Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

David Bentley has apparently told SSN that he wants to leave Blackburn. Probably off to a better team but would love to see him here.

Beat me to it. Be interesting to see where he ends up.

You'd have to hope we at least have a crack at signing him, though I'd be amazed to see him come here.

So he says he wants to play Champions League football or in Europe next year, so that pretty much rules us out.

I reckon he'll go to Liverpool.

They can't afford him

Says who?

Guest Action Verb

So he says he wants to play Champions League football or in Europe next year, so that pretty much rules us out.

They can't afford him

Man City can, they're in Europe and are managed by Hughes..

A midfield of Petrov - Johnson - Elano - Bentley. Top four-tastic.

They can't afford him

Top 6 tastic.

They can't afford him

All four can be very inconsitent tbh!

He said ages ago he wanted to play in Europe next season. Thats why I have been saying we don't have a chance of signing him only to be drowned out by "52,000 fans every week, bigger club" etc etc...

Elano was gash for half the season.

In his first season in the premiership. People are way too harsh on Elano. He already showed he could be outstanding in this league and just didn't quite have the stamina to maintain it over the full premier league season. I'm sure he will only get better and more consistent.

Elano was gash for half the season.

In his first season in the premiership. People are way too harsh on Elano. He already showed he could be outstanding in this league and just didn't quite have the stamina to maintain it over the full premier league season. I'm sure he will only get better and more consistent.

He knows, he was talking about the post that suggested Manchester City's midfield was top 4 material.

Does the Intertoto Cup for at least two matches (and only two if we don't sign some players beforehand) count as being "in Europe"?

Depends on who you draw.

I think we've got Odense from Denmark. Or Lisburn from Norn Iron.

Does the Intertoto Cup for at least two matches (and only two if we don't sign some players beforehand) count as being "in Europe"?

Depends on who you draw.

Yeah, don't worry that you haven't got any defenders with that kind of opposition. From past experience, all you need to kill of those ties are a couple of clinical midfielders/strikers.

They can't afford him

:lol: Not one of them could tackle a fish supper and Elano was shit for the lions share of the season. He had a good few months at the start of the season and then went missing.

That midfield would be walked all over. Not that Mark Hughes would ever dream of putting such a lightweight team out.

Those four, with a decent old school centre forward/target man (Huntelaar?) up front, with a player built like a brickhouse behind, would be quality.

Depends on who you draw.

Yeah, don't worry that you haven't got any defenders with that kind of opposition. From past experience, all you need to kill of those ties are a couple of clinical midfielders/strikers.

Tbf, it was Titus Bramble who helped us annihalite Ventspils to a football-equivalent of Hiroshima, 1-0 over two legs.

Guest BigAl2

They can't afford him

:lol: Not one of them could tackle a fish supper and Elano was s*** for the lions share of the season. He had a good few months at the start of the season and then went missing.

That midfield would be walked all over. Not that Mark Hughes would ever dream of putting such a lightweight team out.

Have to agree this midfield is too lightweight, but Petrov and Bentley out wide! a great combination.