Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Berbatov

Whoosh?

Aye, fly him in.

:lol: Seriously?

Couldn't see him making the step down tbh.

It is a possibility, but I wouldn't say it was realistic. He loved Shearer and said he would love to walk out wearing the number 9 at St James IIRC. So he might, but I seriously doubt it. Quality striker though.

Please don't bring up this debate again :(

What debate? Sorry I don't really post regularly on here...

Guest jcricthon

Aaron Lennon.

no thanks

Massive improvement on Milner, would add some much needed pace and directness (is that really a word?) to the team. Would be a, potentially, very good signing imo. If the gossip column is right about Ramos listening to offers we could probably get him for £8m or less. Well worth looking into.

Lennon better than Milner my arse! He can run quick......"big whoop wanna fight about it?"

Lennon positives - Fast

Lennon negatives - Can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot, can't tackle, can't read the game, fancies himself as a gangster, obviously a c**t (likewise Giles Barnes)

Aaron Lennon.

no thanks

Massive improvement on Milner, would add some much needed pace and directness (is that really a word?) to the team. Would be a, potentially, very good signing imo. If the gossip column is right about Ramos listening to offers we could probably get him for £8m or less. Well worth looking into.

Lennon better than Milner my arse! He can run quick......"big whoop wanna fight about it?"

Lennon positives - Fast

Lennon negatives - Can't pass, can't cross, can't shoot, can't tackle, can't read the game, fancies himself as a gangster, obviously a c**t (likewise Giles Barnes)

:jesuswept:

Aaron Lennon.

no thanks

Lennon positives - Fast

You would think they might ask for NZogbia in any sort of deal or else it might be hands off. Would anyone want a swap deal involving those two?

I think Lennon's quality. I'd definitely take him here.

Lennon reminds me of a young Kieron Dyer, lightening quick with a decent footballing brain to go with it, some of the one touch football he plays at Spurs is excellent, his crossing can be poor at times but having the pace he's got means he won't have to cross it into a packed penalty box as much.

Lennon's crossing is poor most of the time and he puts the ball into the penalty area irrespective of whether there is a Spurs player there to receive it.

Let's say I'm not his biggest fan! 

FWIW I  believe Ramos is not too keen on him either but Levy determines whether a player is sold by the asking price he puts on him.  I don't think Lennon will be going anywhere but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Aaron Lennon.

no thanks

Lennon positives - Fast

You would think they might ask for NZogbia in any sort of deal or else it might be hands off. Would anyone want a swap deal involving those two?

I would prefer Diego Capel to N'Zogbia tbh.

Guest kingdawson

Im quite sure Lennon managed 10 assists last season and has got quite a few this year despite his "crossing being poor".

Im quite sure Lennon managed 10 assists last season and has got quite a few this year despite his "crossing being poor".

Can he not pass a ball as well, are all his assists through crossing?

If any players is linked with a move away from Spurs Jol turns on them and makes out they're shite.

I remember when we were linked with Mido when his loan spell had ended with your lot and Jol was like "The worst attitude on a Spurs player in years" and "The only club I'd wish him on is Arsenal" etc, then when he came back and joined your lot on a permanent deal it was "Mido's staying!  :celb:"

:lol:

Maybe, but he still doesn't make the most of his natural talent.  I'd much rather have someone with lesser ability but with more desire to perform at the highest level he is capable of playing at.

If any players is linked with a move away from Spurs Jol turns on them and makes out they're s****.

I remember when we were linked with Mido when his loan spell had ended with your lot and Jol was like "The worst attitude on a Spurs player in years" and "The only club I'd wish him on is Arsenal" etc, then when he came back and joined your lot on a permanent deal it was "Mido's staying!  :celb:"

I said he was barrel of lard and nothing has changed there!

If any players is linked with a move away from Spurs Jol turns on them and makes out they're shite.

I remember that, he said he was about 47 stone then someone posted a recent picture of him and he looked in his best shape ever (still about 30 stone but hey!).

Guest kingdawson

Most, if not all the assist i remember last season was from a cross (except West ham away which was an acrobatic lay back to tainio). He's very good at low, drilled crosses but not as good with his high cross delivery (altough he's made a fair few assist with high crosses).

The thing is, when you're as fast and direct as he is you don't need to be that good at crossing because when he's getting into the position to put the ball in the opposition defence are usually still out of position, Milner on the other hand usually puts his crosses in when the penalty box is packed because it's taken him longer to get into position.

Jol's right though, Lennon's attitude isn't great. Thinks he's better than he is, show boating and not playing, those kind of things would drive Ramos mad.

Hit a wall in terms of development as well, he's not getting any better since he burst onto the scene.

I'd still have him here though if the spuds wanted rid.

The thing is, when you're as fast and direct as he is you don't need to be that good at crossing because when he's getting into the position to put the ball in the opposition defence are usually still out of position, Milner on the other hand usually puts his crosses in when the penalty box is packed because it's taken him longer to get into position.

That's if they reach/beat the first man of course.

Guest kingdawson

Jol's right though, Lennon's attitude isn't great. Thinks he's better than he is, show boating and not playing, those kind of things would drive Ramos mad.

Hit a wall in terms of development as well, he's not getting any better since he burst onto the scene.

I'd still have him here though if the spuds wanted rid.

Where are you getting this from?

lennon is better now than milner will ever be, as well as having more potential to improve and being 2 years younger. he is pretty skillful and very, very fast. his crossing itself is not amazing but because of the positions he gets into they're inherently better than milner's lofted pigeon-messages from 50 yards out. he'd be the kind of winger Owen is crying out for and adds the pace the team is severly lacking. i'd say his biggest weakness is that he doesn't get enough power behind his shots and despite the good positions he can get into when cutting inside, doesn't take advantage of space around the box.