Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest elbee909

Aston Villa are small shitty little team with no history at all. They've only ever done well in the past two seasons. They are like Wigan.

Don't recall Wigan winning the European Cup.

Aston Villa are small shitty little team with no history at all. They've only ever done well in the past two seasons. They are like Wigan.

Oh come on. Please don't tell me you're serious?

Biggest whoosh ever.

They have been total dogshit for about a decade, fans, ambition, players, league position, but the new owner has come in, got a great manager, took a chance and really has turned the club around. Well done to him, wish Ashley could do the same here.

Actually, it was their previous chairman, who all Villa fans hate, that got O'neill in.

The club was being bought by Lerner at the time, negotiations were going on for several months IIRC, MON came in, official takeover complete a week later.

Christ if Villa are a nothing club then what are we?

Shiteam is that you ??

Remind me who has finished above us over the past two seasons? Oh yeah, villa!

A Whole two seasons ! Fantastic !

Villa have a far more promising future than us.

Guest LucaAltieri

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they shite.

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they shite.

Right now they do.

They have the much better squad, a stable manager, are in momentum and regaining lost respect in the footballing world.

Guest LucaAltieri

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they shite.

Right now they do.

They have the much better squad, a stable manager, are in momentum and regaining lost respect in the footballing world.

And about to lose their best player.

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they s****.

Right now they do.

That was ultimately the point I was trying to prove.

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they shite.

Right now they do.

And? Villa will still finish ahead of us without Barry and be near £20m richer or have Bentley and Sidwell and take another leap away from us.

Guest LucaAltieri

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they shite.

Right now they do.

And? Villa will still finish ahead of us without Barry and be near £20m richer or have Bentley and Sidwell and take another leap away from us.

If they sign Bentley then fair enough... but until that happens (and I don't think for a second that it will) they don't have the draw that we do.

Last season Villa were hit and miss. We're probably on par with them but they certainly aren't streets ahead by any means. They've had a good couple of seasons but it'll be another thing all together for them to do well this season while playing in Europe.

I'm hungarian, so I've seen Juhasz a few times. He is average at best. He is good in the air, good at going forward, can score goals (he used to be a striker), but he is weak for a CB, and slow, plus there are problems with his concentration too, often makes brambleesque mistakes. We can find much better centre backs.

pretty much the same reaction from Anderlecht fans I asked recently.

I've always said Juhasz would suit perfectly at the EPL, but not at a top team. He's quite good header, as well defensively as offensively. But as he used to be a striker for a big part of his youth, he still makes defensive mistakes from time to time.

Aged 24 he has been capped 36 times for Hungary yet, scoring 3 times in those games.

41 page thread about him

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170134&page=40

Hürriyet, Turkey - 23 minutes ago

English club Newcastle United wants Turkish defender Servet Cetin, who kept playing with serious injuries in Euro 2008 matches. Newcastle is willing to pay ...

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/domestic/9209261.asp?gid=231&sz=82317

Magpies To Swoop For Samba?

Goal.com, Switzerland - 17 minutes ago

Toon boss Kevin Keegan is desperate to fix his side’s notoriously leaky defence once and for all this summer, and sources in England indicate he has ...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=741166

Guest Deep456

Newcastle, Man City target Arshavin coy on next move

tribalfootball.com - June 17, 2008

Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Andrei Arshavin is coy over talk of a move to the Premiership.

Newcastle and Manchester City are chasing the Russia international, who told Sport-Express last night: "At the moment I cannot tell you anything new."

Guest Deep456

Ajax rival Newcastle for Zaragoza's Aimar

Newcastle United remain in the frame for Real Zaragoza midfielder Pablo Aimar.

El Peridico de Aragon says Newcastle are battling a host of European clubs, including Ajax, Lazio and Hamburg to land the Argentina international.

Aimar wants a move away this summer following Zaragoza's relegation.

Guest Deep456

Newcastle make offer for Man City target Arshavin

Newcastle United have made a bid for Zenit St Petersburg midfielder Andrei Arshavin.

The Russia international's agent, Konstantin Sarsania, is actively touting the midfielder to Premiership clubs and has Newcastle and Manchester City both showing concrete interest.

Sport-Express says Newcastle have made a £9 million bid, though Zenit sources are convinced City are ready to make a better offer.

Magpies To Swoop For Samba?

Goal.com, Switzerland - 17 minutes ago

Toon boss Kevin Keegan is desperate to fix his side’s notoriously leaky defence once and for all this summer, and sources in England indicate he has ...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=741166

would be happy with that, he`s a ba$tard of a defender.....although if its between us and city i think he`ll  join up with Hughes again

Hürriyet, Turkey - 23 minutes ago

English club Newcastle United wants Turkish defender Servet Cetin, who kept playing with serious injuries in Euro 2008 matches. Newcastle is willing to pay ...

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/domestic/9209261.asp?gid=231&sz=82317

The yeti !!!! I f***ing knew it! Get him signed up

if you read the the article a it further down from the Servet Cetin story there`s some quotes from Wenger expressing his interest in Arda. Would have posted this in the Arda thread but it`s locked