Would we be in the same situation had Allardyce still been here?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dont believe that for a second, the fact is however apart from what? 2 draws? we HAVE lost every game since he went.

The 4 league games before he left was DLLL in that order, the rot had set in before he was sacked.

I fully believe Big Sam lost all confidence with the board as he knew they wanted rid of him or else knew that they didnt see him as the long term manager, that lack of confidence sank into the squad. If Ashley backed Sam and showed confidence in him then maybe things would have been different. Perhaps the rot set in when Sam asked about funds in January and was told he was getting nothing? Therefore knew his days were numbered? Fact is in the modern game Big Sam is 10 times the manager Keegan is, i mean apart from the day to day management of the first team what else will KK do? Will he revamp the club with sports science etc like Sam did? Not a chance in hell, the signs are clear, i dont need to say much tbh, our league position in mid May will tell the tale.

I fully believe Big Sam lost all confidence with the board as he knew they wanted rid of him or else knew that they didnt see him as the long term manager, that lack of confidence sank into the squad. If Ashley backed Sam and showed confidence in him then maybe things would have been different. Perhaps the rot set in when Sam asked about funds in January and was told he was getting nothing? Therefore knew his days were numbered? Fact is in the modern game Big Sam is 10 times the manager Keegan is, i mean apart from the day to day management of the first team what else will KK do? Will he revamp the club with sports science etc like Sam did? Not a chance in hell, the signs are clear, i dont need to say much tbh, our league position in mid May will tell the tale.

Sports science might not be all its claimed to be by some.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/latest/display.var.2086050.0.duff_doubts_sams_methods.php?act=login

Guest Knightrider

We would have beaten Bolton who would have come here to have a go rather than put 10 men behind the ball, even Megson said KK's arrival altered his pre-match preparation. So no, I don't think we would have. However we wouldn't have been far off where we are now. But then I was saying all season long, even on Big Sam's appointment, that mid-table is our lot. Seems I over estimated our players...

Guest battyleespeed

KK has got only 2 points since he took over. Allardyce, despite inconsistent results, would had got more without a doubt and we certainly would have been conceding less. Looking results wise only we have gotten worse.

We would have beaten Bolton who would have come here to have a go rather than put 10 men behind the ball, even Megson said KK's arrival altered his pre-match preparation. So no, I don't think we would have. However we wouldn't have been far off where we are now. But then I was saying all season long, even on Big Sam's appointment, that mid-table is our lot. Seems I over estimated our players...

so you think we'd have beat bolton because they wouldn't have been so defensive......logic says bolton would have won under those circumstances.

Guest birdhunter

The current situation is the blame of Allardyce.. wrong players, rong tactics.. he made a mess of it and Keegan seems not be able to clean this shit.. very interesting situation.

The current situation is the blame of Allardyce.. wrong players, rong tactics.. he made a mess of it and Keegan seems not be able to clean this s***.. very interesting situation.

Cant blame Sam for Smith still getting a game and in CM on saturday

Nah.

I think you would've have fared better under Allardyce, especially if he was backed with a couple of signings in the Jan window.

However, even if he had to work with what he already had I think he would have made you at least a more solid looking outfit that could grind out results when necessary. There is also the plus point of it being a squad he had started moulding for his own tactics which is something Keegan doesn't have the benefit of.

In short, it looks like it might be touch and go as to whether you stay up under Keegan but I think under  Allardyce we would have seen a finish around the 11th/12th mark.

I said at the time that you should have just stuck with him until the summer at the very least.

Yup.

Should have stuck it out till the summer and then given a new manager time to buy and implement his tactics.

Nah.

I think you would've have fared better under Allardyce, especially if he was backed with a couple of signings in the Jan window.

However, even if he had to work with what he already had I think he would have made you at least a more solid looking outfit that could grind out results when necessary. There is also the plus point of it being a squad he had started moulding for his own tactics which is something Keegan doesn't have the benefit of.

In short, it looks like it might be touch and go as to whether you stay up under Keegan but I think under  Allardyce we would have seen a finish around the 11th/12th mark.

I said at the time that you should have just stuck with him until the summer at the very least.

Yup.

Should have stuck it out till the summer and then given a new manager time to buy and implement his tactics.

:thup:

Amatuer-tastic handling of the club by mort and ashley this season.

though i do have faith they'll learn from it and back keegan this summer (if we stay up).

Nah.

Yup.

:thup:

Amatuer-tastic handling of the club by mort and ashley this season.

though i do have faith they'll learn from it and back keegan this summer (if we stay up).

I think they know they lack knowledge on the football side of things which is why Wise and the other two were brought in.

I don't think anyone expects them to get everything right straight away, however if they don't learn from their mistakes then I wouldn't blame people for getting on their back.

Nah.

Yup.

Whilst I agree that Allardyce should have been kept until the summer, it's worth remembering that most of our underachievement this season came when he was at the helm.

Well, it's not looking like a good move at the moment.

I personally don't think we would've been in the same situation. Under Big Sam we would've at least knicked one win and a couple of draws, if not more.

His system was boring to watch, but it was more effective than we've been seeing from Keegan so far.

Allardyce would have been chased out of town by now.

That's the thing like. If he hadn't gone when he did the fixtures that were coming up would have seen him off anyway.

Well, it's not looking like a good move at the moment.

I personally don't think we would've been in the same situation. Under Big Sam we would've at least knicked one win and a couple of draws, if not more.

His system was boring to watch, but it was more effective than we've been seeing from Keegan so far.

yeah, we were more organised away from home particularly...if you're at 0-0 towards the end of game as opposed to 4-0 there's always the chance you might nick something a la fulham where we played like shit but got a bit of luck

as it is we've been so far out of most games not even luck would help us

That's the thing like. If he hadn't gone when he did the fixtures that were coming up would have seen him off anyway.

very, very good points...still given the new manager didn't bring anyone new in we'd be no worse off would we?

Fulham away were there for the taking as much as any side I can remember seeing recently and Allardyce's ridiculously conservative tactics meant we were extremely fortunate to get the win. And suggesting we'd already have been getting stuffed near the end if Keegan had been manager then is a bit of a stretch imo.

very, very good points...still given the new manager didn't bring anyone new in we'd be no worse off would we?

It would be difficult to have been any worse in fairness. Results-wise anyway.