Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

I think Ramos' notable signings so far have been Dos Santos, Modric and Woodgate (was that Ramos?). 3 top players.

2 yet to prove that they are top players

Well...yeah in the premiership. But they both have undoubted talent. They have Bale to come back too, who's quality as well imo.

I think Ramos' notable signings so far have been Dos Santos, Modric and Woodgate (was that Ramos?). 3 top players.

Since when was Dos Santos a top player? He is a kid who is considered too lightweight for La Liga.

Yes their squad currently looks better, but then it's June and they've done most of their big spending. Also Berbatov might leave before the transfer window shuts, nobody would be surprised.

Well put it this way - if he was such a hot prospect then Barca wouldn't have sold him. I know their standards are much higher than most other clubs but to sell such a young player so early in his career and so eagerly as well suggests there's something amiss about his game imo.

Well put it this way - if he was such a hot prospect then Barca wouldn't have sold him. I know their standards are much higher than most other clubs but to sell such a young player so early in his career and so eagerly as well suggests there's something amiss about his game imo.

Or the fact that he had Messi and Bojan to compete with for a place in the side.

Or the fact that he had Messi and Bojan to compete with for a place in the side.

Yeah, that as well  :razz:

Guest optimistic nit

if i had the chance to sign woodgate here and now, i would say no, even for a couple of million.

f*** me. Top prospect then, he's only just turned 19. Who said he was too lightweight for La Liga?

Every single person in Spain, even the ones who don't watch football. The kids a wimp.

Don't be daft, post what you want. I just think we're getting a bit obsessed with them.

Yeah...maybe just a bit...

You know what we don't talk about enough though? The old board. What does everyone think?

Don't be daft, post what you want. I just think we're getting a bit obsessed with them.

Yeah...maybe just a bit...

You know what we don't talk about enough though? The old board. What does everyone think?

Don't start. :lol:

One young player with potential, one who's undoubtedly good but not quite the player he used to be and another who looks very good but has so far only played in the Croatian League.  At the same time they're going to lose there best player by a country mile.  I just don't see how those three transform a squad from similar to ours to a mile ahead?  This is a case of people getting caught up in hype IMO.  The Spuds get linked with so many players and hyped so much that it gives the impression they've transformed themselves into title contenders every f***ing summer :lol:

he's very raw, dodgy touch, gangly, awkward, but also strong, and fast. bit like a kenwyne jones type. scored a good goal at the weekend dribbling past a few players and hitting a shot right into the side netting. never worth £12m tho and i'd like us to buy a more outright creative striker with a bit of skill and guile, rather than a direct, battering ram type. as an alan smith replacement he'd be good.

:pow: