Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

FROM FRANCE : Newcastle have made an offer of 2,5M€ (signing on fee) for Gomis, according to L'Equipe, and 4,4M€ per year. #NUFC #Gomis

8:00am - 10 Jun 14

They forgot to report that Mike made this offer after 15 pints and 10 shots of Whisky

Gomis man, clearly not being offered the type of money he thought he would be as a free agent. Looks like he's come all the way back around to us now. We might have a chance.

Gomis man, clearly not being offered the type of money he thought he would be as a free agent. Looks like he's come all the way back around to us now. We might have a chance.

Guess who wins again!

If we sign Gomis, we still need another striker, a winger, a centre back, a right back, and a creative midfielder. :D

I think if we get Gomis, not sure we would need another striker. I'd like us to instead focus on then getting an attacking midfielder that can score and pass, as well as a winger that can cross and score too.

We should then look to use Gomis, Cisse and Gouffran as our main strikers, with Perez hopefully being good enough to feature some also.

If we sign Gomis, we still need another striker, a winger, a centre back, a right back, and a creative midfielder. :D

I think if we get Gomis, not sure we would need another striker. I'd like us to instead focus on then getting an attacking midfielder that can score and pass, as well as a winger that can cross and score too.

We should then look to use Gomis, Cisse and Gouffran as our main strikers, with Perez hopefully being good enough to feature some also.

Cisse's magic and/or kneecap ain't comin back and the clown will never play Gouffran up front.

I'm at the point I hope pardew is backed just so he'll fail and hopefully be put out on his arse with no excuses.

To do what? Avoid relegation? I would bet that the club thinking would be that Gomis plus Cisse and Gouffran should be enough to do that bolstered by the addition of one or two fillers like Perez and Colback. We should know by now what Ashley's priorities are.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bimpy474

Hope he cracks in a couple of goals against us next season then does a few fist pumps in Pardew's face.

Inevitable he will score.

Not sure we'll notice with the amount i reckon we'll concede, bucketloads doesn't cover it.

There's no point in trying to compete with minted super clubs like Swansea or West Brom, we need to lower our sights for players so we can blow the likes of boro and Ipswich out of the water with our £60m transfer war chest.

Guest bimpy474

Our £60m war chest might as well be £600m or £6m. It's completely irrelevant with our attitude toward buying anyone.