Keegan Challenge For Milner

Tooj

Guest nufc_geordie

He's not a very good player, he's average with the potential to be good. Get someone else in Kev.

Thats a pretty brave statement mate considerig we have nobody else that can play in that role. He is a good player and at the beginning of this season when we were winning games he was one of the better players around. Another case of lets find a scapegoat. There are other players to replace in order to improve the squad before I would consider getting a replacement for Milner and they list as:

GK

2 x CM

1 x CF

Maybe even 2 full backs.

These are far more important than replacing Milner as far as I'm concerned.

The real reason people are crying for creativity in central midfield is because our wingers aren't. Get someone genuinely creative on the right (as our left hand side is more direct and effective than the right), then we just need to sort our midfield backbone through a decent, physically good DM who doesn't waste possession (Think of a combination of Geremi and Faye), then get a ball playing centre half (unless Kadar is almost ready), then get a physically imposing striker, then get a keeper, then get a left back.

you'll find that whenever our wide men get the ball (esp 30yds or so from goal) they have to contend with 2 defenders because of the lack of movement/poor movement from the central midfielders or full backs. our lack of movement throughout the team has made us very easy to defend against.it doesn't even need a bucketful of pace just basic footbaling nouse.

Agree with that. Milner is a clever player, whenever he plays with the U21s he unlocks doors and is creative. This Newcastle team is so static that players don't have an option. This isn't a new thing this went on when Bowyer was here. I got sick and tired of people slagging him off but for the runs he made we had nobody of the required quality to pick him out.

No. 1 problem with Newcastle is that our players are too static. Arsenal are not the quickest team in the world but they are good. It's all about movement and pace of thought, something we are lacking.

I cant wait till Saturday and there's an actual match to discuss rather than these endless and tedious "big ups" by the Keegmeister.

I cant wait till Saturday and there's an actual match to discuss rather than these endless and tedious "big ups" by the Keegmeister.

Amen to that.

Bearing in mind who we are playing on Saturday, it might be better to hide in these sort of threads rather than hang round the post-match ones though.

Very disturbed about the general dismissive attitude towards Milner.

Two main factors contribute I think: the fact that he's not a pacy player and the rise to prominence of David Bentley and Ashley Young.

People are on his back all the time about being slow but while Pace may be a major part of today's game, not everyone on the team has to be an Olympic level sprinter. There is still certainly a place for wingers with a good work rate and technique who can offer a lot of coverage down one side and occasionally beat the last man with a feint. Aside from that, he's also got a damn good shot and a creative element to his game that our other players are sorely lacking (as previous posters have mentioned.)

Milner's also had horrible luck in having to come up alongside a whole host of talented young right wingers, such as Bentley, Young, and Lennon to a lesser extent. Is he in the same class as Bentley or Young? probably not. But he's a decent asset for any side and it is just foolish of us to turn our nose up to him considering the state we're in. The fact that Brummie has mentioned a couple of times that he'd have Milner back at Villa in a shot says it all really.

Overall he's a decent above-average player who definitely contributes to our squad. What he's done for the club so far alone should be enough to make him a hero (if the Viduka-Milner deal had went through in 2006, it'd be us that Roeder and Clarkie would be guiding to promotion in the Championship.) Who knows, he still may have some untapped potential that could make him a very good player one day. He's certainly not ever going to tap into it if our "fans" keep trying to chase him out.

Considering who we're playing I'd think I'd rather have the big ups.

Milner is a lot more pacey than most people on here give him credit for. He's also one of our best players, not in terms of "potential, the way people think Duff has the "potential" to be a good player for us, which he so far hasn't, but in actual performance. He does more for us than N'Zogbia, but he just isn't as exciting to watch.

Milner is a lot more pacey than most people on here give him credit for. He's also one of our best players, not in terms of "potential, the way people think Duff has the "potential" to be a good player for us, which he so far hasn't, but in actual performance. He does more for us than N'Zogbia, but he just isn't as exciting to watch.

"Milner" and "pacey" ..................

N'Zogbia has more goals and more assists this season and has played half his games at bloody left back!

N'Zogbia has more goals and more assists this season and has played half his games at bloody left back!

1 more goal isn't it and assists can be counted from an over hit pass or a miskick.(i'd also say milner has done more defensive work than n'zogbia as he still seems like he couldn't give a fuck)

milner has just about been our best player this season and n'zogbia is surviving on the reputation of his first full seasons form.

milner has just about been our best player this season

:lol:

Milner hasn't been particularly great but that statement isn't far from the truth in my opinion; i don't get what's so funny about it. Especially if Nicky Butt is our 'Mr Consistency'. What's the shortlist? Milner, N'Zogbia - Beye and Faye?

I don't think he's been the best player but it's not a stupid comment. We've been shite on the whole this season.

For the record i'd say that Beye has probably been our best performer.

Milner hasn't been particularly great but that statement isn't far from the truth in my opinion; i don't get what's so funny about it. Especially if Nicky Butt is our 'Mr Consistency'. What's the shortlist? Milner, N'Zogbia - Beye and Faye?

I don't think he's been the best player but it's not a stupid comment. We've been shite on the whole this season.

For the record i'd say that Beye has probably been our best performer.

He's been fuckin dreadful man, one of our worst performers out of the lads who get a game on a regular basis.

But he does try hard bless him.

unfortunate but who's been better ?

Faye, Beye, Cacapa, Taylor, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen, Viduka off the top of my head.

Milner has been shocking all season and the only decent game he's had was against Villa.

Faye, Beye, Cacapa, Taylor, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen, Viduka off the top of my head.

Milner has been shocking all season and the only decent game he's had was against Villa.

righto (give you beye actaually)

I've said this before but, has Zog actually had an impact on any games beyond maybe the first 4 of the season? I mean,  he's had some decent runs but hasn't actually produced anything, much like Milner.

I've said this before but, has Zog actually had an impact on any games beyond maybe the first 4 of the season? I mean,  he's had some decent runs but hasn't actually produced anything, much like Milner.

you're not allowed to say that

I know he's not really anything special but the amount of vitriol and the overly dismissive attitudes shown towards him by some are a bit harsh in my opinion.

He's a decent player. I'd be lying if I said I'd want him starting games if we had a better replacement but we don't for the time being so he'll get my full support.

I know he's not really anything special but the amount of vitriol and the overly dismissive attitudes shown towards him by some are a bit harsh in my opinion.

He's a decent player. I'd be lying if I said I'd want him starting games if we had a better replacement but we don't for the time being so he'll get my full support.

I think everyone here will give him their full support and hope that he can grow the talent to match his effort.

I don't believe there is much real vitriol towards him.

It's just when week in week out commentators rave on about him and he clearly is nowhere near England's top 5 in that position (let alone a spot on the field), and is in fact quite dire, it really grates.

This has all the signs of being KK just talking him up so he can onsell him at a good price next year. If he managed to swindle him a full national team cap on the way it would add another few million pounds to the transfer fee. Canny. Pity that baboon Mclaren isn't still in charge or it probably would have worked.