Newcastle United 1 - 5 Manchester United - 23/2/08 - post match from page 26

James

Steven Taylor is miles away from the finished article.  What a s*** game he had today.  He should be credited with assists for both of Ronaldlo's goals.

I thought Barton and Smith were quite poor too but the rest of the team, aside from some occasional poor mistakes, were okay for the most part. 

Taylor had a bad day, and his misfortune was that it came while playing against some of the most dangerous players in the world.  If his attitude is positive and he can learn from this, he'll be OK.

He should learn, from better players playing in the centre of Newcastle's defence while he watches from the subs bench.

Maybe for one game, but then he should be right back in.  Keegan isn't that kind of disciplinarian, so he'll probably be back in next week, for better or worse.  I think for better though.  He's 22 years old and is far from a finished product.  He'll need support, instruction, and encouragement from the coaching staff, but I don't think we should string him up based on today's performance.  It's not like he was being beaten by poor players...

I just think that we have two better players for his position, so I'd like to see them play. 

This needs saying, I'm very worried about us and I think Keegan is going to be a bad appointment.  You can try and blame that performance on the players, but ulitmately Keegan should be getting much better out them.  Smith should never pull a Newcastle shirt on again yet Keegan has consistently picked him.  Yes out players are a bit crap but they're are not that crap.  Even if he buys in the summer he will still not know what to do with those players so it seems.  I'm far more depressed than I even was under Big Sam.

Bollocks, the start Keegan's had was always an impossible task.  He's been left in a position where he has to inspire players simply to bring them up to the level of being s*** and on top of that he's had to play three games against Arsenal and Manure.  Obviously if you weren't this depressed under Allardyce then you were one of the people who didn't see our current predicament coming from a mile off, a predicament created by the fat c*** himself..

We just need to somehow find the results needed to stay up.  After that Keegan can go out and replace some of the s*** currently infesting our side and we can kick on from there.

This needs saying, I'm very worried about us and I think Keegan is going to be a bad appointment.  You can try and blame that performance on the players, but ulitmately Keegan should be getting much better out them.  Smith should never pull a Newcastle shirt on again yet Keegan has consistently picked him.  Yes out players are a bit crap but they're are not that crap.  Even if he buys in the summer he will still not know what to do with those players so it seems.  I'm far more depressed than I even was under Big Sam.

Bollocks, the start Keegan's had was always an impossible task.  He's been left in a position where he has to inspire players simply to bring them up to the level of being s*** and on top of that he's had to play three games against and Manure.  Obviously if you weren't this depressed under Allardyce then you were one of the people who didn't see our current predicament coming from a mile off, a predicament created by the fat c*** himself..

We just need to somehow find the results needed to stay up.  After that Keegan can go out and replace some of the s*** currently infesting our side and we can kick on from there.

:thup:

Bollocks, the start Keegan's had was always an impossible task.  He's been left in a position where he has to inspire players simply to bring them up to the level of being s*** and on top of that he's had to play three games against and Manure.  Obviously if you weren't this depressed under Allardyce then you were one of the people who didn't see our current predicament coming from a mile off, a predicament created by the fat c*** himself..

Keegan has to take some blame for today, his starting 11 was poor.

Guest Toongaboom

BEYE              FAYE                ENRIQUE

ZOG

MARTINS (APE)

SUB ; MILNER, CAROLL....

:clap: Exactly

N'Zogbia is no left back - he can't clear his fuking lines - I counted on AT LEAST two occasions that he dilly fuking dallied rather than clear, handing the ball to those cunts in a decent position

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Steven Taylor is miles away from the finished article.  What a s*** game he had today.  He should be credited with assists for both of Ronaldlo's goals.

I thought Barton and Smith were quite poor too but the rest of the team, aside from some occasional poor mistakes, were okay for the most part. 

Taylor had a bad day, and his misfortune was that it came while playing against some of the most dangerous players in the world.  If his attitude is positive and he can learn from this, he'll be OK.

He should learn, from better players playing in the centre of Newcastle's defence while he watches from the subs bench.

Maybe for one game, but then he should be right back in.  Keegan isn't that kind of disciplinarian, so he'll probably be back in next week, for better or worse.  I think for better though.  He's 22 years old and is far from a finished product.  He'll need support, instruction, and encouragement from the coaching staff, but I don't think we should string him up based on today's performance.  It's not like he was being beaten by poor players...

I just think that we have two better players for his position, so I'd like to see them play. 

Who, Edgar and Faye?  And to be fair, I think it's possible to say that both of Ronaldo's goals had as much to with horrific loss of possession/ lack of clearance as Taylor's asshattery.  I don't want to be an apologist (as that Saha goal was absolutely appalling and very much his fault), but he was left on an island against the best player in the prem in both of those instances.  Rio and Vidic themselves would have had their hands full on each of those, particularly the first one...

definitely. you can also say this and not want keegan out. think of it as constructive criticism, dont play zoggy at LB, don't play smith at all etc

Guest Toongaboom

BEYE              FAYE      MONSTER          ENRIQUE

GOOD RUNNER,  KNOW HOW TO PASS, BIG BASTARD,  ZOG

MARTINS (APE), STRONG FUC***

BEYE              FAYE                ENRIQUE

ZOG

MARTINS (APE)

SUB ; MILNER, CAROLL....

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

wasnt his 11....though....big mistake not to invest in january...

He picked the team, it was his starting 11.  I'm not sure how many were forced on him by injury but Given in goal and N'Zogbia in defence was shocking.

I'd have put a kid in midfield today to give that area some much needed pace.

Who, Edgar and Faye?  And to be fair, I think it's possible to say that both of Ronaldo's goals had as much to with horrific loss of possession/ lack of clearance as Taylor's asshattery.  I don't want to be an apologist (as that Saha goal was absolutely appalling and very much his fault), but he was left on an island against the best player in the prem in both of those instances.  Rio and Vidic themselves would have had their hands full on each of those, particularly the first one...

Cacapa and Faye.

They were both fucking dreadful, he did nothing to stop their attack either time.  Especially the second one, he should be embarassed by what he did there.  You can blame Faye for not clearing it (that was shit as well) but the fact is that his cock up was the major one, he was the last line of defence and he offered no resistance.  Ronaldo literally did nothing and he was past him.

Our best XI:

Given

Beye

Cacapa

Faye

Enrique

Duff

Geremi

Emre

Milner

Owen/Martins

Carroll/Viduka

Young lads and reservists on the bench, give them a chance.

Smith, Butt and Taylor to be frozen in carbonite Han Solo style next to Sir Bobby's new statue as a warning to all those who follow.

Our best XI:

Given

Beye

Cacapa

Faye

Enrique

Duff

Geremi

Emre

Milner

Owen/Martins

Carroll/Viduka

Young lads and reservists on the bench, give them a chance.

Smith, Butt and Taylor to be frozen in carbonite Han Solo style next to Sir Bobby's new statue as a warning to all those who follow.

Carroll is not even in our first 16.  If he is, we are in trouble.

Guest Toongaboom

GIVEN

BEYE            FAYE  TAYLOR          ENRIQUE

MILNER ( GEREMI)  BARTON (BUTT)  EMRE          ZOG

MARTINS            OWEN (VIDUKA)

.......IN GOD WE TRUST!!!

MARTINS (APE), STRONG FUC***