Relegation - will we or won't we? *NO FIXTURE LISTS PLEASE*

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The next two games after Liverpool will decide it. If we get three or more points we'll be fine. If we lose both I don't think there'll be any way back.

I just hope we put up a decent fight against Liverpool and take a bit of confidence from that. Even if we lose, as we inevitably will.

no way back? cant agree there. well have 6 games left after liverpool and the next 2, and we are 3 points above the releagation zone. the lowest we could phaesibly be if we lost all 3 would be 18th, and thats unlikely as well

Seven actually, but only two that are winnable. The rest I would expect us to lose unless we have a big turnaround in fortunes.

Win the three home games we should be winning, Fulham, Reading and the mackems and that will be enough to keep us up imo. There are other available points there too - Birmingham and Chelsea stand out for me, even West Ham and Pompey we can get something from. I'm not optimistic but neither am I slitting my wrists just yet.

Win the three home games we should be winning, Fulham, Reading and the mackems and that will be enough to keep us up imo. There are other available points there too - Birmingham and Chelsea stand out for me, even West Ham and Pompey we can get something from. I'm not optimistic but neither am I slitting my wrists just yet.

i go along with most of that but i think we have may chance picking up a point at west ham and portsmouth than getting anything against chelsea. birmingham is winnable on blackburn form. im optimistic (if i had to bet i'd bet on us staying up.....and i've bet against us on several occasions...fuck off with the booing, money is season ticket money)and not making a noose yet.

I'm in denial about us being anywhere near relegation. It's just not something I can cope with right now.

"...you've got to acc-en-tuate the positive, el-im-inate the negative..."

:kasper: :frantic:

i go along with most of that but i think we have may chance picking up a point at west ham and portsmouth than getting anything against chelsea. birmingham is winnable on blackburn form. im optimistic (if i had to bet i'd bet on us staying up.....and i've bet against us on several occasions...fuck off with the booing, money is season ticket money)and not making a noose yet.

We've played Chelsea at home at the back end of the season every time in the last four years and they're yet to beat us, including last season when still in the title race. That race might well be over by the penultimate game and if they're still in the FA Cup or particularly the Champions League, I'd be confident.

West ham is a winnable game, definitely there's at least a point there for the taking. Their form is terrible and confidence wise they are not much better than us. Portsmouth might just be too strong for us to physically cope with.

3 home wins and we stay up. Probably finish below the Mackems and 'Boro like, if that's all we manage. Sickening thought.

For once, that's the least of my worries.

3 home wins and we stay up. Probably finish below the Mackems and 'Boro like, if that's all we manage. Sickening thought.

But we haven't won any of our last 6 home games. All of them bar Man U and maybe Man City were winnable games. What makes you think we're capable of winning 3 of our remaining of our remaining 4?

But we haven't won any of our last 6 home games. All of them bar Man U and maybe Man City were winnable games. What makes you think we're capable of winning 3 of our remaining of our remaining 4?

Because we're playing much better and we're playing three teams who have one away win all season between them?

Getting very worried, not just because of the result today where I didn't expect anything.

I just see other teams picking up points here and there (more today), whereas we're in utter freefall.

Fulham haven't won away in 31 matches, Reading are poor (although admittedly on the up) and Sunderland at home we shouldn't even be contemplating a draw, let alone a defeat.

7 points will keep us up this season, quite probably. I can see us just scraping that.

I have to admit to being prepared for the worst but I think in 2 weeks from now we will have our answer.

I would even dare to suggest that a loss at Birmingham next Monday will near enough seal our fate

I just want the season to be over because I hate being a miserable fuck around my family. Its just not fair on them.

9 games left

4 are six-pointers. We can win them if we match our performance vs Blackburn.

Of our three remaining trips down south, it is possible to nick a win at two of them, as other clubs have shown.

Of our final two games, our opponents will have either nothing to play for or everything to play for, and the result is dependent on who has to play for what. The hope is that by then, one of the participants in both games have secured their objectives.

The points we need are still there for the taking, but we have to have them over the next 7 games.