Side & Formation for Birmingham

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest salva

------------------Harper

Beye     Cacapa      Faye      Jose Enrique

-------------Barton     Emre

Milner                               N'Zogbia

------------Martins       Viduka

Harper

Beye        Cacapa    Taylor      Enrique

Milner      Faye          Emre      Zog

Martins        Owen

Dunno if Emre's fit or not so Geremi goes in if he isn't.

Harper

Beye Diatta Taylor Enrique

Milner Geremi Faye N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Fuck it, might as well.

Emre in for Taylor (Faye back in defence) if he's fit. It'll never be this though.

Everyone seems to be going for a 4-4-2. What about an Everton-esque formation with two defensive midfielder giving the other three in midfield a bit more freedom to attack? Our main problem is the quality of our central midfield. Nowadays, in a 442 you really need two players who are complete, all round, box-to-box players equally comfortable defending or attacking. We just haven't got that.

We'd be better off playing two midfielders whose job is simply to cover the back four and allow the front four to attack.

------------ Harper

Beye - Cacapa - Taylor - Enrique

-------- Geremi - Faye

Duff ----------------------- N'Zogbia

------------- Milner

------------ Martins

Harper

Beye Faye Taylor Enrique

Milner Barton Butt N'Zogbia

Owen  Martins

Got the same team as you ,if the other bunch of cunts cannot do it I.E Duff ,Smith lets try another bunch of cunts.

Harper

Beye Faye Taylor Enrique

Milner Barton Butt N'Zogbia

Owen  Martins

Got the same team as you ,if the other bunch of c***s cannot do it I.E Duff ,Smith lets try another bunch of c***s.

Butt has been the worst of the lot! Every time he gets the ball he attempts a 40 yard cross-field pass to no one. Without fail! We'd be better off with ten men.

Harper

Beye          Taylor            Faye          Enrique

Milner          Butt                Emre        Duff

Martins

Viduka

Butt, as he has something to prove against Brum, Emre if fit. Duff (but off in a flash for Zog if not producing). Viduka as a target man (wishful thinking he'll be fit & interested) & Martins feeding off him & slightly behind him.

Smith, Barton no chance. Geremi possibly. Take a chance on Emre. We can't play Owen & Martins as a two up front in this game; Martins has to play.

______________________Harper_________________________

Beye_________Cacapa/Edgar________Faye_____________Enrique

LuaLua/Troisi_______Butt___________Milner____________NZogbia

_________________Martins______Caroll____________________

Guest Deep456

Harper

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Milner Emre Duff

Owen Martins

Viduka

Subs: N'zogbia, Geremi, Foster, Taylor, Caroll

Harper

Beye Faye Cacapa Enrique

Milner Emre Duff

Owen Martins

Viduka

Subs: N'zogbia, Geremi, Foster, Taylor, Caroll

That team would get murdered by and premiership side!

The midfield three would offer no width and no cover for the back four. Owen and Martins have shown on numerous occasions they can't play 'in the hole' and Viduka might be big and strong but a lone striker he is not.

D- Must try harder.

Harper

Beye Caçapa Faye Diatta

LuaLua Geremi Barton N'Zogbia

Martins Smith

Birmingham do not play with a great deal of width so i'd go with a very compact back four. I like Enrique but at this stage we can't be relying on a youngster who he is low on confidence and still adjusting to English football. I know there's a contradiction there in selecting Diatta, but he is experienced and there's the added bonus that he's played with Beye, Faye and Caçapa before.

Geremi did reasonably well at Anfield. He at least looked like a central midfielder and tried to pass the ball. I would however be hesitant about partnering him with Emre away from home, if Emre is even available. So whilst Barton may be in poor form, he won't hide away in this game and still offers some steel.

Milner is giving us nothing at the moment and we know Lua Lua has a bit of pace about him. It would be a gamble, but Kazenga has looked confident in his short cameos to date and we're crying out for a player to pick the ball up and run with it. If N'Zogbia is not having a good game we become frighteningly static.

Smith obviously won't be a popular choice, but who else do you start now? Owen has been absolutely nonexistent in recent games and has not even taken his chances when they have come. I still rate him to an extent but he does not bring enough to a struggling side. Viduka? There's a question mark over his fitness too and i would be worried about his attitude in a potentially cold, wet and windy Monday night away game. Carroll? Perhaps from the substitutes' bench but it would be a big ask for him to make any kind of impact on an experienced Premier League defence from the start.

We all know how bad Smith has been but we need someone up there who will make their defence work, defend from the front and give us some kind of ball retention. Any other combination i could see completely disappearing for 90 minutes and we simply can't afford that.

Guest toonlass

We have to make this match count.

Assuming that the Boro get beaten by Villa in midweek, then saturdays fixtures which mean something to us are

Arsenal v Middlesbrough

Liverpool v Reading

Sunderland v Chelsea

Wigan v Bolton

If these go as they should, then we have a chance, if we can pick up 3 points at St Andrews.

Nate, I personally wouldn't have Barton anywhere near the first team at the moment. He's not in a mentally fit state to play football, you can see that. Even the bite that you normally get from Joey Barton has gone.

Am I the only one who thinks that the idea of starting youngsters as some on here are suggesting is absolutely insane. Why the heck would you throw Lua Lua or Carroll into a game where we aboslutely must win. Did we not learn from Huntington at Alkmaar last season?

I'd rather have a kid playing than Smith, Butt, Duff or Barton.

You presume that these untried kids would be better than the above. While that lot are shite their is no garuntee someone like Lua Lua could step up and do any better.

Any one selecting Cacapa clearly have forgotten the fucking over Cameron Jerome gave him at St. James.

That completely emphasises the crap that people are coming out with at the moment. Cacapa was indeed fucked over that day. Fuckin pasted all over by Jerome, while he sat on the bench. He was nowhere to be seen when Jerome waltzed around Shay and scored. Fuckin Cacapa! He's shit. He was shit the week later at Fulham. He was shit yesterday and against Man U as well.