeland claim Newcastle are the only club to make a firm approach for his services.

Sporting chief Filipe Soares Franco is extremely reluctant to allow the classy midfielder to leave and fresh terms are on the table in Lisbon.

However, sources suggest Newcastle are willing to offer around €20 million (around £15 million) for Veloso, with a five-year contract ready to be drawn up at St James' Park.

Sporting have previously suggested they would not sell for less than €30 million (£23.5 million) so any deal could still be a long way off.

Newcastle watched the 21-year-old in action during the Uefa Cup tie with Rangers at Ibrox and were impressed with his performance.

Nevertheless, manager Kevin Keegan has admitted it is difficult to persuade his targets to head for Tyneside with Luka Modric recently opting for Tottenham instead despite a more lucrative deal being tabled by The Magpies.

Keegan is to hold crunch talks with owner Mike Ashley after his recent comments about the harsh reality of the situation at the club amid reports that Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez's thoughts on the transfer market differ to those of the manager