Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Guest palnese

Now it's Rooney, Bale and Suarez's fault that we're not signing anyone?

Pardew is a fucking retard.

EDIT: Just seen the Pards excuses thread.

Doesn't matter he is tied to his agents who decide what will happen, I know what that's like, I had a Vodafone contract I couldn't fucken get out of.

Desperate to come but he is going to spend the week persuading him

Its quite clear he's not the one stopping the deal from happening, the agents are.

Its not as easy as if he wants to come to sack them either before anyone says anything there are legal complications.

If it was simply down to Gomis and Lyon this deal would have been completed ages ago.

This one will go right to the wire on deadline day, but after more fannying about - it won't happen. Kinnear will then be able to trot out the well worn 'We tried' excuse. :thdn:

Remy will be on the only incoming transfer this summer - our business was done back in January.

Its quite clear he's not the one stopping the deal from happening, the agents are.

Its not as easy as if he wants to come to sack them either before anyone says anything there are legal complications.

If it was simply down to Gomis and Lyon this deal would have been completed ages ago.

I thought it was the sell on fee.  That 5% Lyon and nufc does not want to pay to St Etienne.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2389380/Bafetimbi-Gomis-deal-close-collapse-Moussa-Sissoko-hopeful-Lyon-striker-joins-Newcastle.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Gomis deal close to collapse but Sissoko still hopeful striker will make Magpies move

By COLIN YOUNG

PUBLISHED: 23:00, 11 August 2013 | UPDATED: 23:00, 11 August 2013

Newcastle United's protracted move for Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis looks on the verge of collapse, but midfielder Moussa Sissoko is still hoping new director of football Joe Kinnear can revive a deal for his close friend.

Gomis is in dispute with Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas who is refusing to accept a deal lower than £8million for the France international.

Sissoko, who joined Newcastle in January before his contract expired at Toulouse, says he has spoken to Gomis about becoming the latest French-speaking player to move to St James' Park and he remains hopeful he will move to Tyneside before the August transfer window shuts.

Sissoko said: 'Bafe Gomis is my friend and he says to me that he wants to come to Newcastle, but it is not easy with the president (of Lyon) or an agent.

'I don't know if its finished yet or not. If he comes here, it is a very good move for him. I will keep the message the same to him - we would like him to come to Newcastle. Maybe I will talk to him this week again.

'Newcastle are a very good team and now we have to show it. The team is feeling good ahead of Manchester City. We have one of the toughest games you could have on the first game of the season but if I play well and hard maybe we can win there.'

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew, who has confirmed he will be without injured loan striker Loic Remy for the opener at Manchester City, is also hopeful that Kinnear can bring a third summer signing for the Geordie club.

He added: 'Joe is the football director here. Of course I will be talking to him. We have a week now where I am laying down plans for the start of the season and I need to know where we are on transfers. There is no information I can give you in or out.'

Newcastle drew 1-1 with Braga on Saturday, thanks to a goal from captain Fabricio Coloccini who laid a wreath in honour of Sir Bobby Robson on the day of celebrations in the former Newcastle manager's name which marked the FA's 150th anniversary.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2389380/Bafetimbi-Gomis-deal-close-collapse-Moussa-Sissoko-hopeful-Lyon-striker-joins-Newcastle.html#ixzz2bhbHLAYT

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Some Journalistic license there from Douglas like, at no point in those quotes does Sissoko say he's desperate.  Just that he wants to come, but I suppose some persuasion may be reeded to get him to push for the move more.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France  1m 

Jean Michel Aulas: 'There is very little chance that you will see Bafetimbi Gomis at Marseille this season.' #OL #OM #NUFC

come on that doesn't mean its anymore chance of him coming to nufc.  This Aulas is the one thats stopping this transfer.

I thought it was the sell on fee.  That 5% Lyon and nufc does not want to pay to St Etienne.

From what i heard its both.... they want us to pay the sell on fee and there's the agent fees as well.

From what i heard its both.... they want us to pay the sell on fee and there's the agent fees as well.

that's a 'no deal' then.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France  1m 

Jean Michel Aulas: 'There is very little chance that you will see Bafetimbi Gomis at Marseille this season.' #OL #OM #NUFC

come on that doesn't mean its anymore chance of him coming to nufc.  This Aulas is the one thats stopping this transfer.

Well he's not staying at Lyon.  If its really him stopping the transfer because he wants us to pay certain extra fees then its only a matter of time before he folds.  Especially if Marseille aren't an option this summer.  There's no advantage for him to keep Gomis in this situation, as the closer they get to the close of the window the closer they get to losing him for nothing.  He's got a great offer right there and if its just coming down to a dispute on agent/ex club payments then there will come a time when he'll have to compromise.

As far as Marseille goes I'm not sure how they could be a serious option for Gomis unless he's really desperate to play for them.  Apparently they can't afford him so they'd need him to dig in for a season at a club where he's not going to play leading up to the world cup.  Then this 75 percent tax would mean he'd have to take a massive pay cut from what he's getting now (or what he'd get here).