Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest sondre

Elmander played well (out of position) tonight against Spain. He's big, got pace and workrate. Believe he would fit right in up front for us. Wont be to expensive either.

Is this the biggest thread in forum history?

Not sure, it's completely gone off topic though if we're considering Van der Vaart as a realistic summer target.. ;)

I was looking for the "Unrealistic Summer Targets" thread before I posted the link, but didn't see it. Yeah, it's definately not going to happen, but I didn't want to start a new thread over a silly rumour.

Shaun Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole

Scolari likes wingers, witness Cristiano Ronaldo, Simao and Quaresma, but he is said to have been unimpressed by these two for England whenever he has seen them. Wright-Phillips has not trained on since he arrived from Manchester City three years ago. Cole can be brilliant, but he’s too often flattered to deceive.

Would anyone have Joe Cole? Might be worth a bid. Keegan would get a lot more out of him I feel. I would prefer him to SWP I think.

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/06/arsenal-want-sp.html

Arsenal join queue for Plymouth striker

GUNNERS SPEAR TOON DEAL

ARSENAL have emerged as rivals to Newcastle for Plymouth striker Aaron Spear.

Toon director of football Dennis Wise has agreed terms with the Championship club for the 15-year-old.

But the Gunners, who swooped this week for another Aaron - Cardiff midfielder Ramsey - in a £5m deal, have turned their sights to the Championship again after being alerted to Spear's potential.

Pilgrims chief executive Michael Dunford said: "Newcastle and one other Premier League club have expressed an interest in Aaron Spear.

"He has been given permission to speak to them. We would like to keep him, but the lad appears adamant that he wants to talk to the Premier League clubs.

"We are waiting to hear from Newcastle whether they have decided to sign him."

Newcastle had 17-year-old Ramsey lined up for a £500,000 move to Tyneside two years ago, but the deal fell through.

Why would we never get him? It seems Chelsea are shipping him out.

Relistically I'm not sure any of the other top 4 clubs would be in for him.

At the very worst our competition would be Spurs, Man City and Everton.

I think he would be one who would love to play for Keegan and would be familiar with what Keegan is all about.

Guest ALNO1

Would we be interested in Tom Huddlestone?

You'd have to ask Kevin.

Rumours doing the rounds that he is so would we?

Would we be interested in Tom Huddlestone?

You'd have to ask Kevin.

Rumours doing the rounds that he is so would we?

Rumours doing the rounds on a lot of players, however I do think he's the sort of player he would be interested in.