Aiden McGeady

Guest sicko2ndbest

There isn't a Scotsman alive worth £12m

Thought this was a thread about McGeady?  O0

He is Scotish.

Well i guess he was born Scottish but he chose to represent Ireland so that makes him Irish to me.

That makes him a Irish international footballer, not a Irishman.

oK i stand corrected, i was just thinking of him in footballing terms however.

I wouldn't be surprised if N'Zogbia changes his mind about going after hearing Keegan already has his eye on a replacement.

If this rumour actually holds any water, it's enough evidence for me that N'Zogbia's already gone.

Guest Sniffer

Hopefully n'zogbia will show what he can do between now and the end of the season and give me a reason to want him to stay. Tend to agree with baggio.

£12m's a bit steep like...

I haven't seen an awful lot of him, only occassionally and my Celtic-supporting Grandad thinks he's the absolute business.

Didn't he get both assists against Barcelona the other night? That ball in for Robson was absolutely spot on, even though Robson still had a lot to do (2nd goal). It was a great goal on the whole, tbh. McGeady spotted the run - inch perfect timing, inch perfect distance, height, the lot. Was really impressed with him in that first half.

Naylor set-up the first goal. With what I thought was the better cross of the two.

One of my mates is a big Celtic fan, he reckons McGeady is quality.

Not that it means much, but the lad was the best player on the park in that friendly we played against them last summer.

£12m's a bit steep like...

I haven't seen an awful lot of him, only occassionally and my Celtic-supporting Grandad thinks he's the absolute business.

Didn't he get both assists against Barcelona the other night? That ball in for Robson was absolutely spot on, even though Robson still had a lot to do (2nd goal). It was a great goal on the whole, tbh. McGeady spotted the run - inch perfect timing, inch perfect distance, height, the lot. Was really impressed with him in that first half.

Naylor set-up the first goal. With what I thought was the better cross of the two.

One of my mates is a big Celtic fan, he reckons McGeady is quality.

Ah yes it was wasn't it. And yeah, as brilliant a ball as it was, that one was a 'typical' cross. McGeady's was from deeper and at a different angle and took more guile imo.

Both quality goals anyhow.

I was thinking he was younger and KK may have know him through some contacts of youth football with his soccer circus.

McGeady has been on most UK club radars since he was schoolboy, he is one of them players that has always been known of & greatness has been expected.

Key the lads name into Youtube & see some of his skills.

He can run with the ball and he can create things

Not worth 12 million quid though!

After looking at my orginal response, I would now like to add I would deffo give them 12 million & maybe as deal clincher offer them anyone of one of our Irish bods.

It was in the News of the World last sunday that we wanted him (Also for £12m). Personally I'm not convinced, I don't watch the SPL (Where apparently he is fantastic) but I've seen him play plenty of times for Ireland and he's never really done owt. He must be playing well at the moment tho cos I went on a Celtic forum to see what they thought, they all reckoned hes worth miles more than £12m and he can do much better than MCFC....

and today...they get word of this story...

http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63573&st=20

"This kid idn't leaving for the Man Citys or Newcastles or Aston Villas of this world. He's destined for much greater things."

"McGeady has a higher opinion of himself than Newcastle and Celtic have a higher valuation in mind than 12m."

"When he does leave it won't be to some mid table EPL team."

...etc.

Heard all those kind of comments before about Barry Ferguson and Stilian Petrov- too good to sign for Blackburn and Villa when in reality it's fairer to say that the opposite was true.

From what I've seen McGeady is very talented but how much of an end product  he comes up with has  always been questioned. He's not worth £12m, nevermind more than that.

Guest Mucky01

Duff + Carr + Given for McGeady and I would be a very happy man quite frankly.

oh yeah right scottish football can afford any of their wages! dream on, most SPL games have less than 5,000 fans! And no Sky money!!

Keegan has been promised a s50m war chest to rebuild his firstteam squad when the transfer market reopens for business and is keen to draw up a list of priority targets as early as possible.

Need more than that fucker.