Aiden McGeady

Guest sicko2ndbest

• 3 weeks later...
ROY KEANEwill go head to head with Kevin Keegan in a £10million battle for Celtic winger Aiden McGeady.

Keane will be handed a £50m close-season transfer kitty to fund his long-term bid to transform the Black Cats into a Premier League force.

Newcastle v Reading: Full report and pictures

Fulham v Sunderland: Full report and pictures

The former Manchester United and Celtic star hopes to use his massive influence to help lure Republic of Ireland international McGeady to the Stadium of Light - along with the promise of near doubled wages of £45,000-a-week - as the centre-piece of his rebuilding plans to prove Sunderland's ability to land Europe's top talent.

McGeady has been labelled one of the best players in the world by Barcelona star Lionel Messi, and Keane faces stiff competition should the 21-year-old opt to move south of the border for a crack at the Premier League.

Newcastle are one of the clubs certain to rival the Black Cats, and Keegan has kept a close eye on the versatile youngster, sending right-hand man Terry McDermott to run the rule over the Celtic starlet several times this season.

With the backing of billionaire owner Mike Ashley's bottomless pit of cash, Keegan can match Keane's spending power

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/aiden-10m-battl.html

• 2 weeks later...

& the Celtic love in continues!

Absolute joke that this has happened, Ceullar has been head and shoulders above anyone in the division this season, highlighted by his performances in Europe and Old Firm matches, whereas McGeady has gone missing in most of the high profile games!

Really, really hope the Keane wins the 'race' to sign him, 10 - 12 mil could be spent SO much better, Diego wouldnt cost much more FFS!

Just to make a comparison for anyone who doesnt follow scottish football, that 'world star' Shaun Maloney won the same double awards in 2006, that really is the comparison for you to make, McGeady is no better!

Stay well clear King Kev!

(rant over!)

Guest Knightrider

I was in that part of the world last week talking to a Celtic fan and he told me McGeady has a lot of potential but wouldn't cut it at the level we'd be hoping to reach as his decision making and end product are poor.

There's nothing in Scotland but backup quality players over priced and over hyped in a 4th rate league.

Everton got a bargain in Arteta. How they picked him out i don't know.

There's nothing in Scotland but backup quality players over priced and over hyped in a 4th rate league.

Everton got a bargain in Arteta. How they picked him out i don't know.

Didn't Everton buy Arteta from Spain?

Yeah, he played for rangers for 1 season, won us the league with the coolest of cool penalties, then claimed homesickness, went back to Real Sociedad, played well for a year, then Everton snapped him up!

Best mates with Xabi Alonso so his mate may have put the noises out on him!

At the same time Moyes has a fantastic record of picking players out from nowhere/taking a chance : Arteta, Cahill, Johnson, Jagielka, Lescott, Pienaar!

At present I honestly believe only 3 players could move to a top premiership club and be a success, Cuellar, McGregor (gers keeper) and Boruc ( hate the tw*t but he is a damn good keeper!)

Saw him in the game against Rangers on Wednesday and he wasn't playing well at all. He can't beat his man an he was dispossessed every time he got the ball.

I wouldn't want him here. Don't care what Messi says.

To be fair, he gets double marked everywhere he goes in Scotland because Celtic have nothing down the right hand side.  That wouldn't happen if he was playing in a team with good quality players in other positions.

Just to make a comparison for anyone who doesnt follow scottish football, that 'world star' Shaun Maloney won the same double awards in 2006, that really is the comparison for you to make, McGeady is no better!

I think Maloney is a tidy little player, but he's only that.  I think its fair to say that McGeady would probably fall into the same category, and we could do much better.  Typical waste of money from someone who's diabolical in the transfer market, Keane.  Nobody should race Sunderland to sign anyone, the fact that they're in for a player means stay clear!

Guest smarty2006

i rate McGeady, but if we are after a tricky lightweight player from Celtic, i'd rather take Nakamura

Nakamura would be choice!  O0

To be fair that doesn't sound like his fault at all.

what i was going to say, he got attacked therefore he's trouble?

What would you say If Steven Taylor went out drinking in Sunderland after we just beat them 2-0 and got into a fight that he didn't start?

I'd call him a fuking fool tbh, and that he brought it on himself.

Lad should show more common sense than to do that.