Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/03/08 - post match reaction from page 21

James

At the end of the day, nothing's changed. We still know what we have to do in our home games.

Liverpool absolutely tanked West Ham in the week and recently were all over Inter Milan. They're up and down but still a great side.

It's more the other results that are killing me right now, as we fucked our goal difference even further.

At the end of the day, nothing's changed. We still know what we have to do in our home games.

Liverpool absolutely tanked West Ham in the week and recently were all over Inter Milan. They're up and down but still a great side.

Aye exactly. We might as well have just taken a forfeit today like.

Things hinge on our remaining home games, because I honestly cannot see us taking another point away from St. James'.

Looking at the highlights, it is clear to me that the centre of midfield was not doing  a good job, no-one was tracking back with Gerrard for the goals. Smith cannot start the next game in midfield or up front. If he does then I will certainly believe the myth that he has to play every game.

It's more the other results that are killing me right now, as we fucked our goal difference even further.

We have been very lucky with results going our way most of the time for weeks. It was bound to change.

Guest LucaAltieri

Well that was awful.

After things looking so promising following the Blackburn game I expected us to at least have a crack against Liverpool. There were only two things we could have done to get a result out of the game:

1) Throw some attacking play at them.

2) Shut up shop.

Since we've looked better at the former than the latter (if only slightly better) of late I'd have expected a bit more drive going forward. In terms of stopping Liverpool there were only two players we needed to keep an eye on. We didn't do it. At the same time we had nowt going forward. Enrique was dire in the first half, N'Zogbia had a shitter, too. Again we've slipped back into the habit of not giving Owen any service, although he did look eager when he had the ball early in the first half.

Whether the performance this game was a confidence thing or Keegan's tactics, I don't know. I suspect the players weren't expecting to get a result today so didn't bother trying. Fucking disgrace. Martins, when he came on, certainly made a case for him to be starting against Birmingham. If he doesn't I'd be fairly surprised and highly disappointed.

After the encouraging signs in the Blackburn game we needed to at least look positive today. We didn't. Combine our attitude with Reading picking up points and it really is brown trousers time. If we stay up it's going to be more to do with other teams' poor performance than anything else.

Fucking 100% depressing result. Bring on Birmingham.

Fulham (though they've got the easiest of the run-ins) are too far adrift imo. Reading were likely to drag themselves out of it once that first win came, which is exactly what we should do but the longer we wait, the harder it gets. Bolton and sunderland are the teams to look at. We need a big Everton win again tomorrow and anything but a Bolton win at the JJB.

Boro will also slide in the coming weeks.

Butt & Smith today were far, far worse than what Derby offer in the same area.

I not 100% sure on that as Robbie Savage has got dropped for being shite, if only kev would do the same. Although I am not 100% convinced that very poor players getting swapped for poor players a significant switch.

Why oh f****** why does Keegan persist with Smith,Duff and Butt? when clearly we have better f****** options.

an absolute total and utter mystery, we were poor and if we survive would like to think an awful lot of so called players from todays tgeam gets the bullet.  

Fulham (though they've got the easiest of the run-ins) are too far adrift imo. Reading were likely to drag themselves out of it once that first win came, which is exactly what we should do but the longer we wait, the harder it gets. Bolton and sunderland are the teams to look at. We need a big Everton win again tomorrow and anything but a Bolton win at the JJB.

Yeash Fulham are as good as down for me.  Sat 19.04.08 mackems (h) could be the game which determines which division we are in next season.

dogshit, surely the rest of the country cant continue to think that Taylor, Milner, Smith, Butt and Owen are actually good players

:lol: Incredible.

?

That you can say that and continue to defend the worst "winger" we've had in the Premiership era.

Bramble-esque.

mate nobody thinks Duff is good player, and i dont continue to defend him

Guest toonlass

Club needs a hotline we can call. Someone has to tell them that our midfield is shit.

here you go

08457 90 90 90

Guest nufc_geordie

Absolutely woeful, no fight left in them at all with maybe the exception of Beye and Harper. We did look better when Martins came on and Zog went on the wing. Can't see where are next points are coming from.

dogshit, surely the rest of the country cant continue to think that Taylor, Milner, Smith, Butt and Owen are actually good players

:lol: Incredible.

?

That you can say that and continue to defend the worst "winger" we've had in the Premiership era.

Bramble-esque.

mate nobody thinks Duff is good player, and i dont continue to defend him

Fair enough. Let you off then. Should have been in your list though.  O0

Guest andynufc84

Absolutely woeful, no fight left in them at all with maybe the exception of Beye and Harper. We did look better when Martins came on and Zog went on the wing. Can't see where are next points are coming from.

Fulham next week, they must

Guest toonlass

Haha!

Liverpool are fuking shit.

Could only manage 3 goals against us, useless fukers.

bluelaugh.gif

Would have cheered me up a very small amount if that Martins shot had gone in.

That deserved a goal. Would have been a rare highlight from this season as well.

Insane attempt.