So where the f*ck does Alan Smith play now then?

Decky

Seen as he wont be dropped and Martins is back where does Smith go now? Maybe he could play at LB and we could use Zog in the midfield? Of course we could just ignore Martins being back, play Smith up front and get relegated, whatever :thup:

Guest Stephen927

If he has to be in the team, he has to be up front.

In midfield, his distribution, covering, showing himself for a pass and positional sense are poor. Only thing he has going for him in midfield is his tackling ability, but he's more liable to get a yellow card due to his reputation.

He should be dropped, failing that, play him upfront with Martins against Blackburn, with Owen/Carroll on the bench.

I don't like the idea of playing Owen and Martins, simply because our midfield isn't good enough to feed the ball into feet, and so we have to have one tall-ish striker, either Smith/Viduka/Carroll, alongside Owen or Martins.

Norwich would be about his level.

He won't be dropped though. For some reason every manager he works with falls in love with him. Credit to the guy, I suppose he works REALLY REALLY REALLY hard in training.

oh yes he will be dropped.

just watch as soon as martins is fit.

In midfield, his distribution, covering, showing himself for a pass and positional sense are poor. Only thing he has going for him in midfield is his tackling ability, but he's more liable to get a yellow card due to his actually poor tackling ability.

He should be dropped, failing that, play him upfront with Martins against Blackburn, with Owen/Carroll on the bench.

I don't like the idea of playing Owen and Martins, simply because our midfield isn't good enough to feed the ball into feet, and so we have to have one tall-ish striker, either Smith/Viduka/Carroll, alongside Owen or Martins.

FYP

EDIT: (fixed your post)

He won't be dropped though. For some reason every manager he works with falls in love with him. Credit to the guy, I suppose he works REALLY REALLY REALLY hard in training.

The fact that he works hard is obviously the reason he keeps getting picked.

If others took a leaf out of his book effort wise, we'd be in a much better position.

Unfortunately for Smith, he can try as hard as he likes, he's still not very good.

Guest Stephen927

In midfield, his distribution, covering, showing himself for a pass and positional sense are poor. Only thing he has going for him in midfield is his tackling ability, but he's more liable to get a yellow card due to his actually poor tackling ability.

FYP

EDIT: (fixed your post)

Ah just spotted it  :lol:

The fact that he works hard is obviously the reason he keeps getting picked.

If others took a leaf out of his book effort wise, we'd be in a much better position.

Unfortunately for Smith, he can try as hard as he likes, he's still not very good.

I'd say it's more unfortunate for us..

Guest iliketoonarmy

Hopefully someone like Wigan or Birmingham will come in for him in the Summer.

and he will do well in Wigan just like Bramble does :(