Liverpool Vs Newcastle Pre-Match thread.

Guest Deep456

Well with the CL game against Inter the week after our match, I'm hoping that Rafa will rotate some of the players.

Hopefully Torres doesn't play, because if he doesn't they'll struggle to score. Might still beat us by 1 or 2 but if Torres plays that can easily be 3 or 4.

If we put in a similar showing to the one we did against Blackburn, it should be a decent match though.

1-2.

Gerrard, Torres and nine non-league players could probably beat our team to a pulp at Anfield, but if those two don't play I figure we're in with a chance.

Really hope we'll get something, but honestly I'm more bothered about the games Sunderland, Birmingham, Bolton, and Reading play that week. Them all fucking up is a much more likely scenario than us grabbing some points.

A point would be a miracle I think, but we must go there and have a go at them..

----------------Harper

Beye-----Taylor-----Cacapa-------Enrique

-------------Faye

Milner-----------------Zoggy--------Duff

-----------Owen------Martins

Going up for this, don't think I can stomach another hammering, especially with a 3 hour drive back with 2 Liverpool supporting mates. Really not sure which way it'll go, depends on Liverpool imo. If they've got their shooting boots on (which they no doubt will have) I think it will be 3/4-0. If they play like they did against Barnsley we may have a chance of nicking something. Hopefully Benitez will rest a few for Inter a few days later.

The sickening thing is, it would be a miracle and euphoria if we got a point. Yet we chucked that same point away yesterday when it was in the bag against Blackburn just down to negligence. Criminal.

No Barton this weekend YES

Unfortunately Smith will probably play there instead.

As being discussed int he "Smith" thread Barton created a few things on Saturday, Smith creates fk all..

If KK plays Smith in CM i will seriously start to doubt his judgement, he should play this:

Milner  Butt  Zog    Duff

Martins  Owen

NOT THIS:

Milner  Butt  Smith  Duff

Martins  Owen

No one in their right mind would play the above on the back of recent weeks, we would 100% lose and lose badly, at least with the first one we have some chance of at least scoring.

If KK plays Smith in CM i will seriously start to doubt his judgement, he should play this:

Milner  Geremi  Zog    Duff

Martins   Owen

NOT THIS:

Milner   Butt   Smith   Duff

Martins   Owen

No one in their right mind would play the above on the back of recent weeks, we would 100% lose and lose badly, at least with the first one we have some chance of at least scoring.

FYP

Guest Brummiemag

My real worry is that we if we get hammered or well beaten at Liverpool, confidence will be at rock bottom for the Birmingham game. We have four crucial games to come which are Birmingham away, then Fulham, Reading and Sunderland at home, these are the games I'm worried about, not Liverpool.  I just hope that, irrespective of the result, (because we will probably lose) we can put in a decent performance against Liverpool which will give the lads something to build on for the crucial Birmingham game.

My real worry is that we if we get hammered or well beaten at Liverpool, confidence will be at rock bottom for the Birmingham game. We have four crucial games to come which are Birmingham away, then Fulham, Reading and Sunderland at home, these are the games I'm worried about, not Liverpool.  I just hope that, irrespective of the result, (because we will probably lose) we can put in a decent performance against Liverpool which will give the lads something to build on for the crucial Birmingham game.

Probably the best comment so far. Completely agree.

The Birmingham game will be massive. It's quite conceivable we could get nothing, but it's equally conceivable we could get all three points if we are set up right. We must get the planning right for that game, because we have the better players to get the result.

The Birmingham game will be massive. It's quite conceivable we could get nothing, but it's equally conceivable we could get all three points if we are set up right. We must get the planning right for that game, because we have the better players to get the result.

Yes, it's one of those places that i fancy us to get something but because Birmingham are in the shit as well, they will be up for it. I hope it will be an open game and our better players can produce.

We will lose away to B'ham. That is now the real worry.

Yes, it's one of those places that i fancy us to get something but because Birmingham are in the shit as well, they will be up for it. I hope it will be an open game and our better players can produce.

They will have the physical edge and will battle hard. But at the same time they must fear Martins and Owen, they'll have been watching us batter Blackburn so they know we can handle it and what we are capable of. We ARE the better team we just have to go their knowing it and pick the players who won't be scared to perform on the day.

They will have the physical edge and will battle hard. But at the same time they must fear Martins and Owen, they'll have been watching us batter Blackburn so they know we can handle it and what we are capable of. We ARE the better team we just have to go their knowing it and pick the players who won't be scared to perform on the day.

Hear hear to that.

Yes, it's one of those places that i fancy us to get something but because Birmingham are in the s*** as well, they will be up for it. I hope it will be an open game and our better players can produce.

We've probably got bigger problems trying to handle their strikers than they will have trying to deal with ours tbh.

See sig for the team I would pick against Liverpool.

Call me blind and optimistic but I think we can actually get something from this game! I think we can really turn the corner if we even get a draw from this game. Like others have indicated, if Torres and Gerrard play we will be in some trouble and I think we can't deal defensively with anything even near that kind of threat. However, with the upcoming CL game Liverpool have to think about Benni will do his usual rotation system and hopefully he won't play one or even both of those players... especially looking at our misfortune over the past... well since about 8 games in!

As for Birmingham, if we don't get a win from that game I will be seriously worried! Yes they drew with Arsenal and beat Spurs, but Arsenal have been quite poor of late (for them anyway) and Spurs had just won the League Cup, so minds may still have been elsewhere. Birmingham is definitely a must win game! But lets get into that in the Blues thread that will start up as soon as the Liverpool game is over, i'm assuming!

Another game with loss written all over it. 

People are insane to think that given our bad form for months, that suddenly were going to go to Anfield and get a win.

Praying for a draw, but expecting a loss.