Martins appreciation thread

Nobody

His movement was still decidedly average until he scored the first, at which point he was into everything and buzzing about the place like he should be.  Pleasing to see.

I wonder how important it is that he looked thoroughly dejected in the first half? It was only when he stuck in the first goal that he started to play, close players down, and actually work hard. If he can't motivate himself, and I'm sure it's a confidence thing, then Glenn needs to sort that shit out ASAP.

Much improved and pleasing to see - I still think his movement is decidely average in terms of intelligence and position and I won't be getting excited like the kids until he starts doing it against opposition of a better standard - bear in mind that team we played against was GASH!!!

He deserves credit and hopefully this will buoy his confidence to better and greater performances, particulalry against the top teams in the premiership.

Guest the_serbian_mag

I'm excited by Martins.....he's so handsome...

No, no, I mean excited by his game. I'm sure he'll do better and better as the time passes!

We was a bit unlucky against everton perhaps, but when he settles, I expect him to finish easily those kind of chances!

Howay young Obafemi!

• 2 months later...
Guest TinoInHiding

Great Thread.

I've got a feeling Martins is going to turn out to be one of our best buys ever; anyone giving him a hard time already should be banned from applauding his goals when he's banging them in for fun by Christmas.

Aye

Great Thread.

I've got a feeling Martins is going to turn out to be one of our best buys ever; anyone giving him a hard time already should be banned from applauding his goals when he's banging them in for fun by Christmas.

Aye

Thanks for resurrecting my thread :lol:

And it's a bit scary how Tinoinhiding got it right about scoring for fun by christmas :lol:

Just saw a quick interview with Martins after the Blackburn game (was it with bbc??) and that's the first time ever that i heard Oba speak..Shy little guy he seems to be?  bluebiggrin.gif  .... but in this short clip he was asked if it was his best goal for Newcastle and he looked so shy and looked like a young player  bluebiggrin.gif

So happy for him and Newcastle that he's starting to show what he's capable of...

Luque is 9.5mill and he hasn't had many games give the give a break.

I think he was actually over £10m and has been shit.

He was £9.5M too much