Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I'd still rather sign a quality wide player than Gomis.

Absolutely no way we should be playing a 4-4-2 with our current group of players, and adding Gomis would appear to make that more likely.

If we could sign Sinclair/Ince and not lose anyone I'd be very pleased with our work in the market, assuming the goal is to sign Remy permanently.

I'd still rather sign a quality wide player than Gomis.

Absolutely no way we should be playing a 4-4-2 with our current group of players, and adding Gomis would appear to make that more likely.

If we could sign Sinclair/Ince and not lose anyone I'd be very pleased with our work in the market, assuming the goal is to sign Remy permanently.

I'd like Gomis because I think we lack a bit of physicality up there but if we signed a player like Ince or Sinclair I would be just as happy.

Playing some sort of 4-3-3 we would have enough out and out forwards with Gouffran, Remy and Cisse.

Don't think he is coming here, his agent controls him.

Not disputing your opinion, you could well be right, but I find it barmy how players are dictated to by their agent. Last I heard it was the agent who worked for the player and not vice versa. The tail's wagging the dog.

If Gomis had a set of knackers he'd tell his agents to make a deal with the club of his choosing.

Virtually all footballers get agents first and lawyers later. It's a stupid move for anyone, let alone uneducated men in their 20s.

So true. The best move is to get proper attorneys and accountants to mind your contracts, finances/investments, etc. Agents should only be paid if they broker a decent deal and that should be in writing and the person soliciting the broker/agent should be paying that out.

This whole system is a bunch of crap these days.  Agents are fucking about with athletes all over the place in every sport.

Not disputing your opinion, you could well be right, but I find it barmy how players are dictated to by their agent. Last I heard it was the agent who worked for the player and not vice versa. The tail's wagging the dog.

If Gomis had a set of knackers he'd tell his agents to make a deal with the club of his choosing.

Surely though that is the problem for us?... His choice being Marseille...

Surely though that is the problem for us?... His choice being Marseille...

:thup:

Virtually all footballers get agents first and lawyers later. It's a stupid move for anyone, let alone uneducated men in their 20s.

As a lawyer, I never understand why players don't just use law firms to act for them instead of agents.  I suppose sometimes it is helpful for a player to have a shady character who is more than happy to agitate for moves on your behalf in a way that a lawyer would be dutybound not to act.