Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Magpies To Swoop For Samba?

Goal.com, Switzerland - 17 minutes ago

Toon boss Kevin Keegan is desperate to fix his side’s notoriously leaky defence once and for all this summer, and sources in England indicate he has ...

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=741166

would be happy with that, he`s a ba$tard of a defender.....although if its between us and city i think he`ll  join up with Hughes again

Hürriyet, Turkey - 23 minutes ago

English club Newcastle United wants Turkish defender Servet Cetin, who kept playing with serious injuries in Euro 2008 matches. Newcastle is willing to pay ...

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/domestic/9209261.asp?gid=231&sz=82317

The yeti !!!! I f***ing knew it! Get him signed up

if you read the the article a it further down from the Servet Cetin story there`s some quotes from Wenger expressing his interest in Arda. Would have posted this in the Arda thread but it`s locked

Let sign another Turkish crock.

United 'target' staying at Celtic

Shields Gazette, UK - 48 minutes ago

Newcastle were reported to be preparing a £6m bid in the spring, but the striker's agent began talks over the new deal as soon as Celtic clinched their ...

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/United-target-staying-at-Celtic.4195060.jp

Sale of Muamba could not be refused, says McLeish

The Birmingham Post, UK - 37 minutes ago

... and speculation that Newcastle United and Wigan Athletic are preparing to test Blues’ resolve in keeping midfielders Sebastian Larsson and Olivier Kapo ...

http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/birmingham-city-fc/2008/06/18/sale-of-muamba-could-not-be-refused-says-mcleish-65233-21092214/

Guest MaetihS

Christ if Villa are a nothing club then what are we?

Shiteam is that you ??

nope not me. i will post as myself.

Would you consider Lennon a realistic target and would you want him if he was?

Realistic yes. Depends who the alternatives are though for whether I'd want him. I don't think he's a great deal more than Milner with pace.

Guest MaetihS

Shiteam is that you ??

Remind me who has finished above us over the past two seasons? Oh yeah, villa!

A Whole two seasons ! Fantastic !

Villa have a far more promising future than us.

Do they s****.

Right now they do.

They have the much better squad, a stable manager, are in momentum and regaining lost respect in the footballing world.

And about to lose their best player.

And? Villa will still finish ahead of us without Barry and be near £20m richer or have Bentley and Sidwell and take another leap away from us.

no matter how realistic i am, why would Bentley join Villa from Blackburn?? about the same standard.

Realistic yes. Depends who the alternatives are though for whether I'd want him. I don't think he's a great deal more than Milner with pace.

£7m for Milner, £5m for Lennon then I'd take it (assuming similar wages etc).

Lennons pace gives us a better option than Milner if we want to vary 4-3-3 and 4-4-2.

Also remember when Gillespie first signed he was all pace a varied end product. Only really kicked on after the summer. I know Lennon is a bit older, but given the right targets to aim for maybe...........

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they s****.

Right now they do.

They have the much better squad, a stable manager, are in momentum and regaining lost respect in the footballing world.

And? Villa will still finish ahead of us without Barry and be near £20m richer or have Bentley and Sidwell and take another leap away from us.

no matter how realistic i am, why would Bentley join Villa from Blackburn?? about the same standard.

Europe? Or the choice between Sam/McClown and O'Neill

Lennon,SWP or Milner, lets face it either of the first two are better than Milner, but are they realistic targets, I don't think so.

Spuds won't flog Lennon and I think SWP would rather stay put.

At least you get an end product out of Milner sometimes, even if it does take him longer to get into an attacking position.

Guest MaetihS

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they s****.

Right now they do.

ok a long time since i am positive. i say we are in for a shout if Bentley considers Villa. no harm trying.

i think milner's a bloody underrated crosser of the ball, doesn't help when the tallest guy we've had up front is viduka, who is about 4 yards behind play at the best of times.

Crouch would struggle at times to reach a Milner cross, other times he could bruise the knee's of a dwarf. I like Milner I do but there is nowhere near enough end product from him, sad fact is we need better.

Lennon,SWP or Milner, lets face it either of the first two are better than Milner, but are they realistic targets, I don't think so.

Spuds won't flog Lennon and I think SWP would rather stay put.

I don't share your confidence.

Shiteam is that you ??

Do they s****.

Right now they do.

ok a long time since i am positive. i say we are in for a shout if Bentley considers Villa. no harm trying.

First attempt and I think I've broken him!