Newcastle vs Blackburn - Pre Match Thread

Decky

If Emre is injured, the following:

Harper

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Milner Geremi N'Zogbia Duff

Owen Martins

Introduce Carroll/Viduka at some stage.

However, we will see the same line up as against Man United and will likely see a similar scoreline.

Martins & Enrique could be starting, i've got a good feeling if that happens.

Two players i would love to see start every game from now till the end of the season.

Pace back in the forward line-up, Zoggy freed up & a proper LB in position can only be a good thing.

Michael Owen-Alan Smith "spearhead"? I despair.

But the word from the training ground is that Mark Viduka and Emre, who had returned to training this week after their respective injuries, have not made as much progress as was hoped and there is now a big question mark against the pair of them for tomorrow.

But Oba Martins is fit and if, as seems likely, Kevin Keegan gives the Michael Owen-Alan Smith spearhead another chance tomorrow, the little Nigerian striker could find himself on the bench.

Smith and Owen won't produce anything and by the time Oba comes off the bench the game might have gone. Martins has to start to strike fear and uncertainty in the Blackburn ranks. Let them know we can get behind them if they get too cocky and come forward.

Tomorrow is March and he still hasn't scored a goal for us despite playing all season bar his suspensions - which haven't been long enough for my liking.

How does he keep on getting picked?

Your guess is as good as mine, although I don't rate Shola premier league class he would have surely knocked in 3 or 4 by now.

Tomorrow is March and he still hasn't scored a goal for us despite playing all season bar his suspensions - which haven't been long enough for my liking.

How does he keep on getting picked?

Your guess is as good as mine, although I don't rate Shola premier league class he would have surely knocked in 3 or 4 by now.

Yeah even Stroller would have contributed more. It's mystifying.

Assuming Enrique starts tomorrow, what do you think Keegan will do in midfield with Zoggy?

I hope he doesn't just put him alongside Butt at centre midfield because Zoggy has shown he doesn't do much in this position. I would even prefer to see Duff alongside Butt in the middle, but Duff is just so pathetically weak it isn't even funny. Lots of people have been hoping to see Milner in this position but I'm not sure this is even a possibility as it has never happened before.

All I know is that if Enrique is playing, then the first name in our midfield has to be Zoggy on the left wing. Keegan can then do whatever he wants with the rest of the midfield as far as I'm concerned, as it will no doubt be pants anyway. We just have to ensure we make use of Zoggy's best attributes from now on.

Harper

Beye Faye Taylor Enrique

Milner Butt Zoggy Duff

Viduka Owen/Martins

I wouldn't play Duff personally although I think Keegan will. Maybe he'll do better against his former team?

I would only play him to keep either Butt or Barton out of the team

both are rubbish its a toss of a coin to see who i would play out of them