Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/03/08 - post match reaction from page 21

James

We desrve to be relegated to be honest. Games are usually won and lost in the midfield , if the midfield is not functioning properly , the defence is put under undue pressure and the strikers rarely get the ball in goalscoring areas. It was obvious even before the begining of the season that our midfield lacked pace, strength and composure on the ball. We could have gotten Bouba Diop and Lassine Diarra  fairly cheaply but we bought Smith and Barton instead.Portsmouth are enjoying their best season ever and we're having our worst

Worst season ever? Have a word man.

We desrve to be relegated to be honest. Games are usually won and lost in the midfield , if the midfield is not functioning properly , the defence is put under undue pressure and the strikers rarely get the ball in goalscoring areas. It was obvious even before the begining of the season that our midfield lacked pace, strength and composure on the ball. We could have gotten Bouba Diop and Lassine Diarra  fairly cheaply but we bought Smith and Barton instead.Portsmouth are enjoying their best season ever and we're having our worst

Dont agree with your: We desrve to be relegated. Not atm mate.

I agree with you about Pompey & the amount of people that were appy we didn't get arry in was a bit OTT for me. I wouldnt of minded him at all. Of course getting Keegan back is something the heart will ALWAYS say was a great move.

No surprise today.  Any points would have been a miracle.  People coming on to complain about today need to get a grip.

We need to focus on getting points in the games we have left at home.  Do that and we'll be fine.

Fuck points we just wanted to play to look intrested thats all..

No surprise today.  Any points would have been a miracle.  People coming on to complain about today need to get a grip.

Teams stay up not because of the predicted wins but because they get points that nobody thought they would. I.E West Ham beating Man Utd last season. We need belive we can cause a upset against some club.

Teams stay up not because of the predicted wins but because they get points that nobody thought they would. I.E West Ham beating Man Utd last season. We need belive we can cause a upset against some club.

Feel free to quote half of this post as well.

If we get 7-9 points from those games (which we should if we really deserve to stay up) we'll be fine.

Did you think we'd get anything from today?

I'm pretty sure we stayed up last year by mainly getting easy points that we should have.

Feel free to quote half of this post as well.

If we get 7-9 points from those games (which we should if we really deserve to stay up) we'll be fine.

Did you think we'd get anything from today?

I will quote your full post but answer the bold bit O0

Logic would say no but me being a football fan I always have thoughts that we can win ANY game against ANY club. I wonder if Portsmouth & Barnsley fans thought they would get anything today....

Reading picking up 3 points was a bigger disappointment today; we were never going to get anything today.

We need to make sure we don't lose at Brum & beat Fulham, Reading and the Mackems at home. If we go into the last 2 games needing points we may be fucked. Let's make sure it doesn't come to that.

Guest fraser

I wonder if Mike Ashley is sitting in with the fans today?

Row 17 Seat 75ish; I think he had a meat and potato pie. He signed lots of autographs too.

Guest microbar

This must be the most gutless under performing could not care less team that has ever graced st james park.

We are favourites for the drop now,

RIP Newcastle united the current team dont deserve the geordie faithfulls support week in week out.

:angry:

I wonder if Mike Ashley is sitting in with the fans today?

Row 17 Seat 75ish; I think he had a meat and potato pie. He signed lots of autographs too.

Aye I just spotted him on Football First eating his pie. The commentators didn't though.

Looked like he was thinking "FFS why wasn't Martins on from the start?" :tickedoff:

Guest newcastle4life

Expected stuffing but this isnt the game that will get us relagated if that happens its the next few games against other lower sides. must get points in games like Birmingham, Fulham, Mackems and Reading.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9827/slowslowerng7.jpg

Martins has to be a starter for our remaining home games, surely?

:lol:

Dumb and Dumber would have been good enough.

We're on MOTD now. Watch Butt run away from the header for the second goal.

Watch the ball run just in front of him with 5 minutes to go and watch him with 1 minute to go.  :idiot2: