Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Newcastle after Luka Modric? price tag 20-30 M Euro, media in Croatia are saying that Tottenham are close to signing him for 23 M Euros but Newcastle are willing to pay more.

No link sorry as its from a Croatian newcastle fan on another forum I post at...anyways it would be in Croatian if there was a link :lol:

Guest Baxter

Eurosport newsflash "Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp expresses desire for Liverpool striker Peter Crouch"  :yikes:

What about Ruud Van Horseface, dont think he'd demand a huge fee, would no doubt that he'd score stupid amounts ad would be a good name to have in the side. I know he's on the older side but i think id take him over Henry.

What about Ruud Van Horseface, dont think he'd demand a huge fee, would no doubt that he'd score stupid amounts ad would be a good name to have in the side. I know he's on the older side but i think id take him over Henry.

Would love it - but Real would never let him go...at least not next season.

He was practically scoring all the goals for them until he got injured.

Still forst choice at Madrid when fit

I'd take Crouch here.

So under rated as a footballer. Would prefer someone more creative mind.

Agree.

See the thread I created in the summer and the abuse I got. :lol:

Some reason he is rated *very* low on here. He always is a threat with the ball at his feet, and has improved his aerial game immensely.

I'd take Crouch here.

Dont think Keegan would want Crouch though. I persoanlly dont like him, i dont think he's a player that scares defendes but is a very awkward attacker. Dont think he has any outstanding attribtues, no real pace, no great strength, his heading is surprisingly poor, one good thing about him s that to be fair to him, his link up play is pretty good.

In my opinion Keegan wont sign anyone who hasnt got an outstanding attribute, be it pace, skill or link up play.

Still forst choice at Madrid when fit

True, but at that age surely they will be looking at other options, the man will have his price, and im sure it will be a reasonable one as well.

Someone like him id have no problem having here, doesnt have much baggage with him and is a proven goalscorer at every single level. Still world class in my opinion and not the type of player who is looking for a last pay check.

Having said all that, he'd probably still only have 2 years as a top class striker left in him, so paying £8-12m for him may not be the best bit of business.

Newcastle after Luka Modric? price tag 20-30 M Euro, media in Croatia are saying that Tottenham are close to signing him for 23 M Euros but Newcastle are willing to pay more.

No link sorry as its from a Croatian newcastle fan on another forum I post at...anyways it would be in Croatian if there was a link :lol:

Dynamo Zagreb President Zdravko Mamic met with Levy and Comolli at WHL on Tuesday.  Modric was the reason for the meeting, the fee wanted is £18m (don't know how that equates to €'s)  but I wouldn't say that Spurs are close to signing him, just very interested.  They are also very interested in signing Danijel Pranjic from Heerenveen though it's today been reported that Ajax also want him.  A Croatian MF next season??

Guest GAMMELL

Dynamo Zagreb President Zdravko Mamic met with Levy and Comolli at WHL on Tuesday.  Modric was the reason for the meeting, the fee wanted is £18m (don't know how that equates to €'s)  but I wouldn't say that Spurs are close to signing him, just very interested.  They are also very interested in signing Danijel Pranjic from Heerenveen though it's today been reported that Ajax also want him.  A Croatian MF next season??

Do you work for Sun Sport or what MJ?  :pow:

Guest jcricthon

I'd take Crouch here.

Agree.

Some reason he is rated *very* low on here. He always is a threat with the ball at his feet, and has improved his aerial game immensely.

Peter CROUCH CROUCH CROUCH.

I'd love to see him here, agree with you lads, I can't understand why he's so under-rated, not only on here, but everywhere you go theres Crouch haters.

He's like Marmite, or Vegemite, or whatever that rank spread is, you either love him or you hate him. I hate that stuff, I love Crouch though!

I'd take Crouch here.

Agree.

Peter CROUCH CROUCH CROUCH.

I'd love to see him here, agree with you lads, I can't understand why he's so under-rated, not only on here, but everywhere you go theres Crouch haters.

He's like Marmite, or Vegemite, or whatever that rank spread is, you either love him or you hate him. I hate that stuff, I love Crouch though!

can't run or jump.  he ain't even strong so cant even hold the ball up well.

He lives on April 1st everyday that lad.

Dynamo Zagreb President Zdravko Mamic met with Levy and Comolli at WHL on Tuesday.  Modric was the reason for the meeting, the fee wanted is £18m (don't know how that equates to 's)  but I wouldn't say that Spurs are close to signing him, just very interested.  They are also very interested in signing Danijel Pranjic from Heerenveen though it's today been reported that Ajax also want him.  A Croatian MF next season??

No and I don't work for the Times either.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/tottenham/article3716692.ece

Tottenham out to get creative with move for playmaker Luka Modric

Gary Jacob

Tottenham Hotspur have held discussions with Dynamo Zagreb about the possibility of signing Luka Modric. Officials from the North London club met their Croatian counterparts on Tuesday in an effort to steal a march on other Barclays Premier League sides chasing the signature of the Croatia midfield player.

Juande Ramos, the Tottenham head coach, was unable to persuade Tiago, the Portugal and former Chelsea holding midfield player, to join the club in January from Juventus. He has since come to the conclusion that he needs a more creative player in the centre of midfield and that is now one of his primary ambitions for this summer's transfer window.

Zdravko Mamic, the Zagreb president, has priced Modric at about £18million and has spoken to several other English clubs, including Manchester City, Chelsea and Newcastle United. Modric, 22, was instrumental in helping his country to beat England 3-2 in the crucial European Championship qualifying match at Wembley in November, a defeat that led to Steve McClaren's departure as England head coach. Modric's vision and passing have earned praise from many observers and he can play on the left side of midfield or as a playmaker behind the forwards.

Ramos's priority is to sign at least one goalkeeper, two defenders, a midfield player and a forward. Carlos Kameni is one of the leading contenders among the goalkeepers that remain under consideration. The Espanyol player can be bought for €6million (about £4.7million), but a potential deal has become considerably more expensive in recent months because the pound has fallen almost 9 per cent in value against the euro on currency exchange markets this year.

Ramos has shown interest in Diego López, the Villarreal goalkeeper, who came through the Real Madrid youth system and was the second choice behind Iker Casillas at the Bernabéu for two seasons. The 26-year-old has since established himself at Villarreal, where he has three years left on his contract, which includes a release clause of about £27 million.

Marco Amelia, the Livorno goalkeeper who was in Italy's World Cup squad in 2006, has claimed that Tottenham were close to signing him in January. He attracted interest from Manchester City last summer. Tottenham have watched Maarten Stekelenburg, but have doubts about the Ajax goalkeeper.

Tottenham could also need a second-choice goalkeeper, with Radek Cerny expected to leave at the end of the season, but Ben Alnwick may be promoted. Alnwick has yet to play for Tottenham, but has been on loan at Luton Town, of Coca-Cola League One, and Leicester City, of the Championship, this season.

Cuellar is playing tonight if anyone is interested.

Ive seen a fair bit of him this season, wifes family are all "people", and have to say hes a no nonsense centre half. Has looked more than useful for most of the season. Admittedly in a weaker league,............ allegedly :razz:

May well be worth a punt. Ramage in swap deal..................... :coolsmiley:

Cuellar is playing tonight if anyone is interested.

Ive seen a fair bit of him this season, wifes family are all "people", and have to say hes a no nonsense centre half. Has looked more than useful for most of the season. Admittedly in a weaker league,............ allegedly :razz:

May well be worth a punt. Ramage in swap deal..................... :coolsmiley:

This, but as i've said before, he shouldn't be compared to Boumsong as he is twice as good as he was in the SPL. And he's played in La Liga for a few years to don't forget! Thought Rangers defensive effort tonight was top notch, even Christian Dailly put in a superb performance!