Newcastle vs Blackburn - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Looking forward to this match because irc this might be our first win under Keegan and the start of a few good resuts I hope.Blackburn have gone on a good run yes but they are very beatable!

Harper

Geremi

Taylor

Beye

Enrique

Milner

Faye

Zog

Duff

Owen

Martins

Subs,Foster,Edgar,Cacapa,Emre,Viduka

2-1 hopefully to us!

Looking forward to this match because irc this might be our first win under Keegan and the start of a few good resuts I hope.Blackburn have gone on a good run yes but they are very beatable!

Harper

Geremi

Taylor

Beye

Enrique

Milner

Faye

Zog

Duff

Owen

Martins

2-1 hopefully to us!

Boro and Bolton were also very beatable.....

Harper

Geremi

Taylor

Beye

Enrique

Milner

Faye

Zog

Duff

Owen

Martins

2-1 hopefully to us!

Boro and Bolton were also very beatable.....

True but we have a better squad to pick from now

Guest neesy111

ppl rave on about blackburn, but they are not nothing special

especially when we played badly down there and still shud of won ffs

we better fucking win this game, but then again if you think about it, we'll probably lose. I hope we win, but thats it.

we are in the shitter, and it will take some motivating to get us on the right track. I hope KK can get his players to perform to a decent standard. But then again, how many dencent players do we have

ppl rave on about blackburn, but they are not nothing special

especially when we played badly down there and still shud of won ffs

And we're something special?

They're better than us.

They'll beat us.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.

I'm surprised at how many people are going for a Toon win. I admire the optimism but it defies sense, considering Blackburn are currently stronger in virtually every position plus have a good record up here of late and are coming off the back of a crushing derby victory.

???

Me too.  Rovers have had a good run going in the northeast, too.  Also, I just can't see KK dropping Butt, Smith or Barton - even though he needs to.  I just don't see us getting a win.  I'm going for a drab draw or another home thumping by the visitors.  The lads just don't have any fight in them and that's exactly what is needed to avoid relegation.

..and today's 'No shit Sherlock!' award goes to...

Michael Owen!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7269544.stm

Magpies confidence is low - Owen

Newcastle captain Michael Owen says the club's poor form has hit the players' confidence as the Magpies try to avoid being sucked into a relegation battle.

The Magpies have not won under manager Kevin Keegan and are only six points above the relegation zone.

"Confidence isn't at its best," striker Owen, 28, told BBC Radio 5 Live. "There is nervousness throughout the side.

"We need a win and the sooner the better. As soon as we get that I think confidence will come flooding back."

Keegan returned to the club in January and over the next month his side face matches against Blackburn, Liverpool, Birmingham, Fulham and Tottenham in a bid to accumulate enough points to avoid a struggle against the drop in the run-in to the season.

However, Newcastle captain Owen insists there is no panic in the Newcastle ranks, with 11 games left to play.

"We've got an awful lot of games left and we aren't in the relegation zone at the moment," said the England forward.

"We're not at panic stations but we are obviously well aware we need to get a result - and fast.

"This game against Blackburn on Saturday is one you look at and think Newcastle at home should be getting something out of it.

"If we can do that we can get a bit of confidence. We then play Liverpool and after that we have got a few games that are winnable.

"If we can get some confidence going into those games then I'm sure we can push onwards and upwards."

Christ, you'd think Blackburn were Barcelona. They're not that good and they're noticeably shakier at the back than the teams around them.

They're scoring goals and we haven't looked like doing that for months. We haven't looked like stopping them at the other end either and in the middle we are just pants so concern is understandable.

What I would like to think is that now we are playing lesser teams, our midfield might not look so shit. Although it did against Middlesboro.

If i was playing tbh this would be the game of my season in terms of effort and commitment. Hopefully they see it this way too.

We WILL score first, but we NEED to get a second before half time. The problem when we last played them was long balls into the box and it was Martins V Samba - easy aerial battle (although Martins scored a header like!) bt it just wasnt working, we had no possession. Get the ball on the deck, get it forward and get at them!!

HOWAY LADS!!!