Second Favourite Teams?

ChrisJbarnes

I wouldn't say I have a "second team", I'm always going to support Newcastle, and hope to god we beat whoever we're playing, however I do have teams I'll look out for.  I became good mates with a few lads at uni who are Sheff Wed daft, and so I look out for their results.  We can also sympathise with each other at the minute as they're definitely facing a relegation battle, while we are in danger of being dragged into one ourselves.  It means we can drown our sorrows together.

Its a similar story for Charlton.  I have a load of relatives from London, who all seem to support different teams.  However I'm able to get along the easiest with my relatives who are Charlton fans, rather than those who support Chelsea and Spurs, probably because they're not up their own arses like the other two.

So yeah, I wouldn't call Sheff Wed and Charlton "second favourite teams", just teams that I want to see do well for the benefit of people I know who support them.  Likewise they do for Newcastle United and myself.

I once bought some Burnley shorts because they were cheap.

:lol: pointless story, but related to that.  Does anyone remember when JJB first opened on the Team Valley - all it sold was football kits at dirt cheap prices.

I used to play football on Sunday mornings with kids (I must've been about 10) who were kitted out in full Millwall/Plymouth/Wolves kits just because they could buy the shirt, shorts and socks for about £15.

Heck, I even had a lovely luminous Borussia Dortmund top that they had lurking in there just because they'd won the Champions League a few years earlier.

I once bought some Burnley shorts because they were cheap.

:lol: pointless story, but related to that.  Does anyone remember when JJB first opened on the Team Valley - all it sold was football kits at dirt cheap prices.

I used to play football on Sunday mornings with kids (I must've been about 10) who were kitted out in full Millwall/Plymouth/Wolves kits just because they could buy the shirt, shorts and socks for about £15.

Heck, I even had a lovely luminous Borussia Dortmund top that they had lurking in there just because they'd won the Champions League a few years earlier.

I remember I did the same, but Sports Soccer, old Valenica tops and that dirt cheap, Champions League edition Ajax top for £20.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Hartlepool, Newcastle Jets.

The Hartlepool one is through my dad.  He knew someone who was on their board.  And the Newcastle Jets one is a recent addition after youtubing them.  They have mint fans and seem to be canny good as well.

well, i like kaiserslautern just for their logo!  http://www.soccerway.com/teams/germany/1-fc-kaiserslautern/home

i just like to have a laugh with that big old logo right out there saying, " 1 FCK"   

it's immature certainly, but it's not like football isn't a game after all...

I've got a Kiaserslautern shirt (got friend in germany who support them) and its class really ncie shirt and has the longest sponsor name ive ever seen with "Deutsche Vermögensberatung" on the fornt.

As for foreign teams

Barca and Valencia and Kaiserslautern, dont really follow italian leagues.

Yeovil Town... but this season i'd love to see Bristol City go up. Gave a little cheer when they equalised against Palace the other night there in the last minute. I think Gary Johnson's a brilliant manager.

Conference to League 2 to League 1 with Yeovil;

League 1 to Championship with Bristol City and on the brink of Premiership promotion?

All in successive seasons. Brilliant achievement esepcially considering the clubs in question. Quality manager.

Guest kingdawson

Other than Fulham, i've always had a soft spot for:

Sheffield Wednesday :used to always cheer them on when i was a little kid and had a David hurst :doh: poster on my wall(next to the spurs posters of course)

Qpr : Used to live in Ladbroke grove which is about 15 minutes away from White City.

Also had a soft spot for Lazio until i found out that there fans would probably kill me and use my head as a football if they ever saw me :thdn:

I support Toronto FC, as they're the closest thing I have to a local club. I've also got a thing for Inverness CT, mostly because I want to move to Inverness some day.

As for this question of why someone would cheer for Newcastle who doesn't live there, I absolutely hate glory hunters here in Canada who cheer for Manchester United or Chelsea, simply because they win cups. My grandfather was born in Newcastle, and that's who I support come hell or high water.

Guest kingdawson

I like Lazio.

I do to tbh, it's just the fascist element that puts me off.

Was a s*** joke pal. ;)

Oh ok, took me a couple of minutes to get it  :lol:

Guest eyeball

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the f*** is that all about.

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!  :indi:

:angel:

Why would you want to support a team form somewhere you weren't from?

Second teams from anywhere is bad enough, but another in the EPL, as the first poster clearly has, is mental.

My lads both support Newcastle - both born and live in London. Are you saying they shouldn't? Given that I'm from Newcastle and the local EPL team is West Ham, their choice makes total sense to me.

I just can't understand how anyone has a "second favourite club" what the f*** is that all about.

what about teams from other leagues?  :sad1: people surely can have a favorite from la liga or whatever.  just have to be all NUFC should we meet in the intertoto!  :indi:

:angel:

Why would you want to support a team form somewhere you weren't from?

Second teams from anywhere is bad enough, but another in the EPL, as the first poster clearly has, is mental.

My lads both support Newcastle - both born and live in London. Are you saying they shouldn't? Given that I'm from Newcastle and the local EPL team is West Ham, their choice makes total sense to me.

that i understand...i have a mate,a plastic geordie scouser,glory hunter of the old school,liverpool and when it comes to football we don't really get on...but i can understand his kids supporting liverpool (2 do,1 doesn't) as that is how they have been brought up.