Newcastle 0 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 01/03/08 - Post match reaction from page 20

James

We also have the worst goal difference amongst them all ...

I will pray for injuries the rest of the season to King, Woodgate, Keane and Berbatov. Tottenham where unbelievably arrogant today and I hope they gat dragged into it too.

Michael Owen has been a curse to this football club and he continues to destroy us.

Completely his fault today . I'm heartbroken at what has just happened.

We are in big trouble ...

You don't like Owen, we get it.

And you do, we get it.. I noticed how you said "Owen is not scoring, but at least we're creating chances for him" today, which is a change from "Owen will score, we're just not setting up chances for him to do anything with" many have been trotting around these past couple of months.. A change for the worse if you asked me. Fact is Martins gets stick for his unmissable misses, so should Owen..

The only thing worse than the results today is the outbreak of kneejerkitis here. Get a grip.

The amount of chances we've created today is promising. On another day we'd have won that comfortably. Owen's lack of confidence and Friedel playing a blinder made the difference today.

i agree, but our confidence will be shot more than ever now.

we're in big bother

The only reason why we would go down is the bunch of headless chicken fans running around screaming RELEGATION RELEGATION!!

I'm still fully behind King Kev and everyone in their right mind should be.

Got a feeling we'll nick 3 points at anfield. Now that would shut every fucking kneejerktastic fan up

Guest LucaAltieri

Michael Owen has been a curse to this football club and he continues to destroy us.

And you do, we get it.. I noticed how you said "Owen is not scoring, but at least we're creating chances for him" today, which is a change from "Owen will score, we're just not setting up chances for him to do anything with" many have been trotting around these past couple of months.. A change for the worse if you asked me. Fact is Martins gets stick for his unmissable misses, so should Owen..

That's not what I said... I said he's getting himself into positions where he's got chances... he's finding chances and getting the shots in. Blackburn's keeper kept them in the game. There's no doubt there's a couple of other opportunities Owen should have scored and will have to take the blame for the misses. That's a confidence issue. He'll start banging them in again soon enough.

Thank you.

Good to see some peoples brains are still intact on here.

ppl on this forum, need to take a spoonfull of cement and harden the fuck up......

we lost... when we should of won, well beat liverpool next week even when we play like dog shit and rafa to lose his job boys.

HARDEN THE FUCK UP :rant:

The only reason why we would go down is the bunch of headless chicken fans running around screaming RELEGATION RELEGATION!!

I'm still fully behind King Kev and everyone in their right mind should be.

Got a feeling we'll nick 3 points at anfield. Now that would shut every fucking kneejerktastic fan up

:lol: the hell it would.  I can assure you that even now they are warming up the phrases "papering over the cracks" and "false dawn."

That's not what I said... I said he's getting himself into positions where he's got chances... he's finding chances and getting the shots in. Blackburn's keeper kept them in the game. There's no doubt there's a couple of other opportunities Owen should have scored and will have to take the blame for the misses. That's a confidence issue. He'll start banging them in again soon enough.

I hope you're right.. Can't say I'm as confident you. When was the last time he was banging them in for us btw (referring to your use of "again" in the last sentence)?

Guest zeta87

Martins > Smith

Ameobi > Smith

Carroll > Smith

Harper > Smith

actually i do remember harper playing well up front in preseason. get him in

Exactly!  ;D

There are 7 teams (if we're in the shit then so are Boro, their upcoming fixtures are tough) scrapping to avoid 18th...Fulham and Derby are as good as gone. I don't know what to say, I'm absolutely gutted. So many chances, so much possession, as somebody said this is worse than a 6-0 loss. It's all very well saying "we've got Fulham and Reading at home" but I wouldn't back us to beat anybody right now. A win from anywhere would set us up nicely, I honestly think that's all it will take to kick us into gear, but where that win will come from I don't know.

What a joke!

In case you haven't noticed we don't have time for that. Martins in now, as he will create more opportunities and will score ore goals.

Owen is soft, weak and pathetic and he is leading us into relegation.

if we stay in this division it wont be because we deserve to, it will be because there are 3 horredously bad teams in the division with us and only 3 can get relegated.smith and barton cannot stay in the side and i thought owen was meant to be world class, wouldnt even start for a pub team with that finishing.

You mention 3 terrible sides - Derby and Fulham are obvious although I'm not so sure about the third.