Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

.I think Ashley just doesn't want to spend any money,i mean why sign Remy on  loan when we were willing to pay for him in january? Wonder if the fat b******d's gearing us up to sell?

Probably because since that offer Remy allegedly raped a lass and earns £80k a week? That's why he is on loan and the transfer fee has been used to make an offer for Gomis.

Judging by tonight's game and the fact it sounds as if Pardew wants to play 4-4-2, he'd be a hugely useful addition. We had a good runner through the middle in Sissoko, he just needed someone ahead of him to play off, someone with consistent physical presence.

Still need that left winger mind.

Of course but we need to switch up our game a bit because we play down the wings too much anyway. A striker who can play with his back to goal will help our threat down the middle, especially if we play Sissoko.

Hughton.

Hughton made mistakes too, but we liked him as much as the players.

Pardew isn't liked by either

There's plenty about Pardew to dislike/criticise without making things up. It's quite evident most of the players actually do like/respect him.

Guest Phil K

Hughton.

There's plenty about Pardew to dislike/criticise without making things up. It's quite evident most of the players actually do like/respect him.

Really ? Whatever gave you that idea ?

Hughton.

Quotes from plenty of senior players, including the likes of Colo and Ben Arfa. What gave you the idea he isn't?

Ben Arfa has spoken about how much he likes Pardew in the past hasn't he? Players not liking him is nonsence imo and imo Pardew's man management is pretty much the only redeemable aspect of his managership.

A fair few have. No idea where phil k has got that from.

Guest Phil K

Hughton.

Quotes from plenty of senior players, including the likes of Colo and Ben Arfa. What gave you the idea he isn't?

I don't know....maybe rumours about dissatisfaction in dressing room, etc ?  :razz:

Hughton.

I don't know....maybe rumours about dissatisfaction in dressing room, etc ?  :razz:

Have any links to back that up?

Guest Phil K

Ben Arfa has spoken about how much he likes Pardew in the past hasn't he? Players not liking him is nonsence imo and imo Pardew's man management is pretty much the only redeemable aspect of his managership.

A fair few have. No idea where phil k has got that from.

Perhaps I see these rumours, look at performances....2 +2 sometimes does add up to 4 !  O0

Have any links to back that up?

Hang on - you saying you HAVEN'T seen rumours along those lines ?

Its one thing believing or not believing them. Take your choice. But to say you haven't seen them ?

Guest Phil K

Making up negatives just takes away from the genuine ones, I become a 'Pardew lover' if I question someone who claims he invented cancer or something too, w*****s :lol:

Believe what you want.

I didn't "make up" last season, did I ?

Making up negatives just takes away from the genuine ones, I become a 'Pardew lover' if I question someone who claims he invented cancer or something too, w*****s :lol:

Believe what you want.

I didn't "make up" last season, did I ?

So that wasn't down to shite tactics and being scared of every single team we came up against?

It's also noticeable that we haven't had much public whinging from players that might want to leave. I suspect Cabaye is hoping to go (wonder if he's waiting for Man U and isn't keen on PSG or something) but he hasn't kicked up a fuss or anything particular that you'd expect if the dressing room was torn apart. We'll wait and see if he kicks one up if we refuse a proper bid or something.

Guest Phil K

I don't think poor performances necessarily translate to players not liking a manager, in fact I think it suggests they listen too much to him  :lol:

Touche.

What the f*** are you on about, seriously?

FFS calm down. We differ in our view on Pardew. You think Pardew is deeply loved by players I think he isn't. Lets leave it at that, eh ?

Maybe you'll be proved right, maybe not. We'll see in time or not at all - personally I couldn't give a toss.

Guest Phil K

It's also noticeable that we haven't had much public whinging from players that might want to leave. I suspect Cabaye is hoping to go (wonder if he's waiting for Man U and isn't keen on PSG or something) but he hasn't kicked up a fuss or anything particular that you'd expect if the dressing room was torn apart. We'll wait and see if he kicks one up if we refuse a proper bid or something.

Most of them are in early days of contract anyways, so that is to be expected. Cabaye rumours, well. No smoke without fire.

Maybe if I saw a little more enthusiasm from the players on the start of the season.....

Did Colo get sorted by Pardew or Ashley or someone else ?

Maybe I AM coming to conclusions. But it was plain Hughton was liked by players. I don't get the same feeling on Pardew - not hated, FGS. Just no respect.